The Oval Tunery

Hi Kenwilinski,

I was todl my xxDesperado that you are the man i need to speak to about tunign my nascar.

Basically i have a race coming up on 1ndy R0ad Course and its a 40 laps race. I know there are a few tunes for nascars for oval tracks but obviously these wont work for the Road course.

Do you have a setup for this course please? (or anyone else have a setup?)

Please bare in mind that im not an avid tuner so please be gentle lol :)

P.S Its on Racing Hard tyres by the way :(

Cheers

Here's a post I have in this thread for a NASCAR Road Tune that I use. It follows a link to my friend's tuning garage, I borrowed his after coming up about a second short on my own tune.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5714701#post5714701

Things I would change to fit your exact race are:

1.) Adjust Transmission to 217mph (this will leave room to slingshot on the straightaway)

2.) Turn the LSD Initial Torque down 15 pts or more & the Accelerator Sensitivity up 15 pts or more. (this will help not over spinning a hard tire)

3.) Increase spring rates 1.5pts each (this will help on tire wear & traction for hard tires)

4.) If you feel understeer, minimize the aerodynamics

5.) If you feel oversteer, add more aerodynamics or add one roll bar to the rear end.

6.) If you still feel understeer upon corner entry, add more negative toe angle to front wheels

7.) If you still feel understeer from apex on out of turn then add more negative to rear wheels

8.) Any more unexplainable understeer then add a little more camber like .25 to the front first, then the rear. And if you still have to, drop the car height down more.

9.) Any unexplainable oversteer such as snap oversteer, which will most likely happen if you took the tune this far. I would try lowering the LSD a little bit.

But if really know this course and the driving lines, just remember slow-in and fast out. And maintaining throttle control in the corners so you don't have to turn down your LSD. You need the LSD hi up in a NASCAR. And lowering the LSD in a NASCAR will result in needing to drop the transmission to peek the hi rpm since you will not be deliberately sending hi torque through the differential via LSD.

I would definitely recommend taking steps 1, 2 & 3. And if needed 4 or 5. Indy is a very smooth and flat track, so driving line is what will really make your car turn here.

Corvette ZR1 (c6) '09

picture.php

889hp 1221kg 638pp
38.8 - 39.1sec laps
@ Daytona
Racing Soft Tires

Aero: 0/07
Ballast: none
LSD: 40/45/05
Trans: First set to 280mph and move Final Gear to 2.960
And adjust 6th Gear to 0.698 with Top Speed reading 302mph top right.
Then adjust gear ratios as follows:
1st: 2.727
2nd: 1.900
3rd: 1.395
4th: 1.065
5th: 0.845
6th: 0.698

Ride Height: 0/10
Springs: 19/18.5
Dampers Ext.: 10/10
Dampers Comp.: 08/09
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/2
Camber: 4.0/4.0
Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.05

Note -
You can turn transmission down for faster qualifying time,
this is a racing transmission setup that hangs with R8 LMP's & Bugattis.
May also want to dial down the LSD settings a hair.

Looking forward to testing this ZR1 setup at Daytona! Do your setups run better with a wheel or controller? Personally, I prefer a tight setup at Daytona when using the controller.

Didn't forget you, I will try your tune tonite and give you some feedback

I used ur setup n got down to 58.6 with consistant 59s, so it ur setup offers the same lap times than mine but holds to the track differently in certain areas. If I could just beast the heck outta the track I would be shaving off at least a half second. But in a pm u said u made some adjustments n were down in the consistant 57s, so I would like to check that tune out if u don't mind. Just pm me please, thnx.

NASCAR @ Daytona

picture.php

41.8s best lap & consistant 42.2s with Racing Softs & 1 second slower with Racing Hards.
892hp 1565kg
Aero: 20/40
Ballast: none
Trans: 249mph with Top Speed reading 254mph top right (gear ratios soon to come)
LSD: 60/60/05

This tune is fast without turning down the trans one click for qualifying & this tune will give you 30+ laps solo & 25+ laps in race. Best I've done is 42 laps in-race while driving in the front pack.

Ride Height: 15/15
Springs: 20/20
Dampers Ext.: 10/10
Dampers Comp.: 10/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/1
Camber: 4.0/4.0
Toe Angle: 0.0/0.0

And to note that I typically use these settings on any car that I begin to tune here.

Just some constructive critism here. Your lsd settings, 60/60, are redundant and serve no purpose. You can lower these and still not lose any speed plus gain stability on the corners. With the springs that stiff, you can lower the ride height a bit for more speed and again, better cornering stability. Rear dampers are way to high as well as the rear springs are too stiff. Lastly, way to much camber. I run consistant 41.5's with my setup. Just trying to give you some tips bro.

Just some constructive critism here. Your lsd settings, 60/60, are redundant and serve no purpose. You can lower these and still not lose any speed plus gain stability on the corners. With the springs that stiff, you can lower the ride height a bit for more speed and again, better cornering stability. Rear dampers are way to high as well as the rear springs are too stiff. Lastly, way to much camber. I run consistant 41.5's with my setup. Just trying to give you some tips bro.

