The Official GT5 Time Attack Race Challenge Thread Here !

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 112 comments
United States
U.S.A.
General Rules (You'll Get The Idea... So Please Don't Ruin It For Others)

1) First and foremost... A given... Honor system (like golf), no cheating which would just ruin the time attack race challenges.

2) Everyone gets a voice on any race selection or any suggestions that might help our group.

3) All races should be with "premium cars that are in your garage" running in arcade mode time trial only, but with any of your favorites allowed.

4) Absolutely no hybrids of any kind (exception for a color change...example might be like making the Ferrari 330 P4 Black or the Mine's Midnight Purple etc etc etc)

5) Standard wash, oil changes, mod upgrades, tunes, and tires are allowed that are actually available in the normal regular GT5 tune shop only, no special parts like super soft tires or whatever, unless a race is otherwise noted such running a pure stock race. All should be outlined prior to race start.

NEWLY ADDED:
Also, races can be pure stock, but any requirements such as this must be listed before the race begins as a requirement.

6) No Editor type modifications ! Especially multi settings being used for HP, Grip, Down Force, Weight, and the like... And yes, I'm no stranger to this, so please don't use !!! (However, any paint color modifications are ok).

7) One lap runs to keep it brief... Video proof is preferred, but not mandatory. However, I keep a video of my run for proof and can post it if need be. Quality of a video is not important, but solid proof photos of your time attack run are of course mandatory.

8) Once your race is actually posted it can’t be changed and that posted time run will be official and closed, only one posted race per entrant.

9) Only “one” thread (this being the official one) will be used for all the continuing races. No need for multiple threads for each race.

10) No stupid wall runs or shortcut ugly type stuff... if your car was real and off course it would be so damaged it would be out of the race, hence keep it real.

11) Points for each race will be assigned to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes and also be accumulated at the end of each race as to create seasonal totals and get posted at the end of each race...
1st place-10 points
2nd place- 8 points
3rd place- 5 points
All Other Finishes And Previous Racer Bonus - 3 points (No Double Points)
(Points Awarded Subject To Change At Individual Race Announcements)

12) Same model and year car for each race for everyone to be used to avoid complications, in which it becomes a driver to driver race versus car to car.

13) Newly Added Rule:
Any racer can file an official protest for what they believe to be a violation of any race rules. If it is found by the majority of racers that entered the race, or by other substantial private information that a protest was valid and after investigating the race results, then that entrants time will be disqualified from the race. More than one violation of this type will be grounds for automatic permanent disqualification from any race.

Most important is not how you placed but how much fun you had doing it. :D

First Official Time Attack Race Starts Tomorrow Sunday July 1st and Ends Saturday July 7th. Watch Future Post For Race Announcement...

Last edited:
First Race Announcement...

Car: Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06
Circuit/Track: Tsukuba One Lap Best Time Posted Arcade Time Trial Mode
Car Restrictions: Any Regular Tune Shop Mods, Tires, And Tunes Allowed
Rules: All Other Rules Apply

Here's is my race submission time... 52.714

Race 1 A.JPG
Race 1 B.JPG

Last edited:
My best time (event 1): 0:52.889 after 9 laps

Couldn't get a video up (sorry)

Attachments

• 20180630_185521.jpg
    20180630_185521.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180630_185454.jpg
    20180630_185454.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 14
Shphrd... Don’t let jontikis fool ya... everyone knows Melinium Jade colored GT-R cars are much faster. Next time I’ll paint mine a Midnight Purple and shave off another 2 seconds for a win... :lol:

CURRENT POINTS STANDINGS: It's not to late to join us !
Jjontikis = 10
2_Fast_4_U = 8
ShphrdOfFire= 5

Shphrd-As Promised you get to announce the next race tomorrow... so we'll be watching...

SECOND RACE ANNOUNCEMENT (July 8 - July 14)

Car: Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 (The red first gen one)
Circuit/Track: Suzuka Circuit East Course | One Lap Best Time Posted | Arcade Time Trial Mode
Car Restrictions: Any Regular Tune Shop Mods, Soft Sports tires or lower, And Tunes Allowed
Rules: All Other Rules Apply

Good luck to all racers.

0:58.292

As I didn't want to ruin the car's sound by putting a racing exhaust, I used a sports one, as well as a sports flywheel.
Also, I decided to stay with the hard compound of sports tyres, because the softs felt so grippy for my preferred driving approach to this car. Fixed transmission, sports kit for the suspension and here we go!

20180708_130826_HDR.jpg
20180708_130925_HDR.jpg

I had to run this a number of times with various tunes... never spent much time at the east and actually had it up high on two wheels only many a time coming very close to flipping it. Ran the Super Charger instead cause didn't want turbo lag on the short course. 0.54.789

Race 2 A.JPG
Race 2 B.JPG

Last edited:
Shph... I received a PM from paddycars1 who wishes to join, but wants to run a pure stock race this time... I offered for him to post the next race tomorrow and let’s give him the chance to do so... I think it’s Ok to call the second race now... The accumulated points standings after race 2 are...
Jontikis = 15 points
ShphrdOfFire = 13 points
2_Fast_4_U = 18 points

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Rule number 5 has been modified please read the edit. Pure stock races now allowed.

Last edited:
Car; RX-7 R type A (FD)
Track SUZUKA Circuit change weather arcade mode! And arcade garage only.
One best time mode
Car restrictions stock only and no skid recovery.
Tyre's sport hard or less,
Track settings weather at race start 100℅
Surface water at race start 100℅
Weather changeability 0
Grip real.
Hope you all injoy this run:)
After twelve laps got to 2:41.829 with no tc and lots of mistakes and on comfort softs.

Last edited:
Congrats on that great run!!! However, please all read rule 8 original. Not being picky, but rules were set originally prior as following... that once a race is posted it stands as official time and can’t be changed... however in fairness, will make exception to this one time, but please all remember this in the future... avoids second tries and hope y’all understand...

Also question... for this race is oil change ok ? To avoid confusion...

Congrats on that great run!!! However, please all read rule 8 original. Not being picky, but rules were set originally prior as following... that once a race is posted it stands as official time and can’t be changed... however in fairness, will make exception to this one time, but please all remember this in the future... avoids second tries and hope y’all understand...

Also question... for this race is oil change ok ? To avoid confusion...
my fault for not explaining the rules properly 2_FAST_4_U
The lap should be run in arcade mode with only the arcade choice of car that means you can't Change anything only the tyres.
My apologies bro:(

Car; RX-7 R type A (FD)
Track SUZUKA Circuit change weather arcade mode! And arcade garage only.
One best time mode
Car restrictions stock only and no skid recovery.
Tyre's sport hard or less,
Track settings weather at race start 100℅
Surface water at race start 100℅
Weather changeability 0
Grip real.
Hope you all injoy this run:)
After twelve laps got to 2:41.829 with no tc and lots of mistakes and on comfort softs.

That's one of my favourite car & track combinations, love the fact it's stock & CS tyres too. I'm not much of a TT'er, but I'm gonna have to give this a go. When does it end?

VBR
That's one of my favourite car & track combinations, love the fact it's stock & CS tyres too. I'm not much of a TT'er, but I'm gonna have to give this a go. When does it end?
Hay VBR welcome hope you injoy the race series I think Sunday at 12pm is the deadline, 2_FAST_4_U is the organizer for the race series hope you injoy the time attack series:)

Back