The New Black List ;_;

• Thread starter PSTC555
  • 609 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why move at all ? Just stay on the racing line and let those people come off the line to go round you. The guys I overtake who stay on a predicted racing line as I slip stream past them are the guys I consider to be good racers. If I see them coming up behind me at drafting speed I'll stay on my line and hopefully leave them plenty of room to pass.
These kind of back and forth battles are the ones I love. Sometimes you can overtake and be overtaken again by the same guy twice in one lap. When it happens cleanly then it's really game on!!

I agree whole heartedly with this and try to race by this principle, not saying that i'm a complete saint and don't have the odd accident but i never intentionally block as i don't see the point 👍

Yeah, if only it was that easy. At the start of the Fuji races where you have 12 cars going into the turn at the same time, staying on your racing line costs you the race pretty much. I braked early so I could enter the turn without ramming others from behind, but little did I realize I would be the one getting rammed from behind.

I was in that race, 12 cars online going into turn 1 at Fuji from a standing start is a sight to behold :D. Most of the cars made it through without spinning which is a miracle

I've had a few good battles with GTP'ers. I always love wiggling my racing line on the straightaways so the person drafting has to move with me. But I didn't realize that was termed "blocking" and not fair, so my apologizes to whoever I've blocked. I will refrain from now on! :D

I was behind you on Fuji's long straight and didn't mind you doing this as long as you didn't keep weaving when I got close to you. I don't see a problem with weaving as long as you aren't close enough to someone where it can cause a crash or contact

Well I usually don't make a one move block, I felt quilty, thats why I came here and asked.

I won't do it again.

SoopaDoopa, avoid this guy if possible. Just plain bad at driving, and will occasionally bump and wreck into you.

-Matt

R_FLATS can also suck on my metaphorical downpipe, horrible driver.

I have also had minor issue with R_Flats but some others like FrankFast97 (consistent bumping/pushing/crashing and when he causes himself to be out of the race he ALWAYS leaves if he is hosting) & T-Swole is just absolutely flagrant.

subaru7070 (A) (US/CA)

EDIT: add dabluebeast (A) (US) for repeatedly shunting me into a wall on the straight away for high speed ring. There is NO excuse for that when I spent the whole race letting faster cars pass and avoiding the destruction derby mess of beginner racing -_-.

add taco_john (A) (US) Ramming and using opponents as a brake. I lost first place after being buried in the outside wall of Daytona and then rammed by everyone behind me after losing speed.

and a huge selection of other nitwits and bumpers and opponent riding wall rider twits need to go on a block list once we're able to control our games and matches. Private FTW. For now, I can't stand racing online. My blood pressure shoots through the roof. Oh, and we need to be able to ban players from our games too. PSN needs that function really badly.

bubabub5 (ES)

when I pulled along side forcing me into the wall and spinning me out, got back up to him and he was ramming another racer. When I then passed him again he used me as a brake and rammed me into the guy infront.

I'm not sure. I've done a couple of online races before, but the majority was last night. I don't recall seeing your name, but that may have been because I was concentrating on the crap drivers :lol:

I agree. I do it in LANs, I do it online. There's always the next corner - it's not worth the effort to block a clearly-faster car.

Indeed, and on the long term can a SLOW-IN mean that you'll have a FAST-OUT, wich means you could benefit from letting a faster car pass in a certain corner only to take him back the next corner... Lines constantly switch in a fight on a track, to take the fastest OVERALL line it's a matter of outsmarting the faster opponent sometimes.

(...) I always love wiggling my racing line on the straightaways so the person drafting has to move with me. But I didn't realize that was termed "blocking" and not fair, so my apologizes to whoever I've blocked. I will refrain from now on! :D

I guess that's not blocking until someone is trying to pass. It won't be so until someone is trying to get out of the stream and along side to pass. Then it's the "one move" rule.

But, even if you are 2 or 3 car lengths ahead, it's still considered "inconsiderate" to be weaving around, and I think I can speak for all and thank you for your decision not to do that anymore 👍

Drafting is a part of the game.

Simply_tha_Best (LU) He hit me 3 times in 2 races and when i was leading the race, he just bumped me out of the first corner of Suzuka.

lazerusrm (US)

Raced with him about 5 times at High Speed Ring, he was in a Corvette Z06 Tuned. He'd run into you from behind when you brake for a corner, ram you in the side if you tried to pass, and even brake checked people who got close to him in a draft.

Pathetically, he still lost all five races to me...

lazerusrm (US)

Raced with him about 5 times at High Speed Ring, he was in a Corvette Z06 Tuned. He'd run into you from behind when you brake for a corner, ram you in the side if you tried to pass, and even brake checked people who got close to him in a draft.

Pathetically, he still lost all five races to me...

