The Official Glitch/Bugs Thread

• Thread starter 87chevy
  • 237 comments
Well it's infinitely making the shifting sound. Over. And over. And over. . .and over. And no, it doesn't get any faster. It just keeps making the sounds of it accelerating.

Has anyone figured out any ways to induce a glitch with some sort of consistency between other games? Err, with everyone else's versions of SA?

I've got another one:

After getting all gold in Bike school, the FCR-900 was replaced by an NRG-500— not added on to the parking lot/added to the "stash".

After getting all gold in Pilot's school/training, my Leviathan was replaced by the hunter— but not in the same spot. Why wouldn't they just add it to the runway?

Another glitch: I've looked all over my room and can't find my San Andreas disc. Any ideas where it might be or place where they're hidden around the city would be very valuable.

[edit]

I even tore off my bedsheets to look for it.

-Okay, that sounds just like what some cars do on speed limited roads normally. I'll see if I have the same glitch.
-No, consistancy is probably one of the hardest parts of bug testing. The best bet is to just get the circumstances as close as possible.
-The FCR and NRG spawn alternatly. Mostly the NRG though.
-I thought they spawned in different locations, but I guess it's the same as the bike school. If you take the Leviathan and fly to the end of the runway and back there should be a Hunter waiting for you.
-It may be in one of your other game boxes. Or your sister, who I may or may not be making up, took it.
-I think that last sentence wasn't meant to referr to the thing about your disc being missing. I don't know what you're looking for then, there are maps here

Emohawk
-Okay, that sounds just like what some cars do on speed limited roads normally. I'll see if I have the same glitch.
-No, consistancy is probably one of the hardest parts of bug testing. The best bet is to just get the circumstances as close as possible.
-The FCR and NRG spawn alternatly. Mostly the NRG though.
-I thought they spawned in different locations, but I guess it's the same as the bike school. If you take the Leviathan and fly to the end of the runway and back there should be a Hunter waiting for you.
-It may be in one of your other game boxes. Or your sister, who I may or may not be making up, took it.
-I think that last sentence wasn't meant to referr to the thing about your disc being missing. I don't know what you're looking for then, there are maps here

Um, I found it. It wasn't in toronto or vancouver or anything. Turns out my mom put it on the top shelf of my desk, put a piece of paper overtop of it, and laid a staple gun on top of that. So i found. And I have the strategy guide for all the maps, so no need, but thanks.

Oh, and I found another glitch:

When driving really fast to the garage/gas station you own in SF, you can out-drive the graphics/landscape generator, and drive onto/through the area where the pumps are. After about a second or 2, my ar got stuck like 3 feet in the air.

And has anyone noticed flying cabs, or cabs that suddenly get shot up into the air 1000 or so feet at like 10 zillion mph?....then come back down like a minute later? I get so many cab glitches. Or when a cab is driving along and the land altitude changes but the cab just keeps going strait, and ends up driving 10 feet in the air, but along the road? I've seen a train of like 5 or 6 cabs doing this it was sweet.

[edit]

My sister died after her car was rear ended in an icy pileup.

But I may or may not have made her up.

Nope, no flying cabs.

-I just got the invincible PCJ from the mission 'OG Loc'. Untill I garaged it and saved, the rear tire would leave tread marks as long as it was on the ground. Accelerating, braking, coasing, any speed, it was all just one big long black line.
edit: It does this during the mission, too. I guess it's supposed to make it easier for you to follow. Not a glitch then.
Its wierd that some special vehicle attributes (bulletproof, fireproof, etc) are saveable and some aren't (the constant rubber track, or the PCJ-handling Angel from Vice City).

Ok, this one is really annoying: all the gyms, no matter what time of day or how many times I've saved, say I've worked out enough for today. Wth? How can I fix this?

Jimmy Enslashay
You have the well-known Gym Glitch. It's common for San Andreas. There are a few things you can do.

1. If you have a separate memory card, if you transfer your save-game across to the second memory card, it will almost definitely fix the glitch.

2. Change move-sets. If you have the Street Fighting move-set (Las Venturas), switch to one of the other two learnt at each gym when you fight the trainers. Same thing applies if you have the Boxing move-set (Los Santos) or Kung-Fu move-set (San Fierro).

3. Change memory card slots.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1677063

Aren't there still two memory card slots? (per controller?)
If that doesn't work, you'll just have to run/pedal/swim around untill you do.

Try saving on a different slot, then loading the slot you just saved in, I've seen it work for Jimmy (it hasn't worked for me though).

Blake

PS
Ok, this one is really annoying: all the gyms, no matter what time of day or how many times I've saved, say I've worked out enough for today. Wth? How can I fix this?

