the name become yellow

I figured out how I can get my name to change to gold every time. I already typed it up at http://www.gtaddict.com/g430.html

I don't get it.
You refer to an answer to this "mystery" that you are questioning yourself.

I quote from your web page:
"I think it might be because I already won the race, or maybe because now I have beaten every race, or possibly because I have all golds in every event. My money is on the theory that it has something to do with already winning the race."

With all due respect, to me, that doesn't sound like the final answer :)
It does look like a bug/glitch, however.

OK, let's sort this once and for all, I hope!

I have been playing the Suzuka pro event all afternoon, with my name in WHITE.
I then decided to see if I could do license test S-8 (The one where you have to get yourself in 1st & the other F430 in 2nd)
It took me a while and to be honest some rather more dirty driving than I would normally do to finally pass the mission. (Mainly crowding the R8's off-line and onto the gravel/grass etc, to allow my 'team-mate' to get past them, cos he's bloody well useless)
I then went back to the Suzuka on-line race, and Lo and Behold, my name is now YELLOW!

I have done nothing more today than a few races @ Suzuka against a LOT of rather ruthless Japanese drivers (most of which I ended up low in the order, or exiting out of because of their "tactics", and got sick and tired of. ), the S-8 mission, and gone back to Suzuka AFTER beating the mission.

So there we have it!
If the car and the track match up to an S license mission that you have beaten, and you have won the race online......then your name goes yellow!

Simple as that!
Probably?

Neil

It could be an award to say that you have just beaten the S8 mission, for a short period, then it goes away!:boggled:

We will probably never know until PD actually tell us!:indiff:

Neil

What I was saying is it might be as simple as:

-Beat S-8 mission
-Go back into S-8 mission
-Name becomes gold

All I have to do is enter the S-8 mission race and my name turns gold. I don't even have to start the race, it shows it at screen before you race.

g2.jpg

It might be as simple as:
-Beat S-8 mission
-Name becomes gold

All I have to do is enter the S-8 mission race and my name turns gold. I don't even have to start the race, it shows it at screen before you race.

yep,tried it,saw it,end of it.:)

What I was saying is it might be as simple as:

-Beat S-8 mission
-Name becomes gold

g2.jpg

Just tried it out. Seems that this does the trick :D

So, there is no special meaning to those yellow names after all... How disappointing :lol:

Just tried it out. Seems that this does the trick :D

So, there is no special meaning to those yellow names after all... How disappointing :lol:

Actually, PD probably thought that it would be nice for anyone to have completed the S-missions to get some kind of recognition. And therefor tagged the code to show people who have done so.

Bless their little cotton sock! (They can only wear the other when they sort out the cheating problem! :))

Neil

But the yellow color doesn't stick. As mentioned earlier, I've already completed the S-8 long ago and it could well be that I saw my name in yellow just after that, but never since (before this test, that is).
So, if this is not a bug, what all the yellow color means is that you've just completed S-8 and hasn't changed car since. Sounds a little far fetched that this should be intentional.

It all sounds more and more like a simple bug :D

My 430s have kept their gold names, even after I've got out of them. It doesn't happen after you win the race, it happens when you re-enter the race after already completing it.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/support/d1777c41.html

オンラインIDが黄色で表示されるのはなぜですか?
【GT5プロローグ】

『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』のOnline(オンライン)モードのグリッド画面で、通常白く表示されるべきオンラインIDが黄色、またはグレーで表示される場合があります。

これはプログラムの不具合によるもので、色の違いによる特別な意味はありません。後日アップデートにて修正されます。お客様にはご迷惑をおかけして、たいへん申し訳ありません。

アップデートの時期は決まり次第、ゲーム内のNews(ニュース)および、当サイトにてご案内します。

Why is online ID displayed in yellow?
【 GT5 prologue 】

Online ID that should be displayed in the usual white on the grid screen of Online (online) mode of 'GT5 P' might be displayed in yellow or the gray.

This is due to the problem of the program, and doesn't have a special meaning by the difference of the color. It will be corrected by a later update. We are really sorry for the confusion.

We will post the time of the update on News (news) in the game and this site as soon as the schedule is determined.

But there were reports of names in yellow before the 430 online race, what about those?

:rolleyes:

Why is online ID displayed in yellow?
【 GT5 prologue 】

Online ID that should be displayed in the usual white on the grid screen of Online (online) mode of 'GT5 P' might be displayed in yellow or the gray.

This is due to the problem of the program, and doesn't have a special meaning by the difference of the color. It will be corrected by a later update. We are really sorry for the confusion.

We will post the time of the update on News (news) in the game and this site as soon as the schedule is determined.

Back