The New Toyota Supra Vs. Its Key Rivals, By The Numbers

I am not talking about lap times, the Corvette has a better Engine sound. And its way faster.
And the Engine is more reliable than Any gtr could ever be. Yes you can upgrade the Power on the gtr, but it won't be as reliable as the corvette,

E.x a Corvette c6 offers more perfomence than Any other sports car for its price if you get a used one and it will still be reliable. Nissan gtr are not reliable same goes for the evo. Not at least if you want it to push the same Power as the Corvette, a bigger Engine has more advantages in many ways.
Is that why basically zero Corvettes and a thousand GTRs are fighting for quarter mile world records?

:lol:

Not at least if you want it to push the same Power as the Corvette
Corvette C7 = 460hp
Nissan GT-R = 565hp

Unless you want to compare the Nismo vs the Z06, then the GT-R is down 50hp but at those power numbers that's not much.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-competition-vs-2019-chevrolet-camaro-ss-1le/

Great test of two of its rivals. Mkv will struggle against such machines, with the camaro being exactly its price.
Seems it's doing fairly well for a car that has less power than either of those. Only 0.2s off with extremely similar top speeds? According to that article, the Supra is also considerably lower price than the M2 Comp, and basically the same price as the Camaro? Sounds pretty comparable if you ask me. It could likely go either way, with it being that close.

I don't know what the fuss is about, to me it's a good looking, quick enough car. Then again, I didn't deify the 2JZ, Paul Walker or the films he starred in.

Seems it's doing fairly well for a car that has less power than either of those. Only 0.2s off with extremely similar top speeds? According to that article, the Supra is also considerably lower price than the M2 Comp, and basically the same price as the Camaro? Sounds pretty comparable if you ask me. It could likely go either way, with it being that close.

Given its already slower and its inferior power that disparity will only grow and grow considerably the longer the run.

Wonder is it even managed high 12s in the 1/4.

VXR
I don't know what the fuss is about, to me it's a good looking, quick enough car. Then again, I didn't deify the 2JZ, Paul Walker or the films he starred in.

lol he was a joke, and the movies crap.

Given its already slower and its inferior power that disparity will only grow and grow considerably the longer the run.
Or it could go both ways. Seems like it can very well be up to a drivers game for the M2 Comp, while the Camaro might be having the slight edge. These stats on paper seem pretty darn close if you ask me, pretty good for a car that has considerably less power than either of those.
Wonder is it even managed high 12s in the 1/4.

Or it could go both ways. Seems like it can very well be up to a drivers game for the M2 Comp, while the Camaro might be having the slight edge. These stats on paper seem pretty darn close if you ask me, pretty good for a car that has considerably less power than either of those.

less power excuse does not go a far when you start at 50k before options. They chose to price them selves into this market now they got to live in it no matter the pr excuses they make.

Its just a bmw jokes aside, any car needs a good 400hp to play in this segment.

less power excuse does not go a far when you start at 50k before options.
What excuse? All I said is that those are pretty comparable times for a car with considerably less power. With that said, I'm just a bit confused why you focus on the power available, rather than the extremely comparable on-paper data we have.

They chose to price them selves into this market now they got to live in it no matter the pr excuses they make.
Yeah, they're just screwed in that market range, aren't they? What ever are they going to do with all those purchases they already have :(

Its just bmw jokes aside, any car needs a good 400hp to play in this segment.
Looks like its playing pretty well without having 400hp.

Corvette C7 = 460hp
Nissan GT-R = 565hp

Unless you want to compare the Nismo vs the Z06, then the GT-R is down 50hp but at those power numbers that's not much.

No the Power Numbers are not that far for each other with z06 vs nismo. But the nismo won't be as reliable over the years. It has Much more boost pressure lv psi. And that would make the Engine wear more quickly. Its not hard to make a lot of Power, the issue is to make it last. And Corvette does a good job there. A arger Engine
Can take that Power and still be reliable. But a smaller V6 will have more issues along the way

And to be clear the standard c7 is na. The gtr is not.
So of course it makes more Power, you don't need to be a rocket science to understand that

Ande3200
So of course it makes more Power, you don't need to be a rocket science to understand that
Am I reading this logic right? Because the GTR is boosted, it automatically makes more power?

Man, wonder what silly excuses were being made from its debut to 2011 when it had a boosted 485bhp and the competing Z06 had a 505hp NA V8....

Your reliability claims are still false as well. Yes, the Corvette is stupid reliable. But, so is the GTR when guys are running 1,000-2,000hp across the board in multiple cars at TX2K and abroad.

Is it, though

I dunno, it seems to be running pretty well for what it is packing under the hood.

Everything is better with a 100hp more. :scared:

No the Power Numbers are not that far for each other with z06 vs nismo. But the nismo won't be as reliable over the years. It has Much more boost pressure lv psi. And that would make the Engine wear more quickly. Its not hard to make a lot of Power, the issue is to make it last. And Corvette does a good job there. A arger Engine
Can take that Power and still be reliable. But a smaller V6 will have more issues along the way

Bud you're comparing two great engines with way different philosophies of design. The VR38 is as proven a engine as you can hope for these days.

Yes a boosted engine that lets not forget is down two cylinders and 2.4 liters of displacement lol, more power is NOT a given.

less power excuse does not go a far when you start at 50k before options. They chose to price them selves into this market now they got to live in it no matter the pr excuses they make.

Its just a bmw jokes aside, any car needs a good 400hp to play in this segment.

Cayman Starts at $55k and has 300hp.
Cayman S starts at $68k and has 350hp.

Supra starts at $49K and has 335hp

Seems on target to me.

Am I reading this logic right? Because the GTR is boosted, it automatically makes more power?

Man, wonder what silly excuses were being made from its debut to 2011 when it had a boosted 485bhp and the competing Z06 had a 505hp NA V8....

Your reliability claims are still false as well. Yes, the Corvette is stupid reliable. But, so is the GTR when guys are running 1,000-2,000hp across the board in multiple cars at TX2K and abroad.

Corvette c6 z06 had Also a larger Engine than the Corvette c7 has so its not strange. Its a 7 liter ls7. Vs a Only 6,2 liter in the new c7 gen. Its a lot easier to make more Power in a turbo/supercharge Engine than a na Engine

I think the issue in the gtr is not Engine, i have heard the gearbox has a lot of issues

Latest Posts

Back