The Oval Tunery

Man, I miss running these things around Daytona. First couple months I had the game that's all I did. We may have to organize a Saturday night Daytona run real soon.

Oh yea, be careful Carg...er...KB, if you start acting too friendly your gonna frighten all us guys that allready know ya!:scared:

Last edited:
Man, I miss running these things around Daytona. First couple months I had the game that's all I did. We may have to organize a Saturday night Daytona run real soon.

Oh yea, be careful Carg...er...KB, if you start acting too friendly your gonna frighten all us guys that allready know ya!:scared:

lol MUDD, I know right. But yea, lets organize something for Daytona. Miss racing with ya bro. Most of the old gang is long gone. Don't see many of them around anymore..

Yea I would like to leave room for valid posts. either way people will agree or disagree. What can u do about it? It is a game n yes all I'm doing is just trying to help the community out a bit here with this fun thread. So let's keep it respectable please. No more criticism until u try out the tune and give real good , knowledgeable tips and secrets. Like I just don't post in someone elses thread n bash a tune. I always leave a response with some kind of respect towards the gent who ccreated it.

Anyhow, I finally got into a room and lets just say I can hold a line pretty good and the set-up that is similar to yours that I posted way back in December seems to get me right to the front and not 6th. Funny

Hey crazy, did some more work on the Chevelle tune last night and came up with some big improvements. Best solo lap time 45.631 with a top speed of 201 mph down the backstretch. I know there is room for improvement tho.Interested to see what you can come up with.

Hey crazy, did some more work on the Chevelle tune last night and came up with some big improvements. Best solo lap time 45.631 with a top speed of 201 mph down the backstretch. I know there is room for improvement tho.Interested to see what you can come up with.

Well I didn't have time last night after racing to tune that up, but it sounds like your tune is good. Like I posted earlier:

823hp 1055kg
avg. solo top speeds 195mph - 205mph
avg. 45sec - 46sec laps

Challenger R/T RM
Challenger R/T
Chevelle SS
Stingray L46 350
Corvette C2 Coupe
Camaro SS
Charger 440 R/T
Shelby GT350R

I am tuning tonite for sure, I have no races lined up tonite!

Idk them off hand but I'm 100% positive I run the default to 249mph and move 6th gear all the way to the right (the upper right hand top speed will decline) and then move the Final Gear down to the left until that top right reads 254mph again. This will let you draft at 249mph red line free.

Idk them off hand but I'm 100% positive I run the default to 249mph and move 6th gear all the way to the right (the upper right hand top speed will decline) and then move the Final Gear down to the left until that top right reads 254mph again. This will let you draft at 249mph red line free.

NASCAR cars don't have 6 gears, lol.

Just a little announcement.....now with the 3 available tuning sheets per a car I will be posting up lots of tunes soon as I get everything organized. This will be great since I use a lot of cars on the ovals and some road courses. First thing is first on that list for me is to post up all my muscle car tunes for Daytona & Indy. Will leave off where I said I would do the Chevelle and then the Cuda. I think I will also follow up with the Special '62 & Cobra 427. Then once I have those beasts outta the way I'm gonna lay down the other vintage cars, such as the GTO, Camaro SS & Z28. Also, spec 2.0 has some kind of new tire graph that depicts bottoming out and full shock extension. I will have to play with this to get the most from my tunes I will post here in the future. So stay tuned for upcoming posts. And I'm still open to any requests, preferably something I already have setup to go in my garage so I can give quick feedback and input.

Well as Two Time Two Time Daytona Speedway Champ in IROC, just let me know if you want me to share my setup. Might come at a cost though ;)

I'd be interested in seeing it. Even though I could of had you, I hugged the wall with 2 laps to go and Furi pushed me to 2nd place with 1/10sec behind you. I'll tell you now, I used "my default NASCAR setup" for the last race minus the LSD and extreme trans setting. But the first daytona race I used a relatively softer and close to stock settings. In all I prefered my setup last race. But I would definitely wanna see what you did.

"my default NASCAR setup"
Ride Height MAx
Dampers Stiff & Max
Roll-Bars Low value, stiff
Camber at 4.0
No toe
Set trans hi for draft

Some changes will have to be made to these tunes now that spec2.0 has changed some physics around. Like the added grip loss to tracks and rougher tire wear. So I will update as I get time to rumage through my tuning garage.

I've noticed that as well since the update. A few of my tunes don't feel right any longer and I need to dial them in.

Last edited:
A couple of cars I'm surprised are not listed: Veyron & SLR. Both were killing my ZR1 RM at over 258 mph. They looked very stable and stupid fast!

Add the Ford GT, Caddy Cein, and Enzo to that list of 260 mph cars.

Last edited:
Used the daytona nascar tune, really good job, have heard some guys online chatting that they only use up to third gear, due to better torque, i tried this and i does seem to maintain the speed in turns, all i did was Set the top speed higher to allow about 220 in third, then when i had a good draft dropped into 4th and it flys, till i loose the draft anyway. Anyone done a tune for this cos i am only guessing at ratios.

Used the daytona nascar tune, really good job, have heard some guys online chatting that they only use up to third gear, due to better torque, i tried this and i does seem to maintain the speed in turns, all i did was Set the top speed higher to allow about 220 in third, then when i had a good draft dropped into 4th and it flys, till i loose the draft anyway. Anyone done a tune for this cos i am only guessing at ratios.

I don't use a 3 gear setup because I only do endurance races with 50 lap runs before pitting. So I would not benefit from a 3 gear setup IMO. I would imagine though to acheive this you would need to set your top speed on bottom to 260ish and move the final gear to the left until the top speed on top right reads somewhere around 286mph. That's just my guess, idk if this will help. And manual shift of course.

A couple of cars I'm surprised are not listed: Veyron & SLR. Both were killing my ZR1 RM at over 258 mph. They looked very stable and stupid fast!

Add the Ford GT, Caddy Cein, and Enzo to that list of 260 mph cars.

Those would be some fun cars to add. Thanks for the great ideas!!

I would also love to see some tunes for the Ford GT (02, 05, & 06), Cein, and Enzo as well as the TVR Speed 12, Saleen S7, and SLR.

I mostly run these types of vehicles at Daytona in clean rooms.

Back