The Official GT5 Time Attack Race Challenge Thread Here !

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 112 comments
@2_FAST_4_U - rule 7 says "one lap runs", & I don't understand that? You can't do a proper run without several warm up laps (paddy did 12). Surely we should be able to do as many as we want, & then save the best one???

:confused:

Last edited:
VBR
@paddycars1 - Unfortunately, there seems to be two things you've overlooked:

1) Weather Changeability - if it's on 0 the weather won't change, if it's left on 10 it might or might not (which will affect the lap times as the track dries).

2) Grip Reduction On Wet Track - if it's left at the default Low setting, lap times will be much faster (unrealistically so), than if it'set to Real.

Imho, Weather Changeability should be set to 0, & Grip Reduction to Real. Tyres are limited to Comfort Soft, right?

@2_FAST_4_U - rule 7 says "one lap runs", & I don't understand that? You can't do a proper run without several warm up laps (paddy did 12). Surely we should be able to do as many as we want, & then save the best one???

:confused:
yes settings are correct I made them so this lap would be very hard to drive that's 100℅ of track water and 100℅ rain for every lap and grip setting on real just for a very difficult time and yes you can run as meany laps you like VBS:)

VBR... that 1 lap is not practice which is fine... it is the actual races should be only one lap... not two laps... or three laps etc... the time must be best one lap not best two laps or whatever... understand ?

If anyone wants to take over the management of the races I have already offered that and it still stands... let us know... I just prefer to race and not manage..

VBR... that 1 lap is not practice which is fine... it is the actual races should be only one lap... not two laps... or three laps etc... the time must be best one lap not best two laps or whatever... understand ?

If anyone wants to take over the management of the races I have already offered that and it still stands... let us know... I just prefer to race and not manage..
Id love to manage it, just dont expect a great schedule

Nope, still don't understand what you're trying to get at.

Last edited:
I will be sitting this current race out so others will be able to catch up on points as I’m working on a huge awesome GT5 new project currently... But, the next race that I will post on this coming Sunday and the announcement thereof is gonna be a real life doozie at the Nürburgring ... double points also will be awarded... stay tuned !

Last edited:
I will be sitting this current race out so others will be able to catch up on points as I’m working on a huge awesome GT5 new project currently... But, the next race that I will post on this coming Sunday and the announcement thereof is gonna be a real life doozie at the Nürburgring 24Hr ... double points also will be awarded... stay tuned !
Anyway I can help with the project? Btw i cant do the Nurb event that track doesnt work

Third Race Called And Forth Race Announcement (See Below) Starts Today Sunday:

TOTAL POINTS AFTER THIRD RACE TO DATE:
Jontikis = 25 points
2_Fast_4_U = 18 points
ShphrdOfFire = 13 points
paddycars1 = 8 points

Note: For the future, as per the rules originally posted...Any times that are posted without being accompanied be a photo or video proof will be not excepted or honored as official. Also should you want to compete, but you don't have the needed car or track listed in any race, then you need to grind harder in GT5 and/or do more research about the GT5 garage. If you are unsure of the rules read again and address with any questions. They will be fully adhered to and strictly enforced for any future races.

FORTH RACE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Car To Use From Favorites (Premium Car Only-No Arcade Car)-Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nür (R34) '02

Car Modifications & Setup-Any that are GT5 tune shop standards etc-NO special parts or garage editor type additions. Any tires except no super softs.

Circuit-Nürburgring Nordschleife (Not 24Hr) Arcade Sunny (Not Weather/Time)
Points Awarded-Doubled, All Other Rules Apply

Last edited:
Got a lap of 6:56.502. On sport softs,Am not the best at tunning lots of space for improvement this will do.

Attachments

• IMG_20180723_031050.jpg
    IMG_20180723_031050.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 15
Just as a heads up, I will be writing an article about these time attacks in a GT5 magazine. If you dont want to be mentioned in it, PM me by 2018-07-25. Nothing will be critical :)

fordlaser ... The garage editor is prohibited in our time attack challenges and no one has used it that we are aware of for any of our races. We all know GE is super fun for many things in many ways, but read our rules and feel free to join, cause we have been doing honorable racing in that regard. Any cheating jerks that ruin it for the majority of honest others would be ignored and their races would not be considered. Most can tell anyway... :gtplanet:

Just a update... I'll be running the Nurb race later this week and post my times toward the end of the week... but, wanted to let you guys know I've been working out many particulars on setting up Drag Racing Saturdays which will be coming next month. In the meantime testing my Gasser's setups and getting ready for the upcoming drag racing events... enjoy the pics...