:idea:I just thought of something. How fat is your CJ? On one of my PS2 saves I had a CJ that was 100% muscle & about 85% fat, and he wasn`t allowed to work out. 👎 Back then I assumed it was because he was too fat. So he didn`t eat `till he`d burned off some tonnage, & then he was able to work out again. 👍

PS
You're aware that x-box has a hardrive, right?
Yeah, but when you walk into a save tape don't you get like 8 slots where you can save the game, so you can theoretically have 8 different games saves?

Blake

Blake
Yeah, but when you walk into a save tape don't you get like 8 slots where you can save the game, so you can theoretically have 8 different games saves?

Blake

Oh, THOSE slots.

...thanks. 👍

This is in regards to Vice city, did anyone encounter that one section in downtown behind some buildings where you could get bikes and cars into this like wall that you could go through. And it would send you into like the "blue hell" it was blue i think.

GrandpaLonghair
It`s not just you. I stopped there to eat in the middle of the night a few times but couldn`t get in. I think it closes at a certain time. :confused:
I tought it was a bug that I coudnt get in either. Well, what the hell, I'll just go somewhere else to eat next time :sly:

OK, so this time I was in a bike around the Cluck n' bell in Tierra robada. Suddenly a truck lands on me. So I look back, nothing there, maybe an acident I tought but...no. I was like WTF???? Did something similar happened to you?

This happen to me a few times on my cousin's game, I'll be flying in a plane, jump out with my parachute. When I press circle to pull the chute, CJ pulls the string, but no parchute!!! He just stays in the same position and since he's wearing the parchute It didn't help to hold square. It's also funny how I landed on top of a police car waiting for me on the ground since I had 4 stars. I thought I had 6 but it was a police car so I'm not sure.

I discovered that if you jack a plane from either the L.V. or S.F. airport, fly to Grove Street and bail out, then peds that spawn at the airport ya were just at now walk around in CJ`s `hood for a bit. Don`t know if that`s considered a bug or glitch, though. :indiff:

That happens wherever you go, for example if you're down at the beach near Grove Street, then drive quickly back to Grove Street you'll see that a few beach people spawned, it's happenned on every GTA game.

Blake

Blake: That sort of thing happens whenever you do some kind of very rapid transit. Even loading a game can have that effect.
I've got a few pictures of a SFPD car and a LVPD car lined up at a stoplight in prickle pine. I suspect they spawned in that way because I had just loaded that game, coming from San Fiero.
Also, if you come into Los Santos through the Vinewood Hills in a high speed police chase, plolice ranchers will still spawn in to chase you untill you get a few blocks into the city.
GrandpaLonghair
It`s not just you. I stopped there to eat in the middle of the night a few times but couldn`t get in. I think it closes at a certain time. :confused:
This is probably true. I stopped by there at around 1600 just now and it was open. The last time I went there it was pretty late at night.
Would that make this the only building in the game that opens and closes?

*bump*
There's a place south of the Garver bridge (LV side) along the water where the ground texure isn't attached to the ground.
It's kind of hard to explain, when you stand on the ground there, the texture which is supposed to be under you, is actually over your head and you can look at the underside of the surrounding terrain. Kinda like being in the grey hell, only not falling.
If you want to find it, just wander around the area south of the Garver bridge offramp. The 'seperated' rock texture will look a little streached out compared to the surrounding area.

*bump*
I found another occurrence of the same glitch on Chiliad.
th_be8_gargravar.jpg

Around the blue dot there, the road forks off. From there, the red line roughly follows a wide, banked, dirt route, which continues to do some complicated meandering down the mountain.
The red line ends on top of a cliff where a hairpin turns back east. You can either take that hairpin and the next one, or just drop straight off, because the glitch is right below you at this point.
The texture is seperated from the ground a little on the slope up between the dirt road and the vertical cliff, but theres also some room between the texture and the vertical cliff itself.
Just post if you need any help finding this or the last one. (I know thos one is a lot more elaborate.)

Near the bike school, just near the bikes, their is a 'sink' spot, if you get the right spot its big enough for a tyre of a car to sink into it. I think i have a pic on my memory card of it. Its nothing to rave about though :S.

Is it completely solid if you walk or drive a bike over it?
There's another one of those in the alley by ZeroRC, right on the other side of the wall from the desert eagle.
Did I post that one already?
How about... The canopy on the Hunter is so transperant (when it's open) that you can see through any non-ground object behind it. CJ, cars, trees, fog/dust, the Hunter itself, all invisible.
The scraps of chain link fences left when you break them do this too.

Latest Posts

Back