Owned:lol:👍

I've changed my M3 to 598PP and have been leaving almost everyone behind in HSR, starting from top3.

But I get a 50% server disconnected, right on the start. I guess someone didn't see who he was looking for in the line up, and quit, leaving everyone else to rejoin another race...

So, question: how to be sure of who is the server in a race? Can we safely nominate nr1 on the line up? I read that before, but I'm afraid of an unfair nomination to the black list... Can someone reasure me ?

Thanks

The first person listed on the pre-race screen is the host. But not the person who starts on pole position, that's determined by PP.

You'll also know if you're the host when, when it it searching for players, it says "Creating Room" rather than "Joining Room".

Yesterday, It was a pain, the host quit 3 times in a row (then I switch servers) because he got spun out, or he was not in a first place..
I forgot his name.. I really dislike driving with people like that!
Also I was having a nice race with a GTPlanet user and I wanted to show him my skills and go head to head! and one guy from behind, at start of the race slam me into gravel, and that happen few times each rounds..

only if i had a better memory, pen and paper next to me..
But puting a name on the list I don't think will do anything to stop them! :(

PS wish I was the host many times, Even if Somone spins me out, or I spin myself out of the road, I won't QUIT!

JohnnyWise
Nizmoh
Demajr11

all did the same thing, neck and neck towards the finish line, they would try and push me into the wall.

as much as I hate to say it, I'm starting to think there isn't anything the PD could do except make all the cars ghost all the time. There will always be people who block more than they should, bump you, and brake check. Of course with everybody ghosts the question of drafting comes up...plus it would mean that everybody is running simultaneous time trails, since everybody will be taking the same line.

Although I'd much rather have that, than get 2nd place because the first place guy pushes me into a wall when I try and pass.

well, itz all quiet for now... Done some decent races with some clios. Even let a couple of them pass after I involuntarily bumped them, and then passed them clean... No issues at the moment...

Yesterday, It was a pain, the host quit 3 times in a row (then I switch servers) because he got spun out, or he was not in a first place..
I forgot his name.. I really dislike driving with people like that!
Also I was having a nice race with a GTPlanet user and I wanted to show him my skills and go head to head! and one guy from behind, at start of the race slam me into gravel, and that happen few times each rounds..

only if i had a better memory, pen and paper next to me..
But puting a name on the list I don't think will do anything to stop them! :(

PS wish I was the host many times, Even if Somone spins me out, or I spin myself out of the road, I won't QUIT!

I think you & I where playing yesterday and if it was, the guys name is FrankFast97 in the Red GT Tuned Skyline.

well, itz all quiet for now... Done some decent races with some clios. Even let a couple of them pass after I involuntarily bumped them, and then passed them clean... No issues at the moment...

Take that back... Just one a tight one, only to get server disconnect after crossing the line... Didn't get the guys name... freakin idiots...

North American version of GT5P.

Just been racing most of tonight with either my Integra or GT-R at Daytona. 2 drivers kept cropping up all the time and always pulled the same tricks:

SILOH2002 driving a green Lotus Elise would just ram anyone in sight for the first 2 laps and then wait on the finish line to take the field out at the end.

menger06fx4 driving an Integra would pretty much ram anyone in sight and then once in the lead would either break test you or just hold you up and force you on the grass or into the wall. If they were ahead on the last lap they'll spin out at the finish line to cause chaos.

There were also a lot of good racers online tonight but they are far outweighed by the Numpties :grumpy:

psn: Torontoblue

I enjoyed racing all night...then suddenly i had a race where he was in. Remembering his name from previous moments of frustration, i parked the car alongside the hsr straight end turned of my ps3 after the race.

I enjoyed racing all night...then suddenly i had a race where he was in. Remembering his name from previous moments of frustration, i parked the car alongside the hsr straight end turned of my ps3 after the race.

If you do that, "they" win... Be cool, learn to avoid his moves, see where they are slower and then beat them fare and square.

Greatest joy there is, is to outsmart one of their dirty moves and pass them, when they are searching for you in the mirror, you go by on the other side.

Makes wining even more fun!

I'd just like to say sorry to Hans_Horst_K (HU) at Suzuka Circuit

for a slight bump sending him off the track...I did wait 5 seconds out of fair play!

Edgar_Ferrari ... This little git takes the biscuit and I would love to lodge my foot right up his jacksie :grumpy: all the usual crappy driving tactics .. corner ramming, side swiping and then driving the track in reverse after he couldn't catch up to ram people the normal way 👎 he's an absolute A class tosser :mad:

Znuff2424(US)

Basically everything under the sun. Car banging, rear-end slamming, trying to knock rear-ends out, brake-checking.

MRv510 (US)

This guy runs you off the course, blocks you like no other, tries to spin you and tries to ram you into the wall. Sounds like a good guy huh?

4/22/08 1241PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back