The OEM Wheels on the "wrong" car thread (Read OP)

aa2cfc0626fcd0396fbb3630a7229772.jpg

I don't think base C6 wheels look good on anything, honestly. C5 had this wide variety of interesting and pretty wheels (even the Wagon Wheels I've seen work, albeit not on C5s) that at any given time were available and frequently optioned and then for most of its life the C6 came with multiple flavors of Chip Foose specials unless you got a widebody.

In theory the C6 base could come with OZ-ish wheels towards the end:

1688534547148.png

But I've never seen even a picture of them equipped on anything.

Last edited:
I don't think base C6 wheels look good on anything, honestly. C5 had this wide variety of interesting and pretty wheels (even the Wagon Wheels I've seen work, albeit not on C5s) and then for most of its life the C6 came with multiple flavors of Chip Foose specials unless you got a widebody.

I theory the C6 base could come with OZ-ish wheels towards the end:

View attachment 1270703

But I've never seen even a picture of them equipped on anything.
That's because they're even more terrible, they look like they belong on an STS or something.
maxresdefault.jpg

GM's obsession of having chrome wheels on every C6 bar the Z06 Centennial edition was just... baffling. In fact, I'd say there hasn't been a good looking Corvette OEM wheel since the C5 Z06, as seen here on a GTO/Monaro to fit the theme of the thread (along with what look like Impala SS wheels at the front, weirdly enough).
1.jpg

Last edited:
That's because they're even more terrible, they look like they belong on an STS or something.
maxresdefault.jpg
Yeah those are... Not how I expected them to look from that thumbnail.

GM's obsession of having chrome wheels on every C6 bar the Z06 Centennial edition was just... baffling. In fact, I'd say there hasn't been a good looking Corvette OEM wheel since the C5 Z06, as seen here on a GTO/Monaro to fit the theme of the thread (along with what look like Impala SS wheels at the front, weirdly enough).
1.jpg
10/10 would spend $1700 again

A couple of AWD Astros, one on Impala SS wheels and the other on those from a Tacoma.

20220519_131056-jpg.284526
img_1066-jpg.282302

A friendly reminder that these could be equipped as either 5-lug (5") or 6-lug (5.5") depending on year.
Okay so a couple more Astros, again in 5- and 6-lug configuration. First 16" from a Tahoe Limited and then 17" from a later GMC Yukon. I think the Yukon wheels look a real treat on the van.

p1070105-jpg.13807

van-jpg.181745

1.jpg
Disagree - the later C6 Z06s came with some pretty nice BBS looking wheels that were not chrome. The post-Great Recession C6 Zs seem to be incredibly rare, but they evolved into much better looking cars IMO

11.jpg

Last edited:
The C6 ZR-1 with hood window and chrome wheels was one of the more tasteless offerings GM has done in recent years.
IMO the Z06 Carbon managed to pull off the power bulge since it did away with the tacky plexiglass.
2011-chevrolet-corvette-z06-carbon-edition.jpeg.jpg
2011-chevrolet-corvette-z06-carbon-limited-edition-photo-334549-s-original.jpg

Never cared for the C6 ZR1 meshes in any guise personally (Cup and Spyder designs were by far the better looking wheels); they're too flat and there's zero white space in the spokes. C7 Z06 shoes are a big improvement though:
28005784xv.png

The C6 ZR-1 with hood window and chrome wheels was one of the more tasteless offerings GM has done in recent years.
I mean, at least if the hood window showcased something nice to look at, like the rear window on the F40 for instance then maybe I could give it a pass, but the top of the LS9 intercooler looks like a griddle.

I mean, at least if the hood window showcased something nice to look at, like the rear window on the F40 for instance then maybe I could give it a pass, but the top of the LS9 intercooler looks like a griddle.
A griddle actually seems appropriate.

What I am noticing is that many ingroup wheels fit very good all around. For example this Tipo looks very good with AR33 wheels, and they belong(ed) to FCA both. But I can't imagine it wearing Peugeot or BMW rims for example at all.

Holy crap. 80-series Land Cruiser. Isuzu Snowflakes!

183739_4418993034962_350129350_n-jpg.10073

They're the 16" variety which means they're the appropriate offset for the 80 but they're a skosh skinny at 7.5" (half an inch less than the standard FZJ80 16-incher).

Hummer H2 wheels on a Jeep J20.

d6b019706beacaf882567e2a14820ad3.jpg

Hard to say at this angle and with the low resolution but they look closer to 33s than the standard H2 tires.

Man, a J-truck is definitely on my short list.

Last edited:
Back