The Official Street Racing Syndicate Thread.

• Thread starter Darin
  • 688 comments

Darin

(Banned)
I bought this game the day after it came out.

But heres what I wrote on the back up forums:

The handling is somewhat like GT3, not really, but pretty close to my standards. The game don't have the TCS crap. Say you race a RWD vehicle. The car acts like a RWD. It looses grip easily you know the deal. The AWD vehicles handle easier, accelerate quicker, and they really grip the ground.The FWD, well, I haven't experanced that one yet. But the game is pretty cool, the game has its down sides. Like say you want a body kit, you have to put that entire kit on. Right now my RX-7 has a C-west kit with a Veilside GT-TypeIII spoiler. The spoiler is the only thing you can change on the exterior.

SRS_1993_RX7_1.jpg

SRS_1993_RX7_2.jpg

Here is my 1993 RX-7 R1 as of yesterday. Right now its just competition yellow with a carbon hood. Thats kinda it.

But the wheels, you have a pretty nice selection. The veilside rims are like real life, really effing pricey. But you know, you have your Volks, BBS's and Konieg's.

But the game really simulates the street racing scene. Like the meeting places, you got the people wondering around your cars.

SRS_1993_RX7_3.jpg

But take a look, personally. The damage modelling needs work, but when you damage the car it really affects it performance. When my car was like that when I was in the mountain range, the car was like revving while acclerating. And that alone a $6,000 repair that I had to do...

But the game can improve and I think if the makers can get to making another one, they can do some serious improvements. I actually am looking froward to seeing another SRS. The game tops NFSU and I know that out of experiance. I don't think NFSU2 will be any different from NFSU. Just different cars.

But When it says 40 different cars on the box, its actually around a 15 or so. Theres a million different models. Like for example.

Skyline R34 V-Spec
Skyline R34 V-SpecII
Skyline R34 V-Spec nUr
Skyline R34 V-SpecII nUr
Skyline R34 M-Spec
Skyline R34 M-Spec nUr

As you see theres a million skylines. And that goes for the Celica's, RX-7's, Supra's and Eclipse's, and others.

But Honda seems absent. But I have seen SRS images of the S2000 in a few. But I think that was when 3DO was in charge instead of Namco. But yeah. It could have a few more things and there plenty of room. You can navigate Miami ( haven't been there ), Philly ( Haven't been there ) and LA ( Where i'm at ).
I'm Somewhat like 10-15 percent in the game. Honda maybe secret. Not sure.

And this is my current car, my newly bought Skyline R34 GT-R:
SRS_SkylineR34001.jpg

Okay, lets talk about this great masterpeice of a game.

VipFREAK
Hmm... handles like GT3? that's hard to believe. :lol: looks like NFS:U from those pics. :P
Well, kinda. the brakes are too senstive. But the car does have a GT3 feel kinda.

How are the cops, and is there a free roam feature or not? 'Cause if I get enough positive feedback I'll buy the game this weekend.

ND4SPD
How are the cops, and is there a free roam feature or not? 'Cause if I get enough positive feedback I'll buy the game this weekend.
The cops are great. They are fun and they want to **** your car up!

Yes, free roam is in the game.

bmw5150
How is the game online?
It does support online play. Thats where the pink slip modes comes in. Where you can win other users cars.

I can't tell you how its does, I didn't make the damn game you know.

If you mean how is the online play, I'm not sure. I will not appear online until i've completed the story mode.

Hmmm, strange, I remember reading somewhere that there may be a clutch.
The developers says that they wanted a arcade feel but simulation physics kind of game.
Anyway, I getting it today ;)

psionix
Hmmm, strange, I remember reading somewhere that there may be a clutch.
The developers says that they wanted a arcade feel but simulation physics kind of game.
Anyway, I getting it today ;)
Its got a GT3 feel, but you'll have fun with it, esspecially when you can just keep it looking stock. 👍

Thats cool, so in free roam mode its an actual city? With streets and things that aren't blocked off, like NFSU2?

ND4SPD
Thats cool, so in free roam mode its an actual city? With streets and things that aren't blocked off, like NFSU2?
Nope. In LA is pretty good. You can go onto the highway, and ramp off in the mountain range where you can do some drifting or something... Afterall... theres a AE86 in the game..

ND4SPD
That sounds convincing enough, I'm getting this game tomorrow or sunday. 👍
👍 I seriously say this game will last longer than NFS:U.
The cops are a hoot. But the repair bill isn't...

Well that adds to the realism :) , but now I can't treat my car the way I do in NFSU :scared: .

ND4SPD
Well that adds to the realism :) , but now I can't treat my car the way I do in NFSU :scared: .
Nah. But its kinda realistic. The Damage model isn't that great... but, boy, does it affect your car...

Hey I got another question for ya Darin. How is the AI, are they atleast challenging unlike NFSU where they just run into traffic?

ND4SPD
Hey I got another question for ya Darin. How is the AI, are they atleast challenging unlike NFSU where they just run into traffic?
Well, the AI tries to beat you with everything their car has. They don't come out of know where unlike NFSU's AI. But SRS's AI is more intelligent. You attempt to side swipe them they'll either brake or attempt to gas it. But they do have their stupid moments.

MdnIte
Did you notice any catch up modes in that game for the AI ?
No. If they have nitrous ( And it tells you when you enter a series, if they have nitrous or not ) is the only way they do catch up. Other than that, they are weaksauce compared to my 637HP RX-7.

Latest Posts

Back