The Next Gen Wheel support movement (A discussion+Petition in First Post)

Here's how I, a non-wheel owner, sees things. Eventually existing wheels will get licensed for the PS4, that much is true already, but the question remains is how many games will end up dropping support for certain kinds of wheels before the process is complete, and will have to pull a GT5 job of patching in support to get those wheels in. The answer is not as many as you might think. We have Driveclub coming in October, with Project CARS sometime soon after. The process would have to be rather quick, maybe six weeks at the most, to get those drivers developed and PS4 licensed.

The point is that if the wheel companies wanted to, the drivers would be made available in about six weeks and ready for Driveclub, so there isn't need to worry right now for PS3/PS4 wheels.

Logitech still sell G27, they should add support for PS4 because they increase their customer base, simple as that.

Ok... I bought mine one month ago and it has a date of december 2013... thats why I asked... in hope that you where wrong and that would still support them on the PS4.

They made lot of wheels for PlayStation (aka console peripherals), but G27 is more of PC peripheral and I can buy it right now http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g27-racing-wheel , G27 is one of better wheels on the market, so it would be stupid to stop making them when their manufacturing is well established.

Stopped making and stopped selling are two different things, from what I know Logitech stopped making new wheels since the start of the year.

Stopped making and stopped selling are two different things, from what I know Logitech stopped making new wheels since the start of the year.

Sure they are, I just don't see much reasons to believe that is the case of G27, maybe you have better informations.

I doubt they stopped making them, what is point of changing packaging of DFGT and G27 box if they are stopped making them already.

Anyway I hope this turns out to be true: Link

I personally want a new wheel to come out that is compact in size like G27, is belt driven and has got good cooling so it has consistent feedback. Hopefully Logitech will make a top of the line wheel available for release soon. It will be quite awesome also if force feedback pedals are made too.

I doubt they stopped making them, what is point of changing packaging of DFGT and G27 box if they are stopped making them already.

Anyway I hope this turns out to be true: Link

I personally want a new wheel to come out that is compact in size like G27, is belt driven and has got good cooling so it has consistent feedback. Hopefully Logitech will make a top of the line wheel available for release soon. It will be quite awesome also if force feedback pedals are made too.

Take whatever he says with a pinch of salt.

A link which has nothing whatsoever to do with PC wheels at all. It only confirms that they pulled out of making console wheels. The G27 is a PC wheel.

Again I'm not sure, from what I understood back then is that they will stop making wheels.

Here's a small update on the situation. I wrote a question regarding the compatibility of the Thurstmaster T500 on the PS4 on their official Facebook page, and got this answer.

"Regarding upward compatibility of the “T500 RS – PS3” racing wheel with PS4 racing games:
This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game.
In the event of upward compatibility with PS4 racing games, the T500 RS – PS3 racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4 racing games."

So basically. The T500 works with games (and only games) on the PS4 that have been designed to work with the T500.

Here's a small update on the situation. I wrote a question regarding the compatibility of the Thurstmaster T500 on the PS4 on their official Facebook page, and got this answer.

"Regarding upward compatibility of the “T500 RS – PS3” racing wheel with PS4 racing games:
This decision is upon each game developer and will therefore vary from racing game to racing game.
In the event of upward compatibility with PS4 racing games, the T500 RS – PS3 racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4 racing games."

So basically. The T500 works with games (and only games) on the PS4 that have been designed to work with the T500.

Yep, also Driveclub and I think CARS support it.Still a very expensive piece of kit.

Yep, also Driveclub and I think CARS support it.Still a very expensive piece of kit.

I can tell you from personal experience, that it's worth the money ;)

Although, nothing beats the value for money that the Logitech G27 offers.

Last edited:
I can tell you from personal experience, that's it worth the money ;)

Although, nothing beats the value for money that the Logitech G27 offers.

I have no doubt it is, I'd love to buy it but I'd have to sell my leg here. I like my leg.

Sorry for the bump but as you might have heard it seems aside from Thrustmaster wheels Project CARS on PS4 won't support other wheels, I've pretty much given up on this unless customer pressure increases.

I've found this petition to SONY for them to add Logitech wheel support to PS4, I am really hoping something will change their mind since it only seems like Thrustmaster's wheels are the only ones they appear to be willing to support thus far, so I've just been trying to do my part by getting as many people who are as concerned with this issue as I am to sign this petition.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...pt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Sorry for the bump but as you might have heard it seems aside from Thrustmaster wheels Project CARS on PS4 won't support other wheels, I've pretty much given up on this unless customer pressure increases.

Controller FTW. No seriously this is a bad move I'm still shocked I won't be playing it with a wheel

I've found this petition to SONY for them to add Logitech wheel support to PS4, I am really hoping something will change their mind since it only seems like Thrustmaster's wheels are the only ones they appear to be willing to support thus far, so I've just been trying to do my part by getting as many people who are as concerned with this issue as I am to sign this petition.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...pt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Added to first post 👍
Controller FTW. No seriously this is a bad move I'm still shocked I won't be playing it with a wheel

Big letdown :(

So Thrustmaster have the T300 coming out but price is reported to be like a T500 but this doesn't seem right. it looks like it should be the Xbox One equivalent to the TX wheel which is much cheaper although the TX may have had a price cut or two. Anyway, perhaps the T300 will be more in line with the TX soon so people can afford it.

TX and G27 are very close in price and the t300 is surely designed to be at the level after the initial launch.

They have not ruled out other wheels being still supported so there is hope there.

The T300RS hopefully is priced lower than the TX wheel when it hits retail, seems like the way to go at the moment for that full support on PS4. I will wait it out though and see what comes of the T500RS and if it will be replaced and also what competition brings. Maybe there might be a new GT wheel come out too closer to full announcement of GT7.

So Thrustmaster have the T300 coming out but price is reported to be like a T500 but this doesn't seem right. it looks like it should be the Xbox One equivalent to the TX wheel which is much cheaper although the TX may have had a price cut or two. Anyway, perhaps the T300 will be more in line with the TX soon so people can afford it.

TX and G27 are very close in price and the t300 is surely designed to be at the level after the initial launch.

doesn't it have only 2 pedals and no H shifter?

doesn't it have only 2 pedals and no H shifter?

Yes. There's a optional 3 pedal set and third party adapters to use G27 pedals. Not sure about shifter adapters.

What game will use clutch pedal on PS4? I doubt GT7 is going to support clutch for Logitech wheels if Logitech do get drivers up, so you probably miss out staying with G27 anyway. Maybe pcars but its just one game that you might not even like it.

We were rather lucky GT5p/GT5 supported clutch on G25/7.

Yes. There's a optional 3 pedal set and third party adapters to use G27 pedals. Not sure about shifter adapters.

What game will use clutch pedal on PS4? I doubt GT7 is going to support clutch for Logitech wheels if Logitech do get drivers up, so you probably miss out staying with G27 anyway. Maybe pcars but its just one game that you might not even like it.

We were rather lucky GT5p/GT5 supported clutch on G25/7.

You have a point, but it's still a downgrade from my G27 feature wise, it's a big chance for Thrustamster to release a G27 esque wheel with great price, doubt they can afford too though.

It would already be a step in the right direction if they'd offer a T300 package with the T3PA pedals instead of the standard 2 pedal set. Now they basically force you to buy stuff you don't want.

Back