Yea my setup does 38 -39 sec a lap in a draft with no loss of handling. And I remember you cargorat....aren't you drivetheguards friend? You were cocky then and cocky now. And btw 60/60 means full torque with full outside tire spin....hmmmm.....with camber angle at 4.0...therefore my outside tire carries the car through the turns flawlessly. When I drive this setup and many others that have I never heard one complaint. And Idc for a setup thats 1 second faster on a draft track bro. And lastly my trans is way too high purposely set for drafting. Sorry to critise you but I know you can run this car's setup way different and I have, but with a controller and doing endurance races always. This is what I stuck with and I barely ever pit for tires. Ask Mr.Mulsanne, Knelly, Drivetheguard and anybody else you see in these threads that I talk to. How about you post a thread with your tune and I say your redundant too.

Did you even try this setup in a race before you commented??? Or you just looking and are a know-it-all??

Here is some more constructive BS for you.LSD settings are redundant? Where are your settings hot rod?Stability for a Nascar at Daytona?More speed,one of the 3 speed guy's I'm assuming?Blah blah blah.Show your superior set-up.I'm sure most of us that show a little respect don't need your lame tips bro!

Yea my setup does 38 -39 sec a lap in a draft with no loss of handling. And I remember you cargorat....aren't you drivetheguards friend? You were cocky then and cocky now. And btw 60/60 means full torque with full outside tire spin....hmmmm.....with camber angle at 4.0...therefore my outside tire carries the car through the turns flawlessly. When I drive this setup and many others that have I never heard one complaint. And Idc for a setup thats 1 second faster on a draft track bro. And lastly my trans is way too high purposely set for drafting. Sorry to critise you but I know you can run this car's setup way different and I have, but with a controller and doing endurance races always. This is what I stuck with and I barely ever pit for tires. Ask Mr.Mulsanne, Knelly, Drivetheguard and anybody else you see in these threads that I talk to. How about you post a thread with your tune and I say your redundant too.

Did you even try this setup in a race before you commented??? Or you just looking and are a know-it-all??

Bassist they already banned one of his accounts so don't get into a pissing match with this guy.This guy is something else.

Yea I actually read up on him online back in february, my friend told me to send him a FR bc he was gonna b in some league with us n he was all like I'm the greatest I don't want to race with with u. And I was like this guy is for real? Wow what a.....I'm done with that n thanks jimbag for sticking up for me 👍

Yea I actually read up on him online back in february, my friend told me to send him a FR bc he was gonna b in some league with us n he was all like I'm the greatest I don't want to race with with u. And I was like this guy is for real? Wow what a.....I'm done with that n thanks jimbag for sticking up for me 👍

Yeah me and my friend global got into one of his rooms and proceeded to kick his you know what and guess what.He booted both of us and put us on his blocked list.He has no setup or class and is a real sore looser.

Yeah me and my friend global got into one of his rooms and proceeded to kick his you know what and guess what.He booted both of us and put us on his blocked list.He has no setup or class and is a real sore looser.

lol, you guys actually believe your own lies. killer, i kicked you because you couldn't hold a line to save your soul. never said i'm the greatest, just prefer to run with people on my level which you are not. go and read what a lsd actually does then you will know what i'm talking about. once you put that first number to 60, it becomes a locked all the time no matter what you do with the other numbers. you dont want a locked lsd when your going around a corner. anyways, not going to waste anymore of my time with you. your a lost cause anyway. you know how to find me, come get some bro.

lol, you guys actually believe your own lies. killer, i kicked you because you couldn't hold a line to save your soul. never said i'm the greatest, just prefer to run with people on my level which you are not. go and read what a lsd actually does then you will know what i'm talking about. once you put that first number to 60, it becomes a locked all the time no matter what you do with the other numbers. you dont want a locked lsd when your going around a corner. anyways, not going to waste anymore of my time with you. your a lost cause anyway. you know how to find me, come get some bro.

From what I've read on lsd, is :

Initial is the amount of torque it takes to lock it up, so yes you are right. But by me selcting to do this I have altered the rest of my tune. I have seen people base their tunes off of suspension, I have seen other ones based off of wheel alignment and then there's me, I tune loose and tune to torque. This GAME isn't as real as you would like to think...like I said it's a game and there's many ways to do it. And if my settings are soooo whack then why are people always using this tune and telling me all about it. Like I said HAVE YOU EVEN TRIED IT BEFORE YOU CRITICED???

But on another note if anyone has anything positive or actually helpful to say or unique personal tunes of their own, please fell free to drop a line :)

Now your a comedian.With poor grammar.OK hero take me off your blocked list and we will see if I can actually hold a line at (your kidding right) Daytona.
Who is the one actually telling the truth here.So why did you kick me and globalmenace after we finished 1-2 the last time we raced in your room.

Take it somewhere else guys, you're ruining the thread.

