The New GTPlanet Scavenger Hunt...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,038 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roo
What year does your Mini's numberplate make it, Rue?

Ooh, now you're asking. I don't think it works like that here. They originally began registering cars starting with the number '1' and no prefix. When they reached '9999', they began adding prefixes, first 'HK' (e.g. HK 365), then 'XX' (e.g. XX 1924). After these were exhausted, I think they then used 'AA, AB, AC, etc. until we got to where we are now, which is 'N_'. Chinese people are very partial to 'lucky numbers', basically number that are supersticious in some way, so the plate in question could also be a personal plate. Basically, I have no idea when it was registered.

Ah. Never mind then. :)

I'd say they're both standard late 90s cars (Famine's being a '97). The lights on Rue's Mini are almost certainly standard - apart from some of the decals (the PIAA, the 2 stripes between the windscreen wipers and the Union Jack), the rest of the car fits (correct wheelarches, correct clear indicators, correct wheels etc.):

johncooper97.jpg

I would suggest a point each. Hope that helps.

Roo
Ah. Never mind then. :)

I'd say they're both standard late 90s cars (Famine's being a '97).

'99 (S-reg).

However, I also have a LandCruiser with 4 aftermarket lamps... :D

Even a '99 (I read 'S' and thought 'P' :odd:) Note to self: don't make sleepy posts. The rest of the post looks alright though.

The winners for my categories are:

Avant Garde: Famine with 25 Avants! #15 looks suspiciously like an A4 Avant and not a labeled A3. One point.

Hardhats: Famine with 7 removable hardtops! One point.

Light is Right: Gashly with one of the first customer 2-11s! One pint.

Rally stylin': I don't know if this category was misunderstood, but I should've worded it most forward-facing aftermarket lights on one car wins. Regardless, Famine wins with the 4 foggies on his Landcruiser. One point.

e31: No big heavy expensive BMWs :(

Gashlycrumb - 1 point
Famine - 3 points

Fammy, you're up at bat big guyy.

Challenge #1: Beat my best
I will take a photo of the fastest car I see this week. I will reveal the car (I don't have one yet) after the contest is closed. Whoever has a faster car than me wins a point. If nobody does, the closest to my car's top speed gets it.

Challenge #2: Open season
Quickest convertible. No targa tops or t-bars. Fully retractable hood only.

Challenge #3: Triple threat
Three cars in the same photo with the highest combined top speed. Can be as many cars as you want in the photo, but you must pick your three.

Challenge #4: A bit of an animal
A photo of a car whose manafacturer or model uses an animal in the company's logo. Most different manafacturers / models wins.

- You may only use a manafacturer / *model once
*(e.g. 60's Mustang or 90's Mustang are the same model despite being different years)
- Fantasy creatures are ok

Bonus: Yellow Mercedes (With a twist)
Anyone who takes a photo of a Merc in yellow gets a point (SLK would be the obvious contender), BUT if your Merc is an SLK and someone gets a Merc that isn't an SLK, all yellow SLK's then DO NOT count for a point. If everyone gets SLK's, each one gets a point. Is that confusing? Not in my head, but tell me if you're baffled.

Remember, no commercial vehicles - e.g. vans, trucks, highway maintenance cars etc.

Rue

Bonus: Yellow Mercedes (With a twist)
Anyone who takes a photo of a Merc in yellow gets a point (SLK would be the obvious contender), BUT if your Merc is an SLK and someone gets a Merc that isn't an SLK, all yellow SLK's then DO NOT count for a point. If everyone gets SLK's, each one gets a point. Is that confusing? Not in my head, but tell me if you're baffled.
I don't get it. What if there are three entries, all different models? And none SLKs. Who gets to win then?

Do Vitos,Vaneos etc count for the Yellow M-B category?

I've made a start on the Animal Category. Are these what you had in mind?

Ford Mustang (horse)

Hyundai Tiburon (Spanish for Shark)

Suzuki Swift (bird)

Mitsubishi Colt (horse)

Ford Falcon (bird)

Nissan Bluebird (bird)

Jaguar XJ6 (Panthera onca)

Ford Taurus (Bull)

Nissan Prairie (Prairie Dog) - Bit of a long shot :D

Do Vitos,Vaneos etc count for the Yellow M-B category?

I've made a start on the Animal Category. Are these what you had in mind?

