The Nordschleife 30BHP Challenge

• Thread starter RenesisEvo
  • 78 comments
RenesisEvo
Merc-Benz Motor Carriage 1889: have not gone one yet, and I'm not paying 200,000Cr. for a >1hp 'car' (trade from friend's memory card).

Go win it from the Classic Car Championship in Pro Races. I used a supercharged Mercury Cougar to win it.

Falango
Go win it from the Classic Car Championship in Pro Races. I used a supercharged Mercury Cougar to win it.

I have it now...

more importantly - I got a Fiat 500L from the dealer this morning! I can finally add it to the database. It shall be going for a trip around the 'Ring very soon.

Interesting, i would never have the patients to buy one of those low hoursepowers veicles and go all the way around 'ring in it, but you never know one day i might try it.
Whats the best car to use for it?

A Fiat 500 - absolutely a Fiat 500. Stick some ungrippy tyres on and you will be suprised how much fun you have around the second half of the track. Just have your favourite song ready on the stereo when you get to the back straight.

Reminds me - I've still not done that lap!! Time to amend things...

the 1880s cars dont even have enough power to start nurburgring and get up the hills

i tried it

Finally - I have added the time for a Fiat 500L '69 around the 'Ring.

At 15min 41.644, it slots in between the F and the R, as one would expect with progress; since the L is 10kg heavier than the car that went before, it would have otherwise been slower. It was still almightly fun with the sideways-ness on the run from the Karussell!

And that completes all the mainstream 30bhp cars. I really don't have time at the moment for the 1880's Wagen/Carriage, and I still don't have a Model T...

Ford Model T - 15'16.699

1 lap - 20bhp - N3 not available. Standard Economy (N1) are all that was available.

That seems like an almighty quick time!! But I have nothing to reference it with, so I shall include it - thank you for that. I assume you used no aids, and manual??

Lol I dont think aids matter, it isn't likely to do a burn (I hope not at least:scared: )out anyway so aids are not really needed IMO;):lol:

RenesisEvo
That seems like an almighty quick time!! But I have nothing to reference it with, so I shall include it - thank you for that. I assume you used no aids, and manual??
Yep. No aids and manual. It wasn't a perfect lap either. There's more time to knock off if I tried again.

And I've been complaining about being bored with GT4.
Though not bored enough to try this with the <30BHP cars.
I may get after this with the 63 BHP cars like the Cap'cino and the AZ-1 Mazda.

I think it's just great to read your comments about the cars, great humor!!
And well......Look in my topic, I test all the cars on the Ring (200+hp), you do it with the other side of cars.....30hp or less! You're crazy! but love it!
Keep up the insane work.

Daddybird
I think it's just great to read your comments about the cars, great humor!!
And well......Look in my topic, I test all the cars on the Ring (200+hp), you do it with the other side of cars.....30hp or less! You're crazy! but love it!
Keep up the insane work.

Wow thanks, someone had to do it though! And as I originaly said, it was so I could learn the track! Which is has done - I set my fastest time yet at 5min20 in a turbo'ed Pescarolo on R5s. Not the quickest ever set, but far quicker than any of my friends have gone: that's what counts!

I shall add the Model T lap, thanks - I may raid the Carriage forum for lap times until I have time to do my own. I need more practise first - I cant touch those guys for 1bhp speed.

RenesisEvo
Wow thanks, someone had to do it though! And as I originaly said, it was so I could learn the track! Which is has done - I set my fastest time yet at 5min20 in a turbo'ed Pescarolo on R5s. Not the quickest ever set, but far quicker than any of my friends have gone: that's what counts!

I shall add the Model T lap, thanks - I may raid the Carriage forum for lap times until I have time to do my own. I need more practise first - I cant touch those guys for 1bhp speed.

Well my best lap times on the Nur are only on N2 tires, I'm a realsim freak.
Check out my topic in this forum where I test all the cars on the Ring and in accelleration and top speed.:)

I've run a few in the 60-80 HP range and found a fairly consistent 10:20 to 10:30 lap time.
It's also a lot more fun, as you only hit speeds of about 95-106 MPH.
Thanks for turning me on to it!👍

MustangRacer
Are you saying there are actually people that use the X button for gas!?!?

I thought everyone used the dual analog to do steering and gas/brake!

Sorry, but i can't figure HOW people can use those unergonomic analog levers.
With ONE finger (my thumb) I control X, O and /\.

I save my hand resources this way to do other things properly.

Back