Knelly sorry for this but,really.I'm not the one bashing a guy that actually helps out the community.Also he was booted off here before so you are correct,I will stop.

Now your a comedian.With poor grammar.OK hero take me off your blocked list and we will see if I can actually hold a line at (your kidding right) Daytona.
Who is the one actually telling the truth here.So why did you kick me and globalmenace after we finished 1-2 the last time we raced in your room.

lol, you NEVER finished 1-2 in my room. and here we go about my grammer again.(rolls eyes) its too bad that thats the only thing to fall back on is harrassing me about my grammer. not even gonna go down that road again. you never were on my block list so come get some bro. and to the op, yes, i tried it and it doesnt work for me. i was just trying to give you some tips, thats all. whatever works for you i guess. i'm done here. peace.

Yea I would like to leave room for valid posts. either way people will agree or disagree. What can u do about it? It is a game n yes all I'm doing is just trying to help the community out a bit here with this fun thread. So let's keep it respectable please. No more criticism until u try out the tune and give real good , knowledgeable tips and secrets. Like I just don't post in someone elses thread n bash a tune. I always leave a response with some kind of respect towards the gent who ccreated it.

Now moving forward.......I'm throwing down some vintage muscle tunes here for daytona soon. And btw just to mention not all the lsd's r set at 60/60 bc some of the cars can't handle all that torque going to the outside wheels. But the tunes will be posted throughout this week. Will do a Cuda n a Superbee. Any requests?

Yea I would like to leave room for valid posts. either way people will agree or disagree. What can u do about it? It is a game n yes all I'm doing is just trying to help the community out a bit here with this fun thread. So let's keep it respectable please. No more criticism until u try out the tune and give real good , knowledgeable tips and secrets. Like I just don't post in someone elses thread n bash a tune. I always leave a response with some kind of respect towards the gent who ccreated it.

just wanted to offer my appologies to you bro. carry on. peace.

Yeah let's see you do the 70 Chevelle SS.One difficult car to tune.

I have a tune for it but it doesn't feel complete. I can get this car to drive daytona no problem but it feels slow. I think my max speed is only 200mph n with all those horses it leads me to believe I can get more out of it. I forget if I tried messing with the gearing either.

I have a tune for it but it doesn't feel complete. I can get this car to drive daytona no problem but it feels slow. I think my max speed is only 200mph n with all those horses it leads me to believe I can get more out of it. I forget if I tried messing with the gearing either.

Same thing on my part.I have tried everything to make this car go and it is really slow.Maybe we can swap set-ups and see if we can come up with something.Shame as I have a 1971 in real life and it just doesn't do it justice in this game.

hey crazy, maybe we can work on this together. i only have experience with nascar, but it sounds like a good challenge for me plus i love muscle cars, especially that one. i'll see what i can come up with. btw, it was cool racing with you bro, i guess i just have to learn to give people a chance. peace bro.

Yea it was good racing with you, you have a good group of clean guys. I was a little off my game as I just got done racing road courses for the past few days and have not touched Daytona in about a week. I felt a little sketchy trying to bump in the corners. But anyways, I'll be online tuning cars tonite. Should be in my lounge, feel free to join me.

Yea it was good racing with you, you have a good group of clean guys. I was a little off my game as I just got done racing road courses for the past few days and have not touched Daytona in about a week. I felt a little sketchy trying to bump in the corners. But anyways, I'll be online tuning cars tonite. Should be in my lounge, feel free to join me.

Alright, cool. I spent about an hour last night on the Chevelle at Daytona. My best time was 48.295 with a top speed of 187 mph down the backstretch. I'm sure you can do better. I'll work on it some more later. That car has a weird power band, I will say that. Anyway, I'll look for you later tonight. peace.

I created this after tuning all the Vintage US Muscle at Daytona over the course of the PSN being down and the month following.

I always use this as a reference:

CLASS 1
828hp 998kg
avg. solo top speeds 205mph - 215mph
avg. 43sec - 44sec laps

AC Cars 427 S/C
Trans-Cammer
Superbird
Cougar XR-7
Pontiac GTO
Shelby GT40
Super Bee
Mark IV Race Car
Mustang Mach 1
Art Morrison Corvette

CLASS 2
823hp 1055kg
avg. solo top speeds 195mph - 205mph
avg. 45sec - 46sec laps

Challenger R/T RM
Challenger R/T
Chevelle SS
Stingray L46 350
Corvette C2 Coupe
Camaro SS
Charger 440 R/T
Shelby GT350R

CLASS 3
Unrestricted
avg. solo top speeds 220mph +
avg. 41sec - 42sec laps

Shelby Cobra 427
Buick Special
Z06 Race Car
Cuda 440 Six Pack

CLASS 4
583hp 1085kg
avg. solo top speeds 190mph - 195mph
avg. 47sec - 48sec laps

Corvette C3 Convertible
Camaro Z28
Camaro Z28 RM

I have the actual top speed along with lap times written down for each individual car somewhere, just got to find it. And I created these groupings for when I run an online lobby and play dictator LOL

Back