302 STROKER GASSER:

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Boss 302 Stroker Drag Racing Gasser Super Hybrid-At Ahrweiler Gate.jpg

426 HEMI GASSER:

Dodge Challenger R_T '70 426 Hemi Drag Racing Gasser Super Hybrid-At Ahrweiler Gate.jpg

Last edited:
Just a update... I'll be running the Nurb race later this week and post my times toward the end of the week... but, wanted to let you guys know I've been working out many particulars on setting up Drag Racing Saturdays which will be coming next month. In the meantime testing my Gasser's setups and getting ready for the upcoming drag racing events... enjoy the pics...

BOSS 302 STROKER:

View attachment 753686

426 HEMI GASSER:

View attachment 753687
Cant wait for the drag racing.
I think they should be on Sarthe or Fuji, but it's up to you.

302 STROKER GASSER:

View attachment 753686

426 HEMI GASSER:

View attachment 753687
are your gassers hybrids? or ingame

Sorry Shp,.. We'll catch ya next round then, and ya the drag cars are gonna allow for some fun radical stuff, but in classes of horsepower/weight ratios, so no worries it will be fair.

Sorry Boys-This ol' geezer turned in a 6.55.906 on his first pass. Just wanna make sure you guys did know that you could do anything in the "standard regular" tune shop for mods ? If not take a second pass... maybe you guys needed to run a Jade painted car... :cheers:

Race 3 A.JPG
Race 3 B.JPG

Nurburgring Race Being Called-Double Points (Pending any very late entries over the next several hours)

A few race news highlights...
Very close race it was... Jontikis edged out 2_Fast_4_U by only about a hundredth of a second-Both had 6.55's though !
And paddycars was close and moves into 3rd place over his closest rivalry ShphrdOfFire who is very close behind.

Points To Date:
Jontikis = 25 points + 20 = 45 Points
2_Fast_4_U = 18 points + 16 = 34 Points
paddycars1 = 8 points + 10 = 18 Points
ShphrdOfFire = 13 points + (Race Missed) Previous Racer Bonus (Non Double) + 3 = 16 Points

Next is a "Dirt Rally Race" announcement coming later today...
(Drag Event coming next month as soon as the details are worked out to get proper timing-We Hope)

Come join the fun this coming week. It's not to late (unless you're scared) and get newcomer bonus points awarded.

Last edited:
Nurburgring Race Being Called-Double Points (Pending any very late entries over the next several hours)

A few race news highlights...
Very close race it was... Jontikis edged out 2_Fast_4_U by only about a hundredth of a second-Both had 6.55's though !
And paddycars was close and moves into 3rd place over his closest rivalry ShphrdOfFire who is very close behind.

Points To Date:
Jontikis = 25 points + 20 = 45 Points
2_Fast_4_U = 18 points + 16 = 34 Points
paddycars1 = 8 points + 10 = 18 Points
ShphrdOfFire = 13 points + (Race Missed) Previous Racer Bonus (Non Double) + 3 = 16 Points

Next is a "Dirt Rally Race" announcement coming later today... (Drag Event Coming Next Month As Soon As The Details Are Worked Out Somehow To get proper timing-We Hope)

Come join the fun this coming week. It's not to late (unless you're scared) and get newcomer bonus points awarded.

This coming dirt rally race will be a choice of Rally Cars below running "pure stock, car wash and oil change only, tuning changes, but no tune shop add onsingno othe oil change the standard dirt tires
Hopefully I can participate in this one...Not many rally tracks work for me

Shp... Which "Dirt Tracks" do you have ? And I'm curious why you don't have the other circuits in today's times ? Suggestion-Maybe getting some help from the guys over in the "garage editor thread" can help you with that I think.

Back