The New King of Racers? FM4

jasjeet
Didnt games like NFS in the 90's have cockpit view?

This copying stuff is annoying me, if you are trying to imitate real life than arent all the outcomes going to be a copy of each other? People need to get over it.

YES nfs porsche unleashed ! I love that game

Didnt games like NFS in the 90's have cockpit view?

This copying stuff is annoying me, if you are trying to imitate real life than arent all the outcomes going to be a copy of each other? People need to get over it.

Exactly well said. They are copying real life as apposed to eachother.👍

I think the deeper question is...what feature in Forza was NOT copied (or GT). I think almost every single feature has been done in games before them.

I think the deeper question is...what feature in Forza was NOT copied (or GT). I think almost every single feature has been done in games before them.

Did you not read Hotspitta's and Jasjeet's posts? If you didnt then please go back and read them since they sum it up perfectly. People need to stop this copying crap. All they are trying to do is copy real life things, not other games.

Did you not read Hotspitta's and Jasjeet's posts? If you didnt then please go back and read them since they sum it up perfectly. People need to stop this copying crap. All they are trying to do is copy real life things, not other games.

That wasn't the point of my post.

OIL CHANGES! :dopey:

Seriously though, who cares about who copied who? As long as we keep getting great games (like GT, Forza and Shift) I know I couldn't care less if Forza did something before GT or otherwise.

Parker

Do you have any proof that Turn 10 copied the cockpit idea specifically from GT5P? It is common sense to include such a basic features in such a highly anticipated game like Forza 3.
If you looked at what I was quoting, you will know what I mean. Why would you say doing all cockpit views in the next GT will be copying Forza when the previous two GT games released before Forza 3 had all cockpit views. Forza 2 never had cockpit view and I don't see people slating it but people slate GT5 for not having cockpit view for a game totaling over 1000 cars. That is more than the total figure for the whole of the Forza series. If it was such a basic feature then Forza 2 would have had it.

I remember watching an interview before Forza 3 was released that they were having second thoughts of not including cockpits as it is a huge investment but thought what the heck and did it. We all know Turn 10 have a close eye on what all other games are doing and seeing how much they were trash talking PD and GT, near the time of the release of Forza 3, I would say that is due to them including cockpits but they would have kept their mouths shut more if they did not include them as they would look foolish calling GT series stagnant. It was mainly due to Che Chou though, so it is good to see they are not doing this so much with Forza 4, but they are doing it in a subliminal way instead which is more classy and I'm sure Kaz will take note this time as Forza 4 looks to be a huge step in the right direction for the series.

If you want to carry this discussion further, then it might be best to carry it to the dedicated FM Vs GT thread so you can quote me there and I will reply there.

Last edited:
^Wha?

Seriously though, who cares about who copied who? As long as we keep getting great games (like GT, Forza and Shift) I know I couldn't care less if Forza did something before GT or otherwise

Nobody cares. It's just for the sake of discussion on a forum.

Nobody cares. It's just for the sake of discussion on a forum.
Oh, some people seem to care. It's another way to discredit Forza, right? :lol:

Let's hope that FM4 will squash such petty complaints due to its quality. Fingers crossed that what ISR said is actually true.

Regarding cockpits and interior Forza still have few issues to solve:

- for wheel users > when looking left/right I want to see interior (as we can with right stick on controller) and not just plain-sight side-view

- when looking behind I would like to see the interior too (not just plain-sight)

- it would be nice if actual windshield effect would exist this time, not just the 100% translucent nothing

Regarding cockpits and interior Forza still have few issues to solve:

- for wheel users > when looking left/right I want to see interior (as we can with right stick on controller) and not just plain-sight side-view

- when looking behind I would like to see the interior too (not just plain-sight)

- it would be nice if actual windshield effect would exist this time, not just the 100% translucent nothing

Kinect + Forza 4 should resolve the wheel issue while panning your view. Instead of full lock left or full lock right you'll be able to pan the view as you look that way.

I'd rather NOT have back seat interiors modeled. That is such a waste of resources in my book. There's plenty that these games can add or adjust rather than having a view I might use 1% of the time. And if they are modeled I'm looking out the window for the competition.. not go 'ooo look the back seats have red stitching. For AutoVista mode... they can model whatever they want.

I agree on the windshield. I mean I've cleaned my windshield so well to the point it looked like nothing was there but you still notice the haze or light passing through the slight curvature of the windshield. All they need to do is add a slight shine. I'm fine with it but it'd be nice if they did that.

KINECT WILL MAKE THEM INTO BELIEVERS...

The detail and lighting is just incredible on the leather and stitching.👍

AUTOVISTA WITH CONTROLLER

I'll be a believer when Turn 10 gets it's act together and doesn't bail on everyone after a few months with FM4.

disinfected
I'll be a believer when Turn 10 gets it's act together and doesn't bail on everyone after a few months with FM4.

What are you talking about? We got dlc and gifted cars for vip members for a solid year.

Really? We had 12 months + of car packs + 1 track DLC, + various in-game competitions, new lobbies being rotated etc.. by which time FM4 was starting to get some exposure..

They can always do more of course, but in this day and age, I can't really bring myself to be so jaded to think they've 'bailed on me'..

Each to their own.. what kind of stuff where you expecting?

You know what's messed up though. Say FM4 does give us a years worth of DLC after patches. GT5 fans will be clamoring how PD gave them support for years, cause I do expect some type of DLC after they finish other stuff. But a year of all of that "support" will be in fixing the game to what it should be.

Off topic here but......

I don't believe GT5 will get DLC. Or rather if it does, I feel that GT6 will be out on PS4.

I honestly can't see GT6 and DLC coming to the same console something's got to give.

I would imagine GT6 is the priority. It should be.

You know what's messed up though. Say FM4 does give us a years worth of DLC after patches. GT5 fans will be clamoring how PD gave them support for years, cause I do expect some type of DLC after they finish other stuff. But a year of all of that "support" will be in fixing the game to what it should be.

Hahaha exactly. We will get ne newest cars coming out next year. Ugg Kaz is just now announcing mid race saves...mhuwhahahahaha No new cars for Gt boys for the next 4 years..:sly:

They're adding race saves now? I haven't checked on what PD added to GT5 since about Februray, have I missed something major or did it take them that long to get something substantial added to the game?

If anyone has bailed on anyone it's PD, not T10. T10 continued to provide DLC cars and tracks in their previous Forza titles and we will expect the same with Forza 4. I wouldn't call championship series save points or the current enduro save point hooking up the community. It's more of them listening and implimenting something that should have been there from the get go, amongst many things that's been updated over the patches.

Well, if it's T10, they're "milking the community with overpriced DLC LOL". On the other hand, people are hoping for DLC for GT5, because if PD does it, "Kaz cares so much about us OMG".

Did I get that right?

They're adding race saves now? I haven't checked on what PD added to GT5 since about Februray, have I missed something major or did it take them that long to get something substantial added to the game?
Yeah, no announcement date nor Patch Version number when it should be out so don't hold your breath.

Well, if it's T10, they're "milking the community with overpriced DLC LOL". On the other hand, people are hoping for DLC for GT5, because if PD does it, "Kaz cares so much about us OMG".

Did I get that right?
Perfectly

Did I get that right?

Supposedly the DLC that we do get with GT5 will be FREE, so if that claim is true, I won't complain.

Back