Ford Mustang (horse)

Hyundai Tiburon (Spanish for Shark)

Suzuki Swift (bird)

Mitsubishi Colt (horse)

Ford Falcon (bird)

Nissan Bluebird (bird)

Jaguar XJ6 (Panthera onca)

Ford Taurus (Bull)

Nissan Prairie (Prairie Dog) - Bit of a long shot :D

Ha! Brilliant effort there! But actually I meant there must be an animal visually incorporated in the manafacturer/model logo. Sorry, mate! The Mustang and the Jag count though.

No commercial vehicles. MPV's are ok as long as they're not painted for commercial use. I imagine there are a lot of yellow Mercedes highway maintenance vehicles around. They don't count! Actually, I did this challenge because I saw a couple of Mercs in rare shades of yellow this week including this one...

Challenge #1: Beat my best
Ferrari 599 GTB: 330+Kph

Challenge #2: Open season

Aston Martin Virage: 254Km

Challenge #4: A bit of an animal
Do Aston Martin's Bird wings count?

Ferrari's Horse

Jaguar

Dodge Ram

Peugeot - Lion

Saab - Griffin

Alfa - Snake

Mustang - Horse and Holden Lion

Bugger.

New categories:
1. 4-pot on finance - I want the most expensive car (or SUV/pickup) with a 4 cylinder engine. GAP category
2. Supercars in blue - any car with a top speed in excess of 155mph in a blue hue.
3. GT4-one-offs - you remember the category from before... I want examples of cars which are in GT4, but only those from single-model manufacturers (Spyker, SEAT, Proto Motors [yeah, right], Land Rover - you get the picture).
4. Say my name - I want as many car models in one photo as you can, which start with letters in my username. 2 points to anyone who gets all six models in one shot. Note: models. FIAT Panda doesn't get you an F, but Toyota Echo does get you an E.

Bonus: Ford GT/GT40 (or replica) - freak one-off rule change... CAR SHOWS AND SHOWROOMS COUNT, but a wild spot trumps them.

4-pot on finance
Audi A4 Cabriolet 1.8T (the only options for an A4 Cabriolet in NZ are the 1.8T and the 3.2FSI and nobody debadges the top spec model :)) - NZ$87,700 : GAP$1.75 (based on the 5dr Golf GTi at $49,900)

Supercars in blue

E36 Bmw M3 - 163mph

GT4-one-offs

Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Say my name

F - 6. Ford Falcon x 1, 7. Ford Festiva x 1, 10. Ford Focus
A - 4. Honda Accord x 1, 11. Holden Astra
M - 1. Nissan Maxima x 4 - 9.Isuzu MU, 8. Mazda MPV
I
N
E - 2. Ford Escape x1, 3. M-B E Class, 5. Toyota Estima

3. GT4-one-offs - you remember the category from before... I want examples of cars which are in GT4, but only those from single-model manufacturers (Spyker, SEAT, Proto Motors [yeah, right], Land Rover - you get the picture).

A trillion points if you get the Bentley.

Categories for this week:

1) Dirty Filthy Lucre - Most expensive car in need of a wash (GAP Applies)
2) Little 'n' Large - Smallest car next to the largest car. Will be judged on weight difference.
3) Wrong side drive - A car with the steering wheel on the wrong side (RHD in a LHD country or RHD in a LHD country)
4) Back in Black - Most black cars in a row

Bonus - MKIV Toyota Supra

1997.toyota.supra.10182-396x249.jpg

2) Little 'n' Large - Smallest car next to the largest car. Will be judged on weight difference.

Am I allowed to find say an Excursion and park my Mini next to it? I'm guessing probably no but it couldn't hurt to ask.

4-pot - Exige - MSRP US$56990
lotexige00azd6.jpg

Blue supercar - R34 GT-R - Limited to 155mph but I can't find the official figure. I guess no points for me...
nisr34gtr00abn9.jpg

Rue
4-pot - Exige - MSRP US$56990

Dollars are meaningless to this thread.

You need to divide the Hong Kong price in HKD by the Hong Kong price of a new Golf GTi (3 door by default, but 5 door if you don't get the 3 door) in HKD. THAT's the number you need to post.

I'm messed up on contest days, is it still cool to post the GT40?

n38505333_32150964_8883.jpg

And it was ok to not be on the road right?

Soooo, which catagories are we going for now?

On the off chance we're doing Gashlycrumbs, and in case I forget:

Morrisons2.jpg

Left hooker in a RHD country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back