The next tuner challenge..

• Thread starter Leonidae
  • 1,235 comments
Good luck on your business venture with MKT Precision :)

I'm liking the countries idea. Although some countries have literally 1 or 2 cars (Spain has the Seat Ibiza, Holland has the Spyker, Sweden has 2 Volvo's). That would mean a whole load of cars to tune and test though. :lol:

TCv4 will become WWIII! :lol:

We have high hopes for the this new found alliance, it should provide a number of postives for both of us.

Those countries with just a few cars (Australia uncluded :guilty: ) would simply not be in there for that reason. The competition would have to be based on handling again, and separate to the Spot Race idea.

We have high hopes for the this new found alliance, it should provide a number of postives for both of us.

Those countries with just a few cars (Australia uncluded :guilty: ) would simply not be in there for that reason. The competition would have to be based on handling again, and separate to the Spot Race idea.

Maybe if we based it on continents? Asia vs America vs Europe vs...? Australia could enter that way. :P

Yea that would kinda limit the selection of vehicles, but obviously I would have to go with European. Im pretty sure Asia would have the most reprensentives though.

nd 4: I just raised the flag :cheers:

Yea that would kinda limit the selection of vehicles, but obviously I would have to go with European. Im pretty sure Asia would have the most reprensentives though.

nd 4: I just raised the flag :cheers:

Cool, I haven't got Aussie Tuners yet I don't think. I'm contemplating asking another mod, and if that doesn't work just starting a new thread and quoting the first post of the original garage, removing quotation marks, and be on my merry way. The links would still work.
Don't be so sure about Asia being the best represented, I would enter either Aussie or American cars.

Maybe if we based it on continents? Asia vs America vs Europe vs...? Australia could enter that way. :P

Australia will take 1st :P

pfft.. it'll end up being Finland Vs the world as usual.. :P

...............And in a shocking upset, the Finns lose to some bloke in thongs (a type of shoe you sicko's) a singlet and a Holden cap. I think he's Australian, whatever that means.

I'd probably be with the Frenchies and the Germans.

I would rather see TCv4 categorized by a type of power class though.

O'yea the british too.

...............And in a shocking upset, the Finns lose to some bloke in thongs (a type of shoe you sicko's) a singlet and a Holden cap. I think he's Australian, whatever that means.

BOGAN! BLOODY BOGAN!

The FPV GT is the dog's bollox mate, you and your Holdens will be left "holden" the GT keychain.

BOGAN! BLOODY BOGAN!

The FPV GT is the dog's bollox mate, you and your Holdens will be left "holden" the GT keychain.

Crack + RJ = Smoke. :P

The F6 is a better package allround. :lol: But the GT has nearly no chance against a sorted SS. ;)

As for the Elise Roj, I have 2 words for what a Commodore would do to it.

Speed Bump. :D

Leo - It's only Finland vs World when it comes to Nokia's. :P

Holdenboy, congrats on merging with MKT. Vice versa to you Soprano. :) Sorry to see dimplz pull out but these things happen.

Because this thread gets a lot of traffic from all the tuners I have an announcement to make:
Aussie Tuners have recently entered business ventures with MKT Precision, meaning we will be working together in the future. This came about after dimplz announced he would barely ever be on from now on, and Soprano 3 1 3 mentioned needing a little help from another tuner to run things in his own garage.

Also, I had an idea, what if we made the next TC about countries 💡 Have one American division, one Japanese division, one UK division, a German one, and an Italian one.

I like it!

I call the FPV V6 thing.

That's right, it's a I6. :cool:

Roj, it will not only keep up with the Elise, it will be like a monster truck getting at a Reliable Robin. ;)

That's right, it's a I6. :cool:

Roj, it will not only keep up with the Elise, it will be like a monster truck getting at a Reliable Robin. ;)

No it'll be a boat trying to catch a housefly. :P

Besides, if you want to play with monsters, I'm sure I have a Jaguar XJ220 somewhere. :sly:

If it could keep up with the Elise to begin with. :sly:

There is no FPV V6 :P

Ok fine I6. Straight Six. Way less cool than a V6.

Or maybe I'll take a Prius, tune it up, and run a 3 hour enduro and see what kinda mileage I can get!

V6 is smaller, and actually fits in the engine bay of a NSX. ;)

Got weight, fatty? :P

All that goes in S1 of weight reduction fool!! :P

Or is that the basis of our challenge?? We'll call it breakfast time......fatty eats a poptart!! :P

Its still over 1200kg on stage 3, fatty. :rolleyes:

Poptarts for breakfast? No wonder your fat, fatty. :P

Its still over 1200kg on stage 3, fatty. :rolleyes:

Poptarts for breakfast? No wonder your fat, fatty. :P

You DO realise I'm not talking about the Supra RZ. I said fat not OBESE!! :lol:

*sits and waits for roj to realise what's going on*

You DO realise I'm not talking about the Supra RZ. I said fat not OBESE!! :lol:

*sits and waits for roj to realise what's going on*

You said "TT I6 Supra". Thats either the RZ or the older TT-R.

Yeah, TT-R............

*looks at specs of personal one and puts :dunce: hat on*

Carry on..........I'll be in that corner there next to the grumpy face icon. :dopey:

🤬 1262, dammit.

Yeah, TT-R............

*looks at specs of personal one and puts :dunce: hat on*

Carry on..........I'll be in that corner there next to the grumpy face icon. :dopey:

🤬 1262, dammit.

Haha. Nice one Mafs. :dopey:👍

1262kg, hmm, 8kg lighter than a stock NSX-R I think. A great start. :dunce:

Haha. Nice one Mafs. :dopey:👍

1262kg, hmm, 8kg lighter than a stock NSX-R I think. A great start. :dunce:

But what's a good start without the pure beauty and finishability of the NSX?

EDIT: Dang, I think I killed the argument

My XJ is a V6, weight is about at 1300kg and it still dominates. I mean keeping up with P1 cars, not driving in a straight line. :rolleyes:

Driving really fast in a straight line is not impressive.

Driving really fast in a straight line is not impressive.

Excuse me?? :odd:

I think the ability of the drag racers to constantly raise the bar in 1/4 mile & 1000m performance even 3yrs after GT4 was released is something to be admired.

I remember when I took over the 1/4 mile thread, there wasn't a 4WD apart from the Spec-C in the 7's, now there's a few. The best for a FF was an 11.8 back then, and now the cutoff is an 11.7. :eek: And with the increase of people wanting to race pro-stock style (no nitrous), there's new areas for people to explore on that front. :)

Same with the 1000m thread, there wasn't a road car anywhere near the 14's......now we've got over 1/2 dozen in the sub-15 category and 2 in the 13's.

And I don't think the 300mph people would like it either, they spend ages tuning their cars to go fast in a straightline. ;)

It might not be all camber & toe angle, but it's as hard to get a proper setup in GT4 for the goal you are attaining, regardless of what it is. :cool:

Roj, the Lotus would have to get away on the main straight first, and the Holden will own it top speed before the first corner. Fly swatted.:P

What I need is an SV6 VE with a turbo option :D

Back