The 'Pace Cars'

Is there any point to these special edition pace cars with all the pretty twinkly lights?
I could be wrong, and would happily be enlightened, but I've never seen a pace car act as a pace car in GTS? So what is the point of them?

Probably going to get flamed for this, They have no purpose other than for those people who want to play cops and robbers and also for inflating the car count, Afaik there is no real reason for them to be in the game.

Is there any point to these special edition pace cars with all the pretty twinkly lights?
I could be wrong, and would happily be enlightened, but I've never seen a pace car act as a pace car in GTS? So what is the point of them?

Think it's mainly because they are a part of motor racing in general and just something a bit different to the normal and race cars it has in the game

Currently they're pointless, as above.

I'm hoping they bring in an option to select a person to be the pace car, and they must use a pace car, and they get a special role. It would be boring and doesn't make sense unless we start getting race-ending car damage, then car-recovery, then due to that, a pace car needs to be deployed. PD would then have to code all this in, and also code in punishments if you wrongly pass the pace car, overtake others while behind a pace car, etc. Obviously setting the AI to be the pace car makes more sense, but it would be nice to have the option to do the job yourself.

They may bring it in soon, I didn't expect the yellow flag rule to be brought in for one, so, you never know at the moment.

Seems like it's purely for the fun of them being there then. Shame really, as they could me implemented in a few cool ways, although most would probably whine like Lewis Hamilton does being stuck behind one.

Maybe they'll use the pace cars once the actual series finals for the FIA cups roll around? That would be cool.

A few online series in our forums will probably also make use of the pace cars.

Also, cop lobbies have a much better option this time around with the R35 GTR and the AMG GTS, they're faster stock than the old R34 pace car. The M4 stays the same. The livery editor is pretty good for that too.

I like Pace Cars, maybe the GT Mode will have a pace car series?

Probably going to get flamed for this, They have no purpose other than for those people who want to play cops and robbers and also for inflating the car count, Afaik there is no real reason for them to be in the game.
As a fan of pace cars, i 100% agree with this statement. It's mostly for fun, have to something unique and different from regular bog standard cars.
I like sometimes participating in online races with my pace merc GTR cause its fun, different.

I have the car but it never gets used as cant enter it in anything other than one car races. Personally I'd be fine if the whole grx set of cars were wiped from the game. Accidentally chose a vgt space machine once in an open lobby. 300mph to 0 in 50 feet? Bloody silly and insulting.

Well, the logic is there to support the safety cars in races. I imagine they're slowly rolling out flag rules in the test seasons, and slowly adjusting and balancing everything while getting ready for the first official season in the new year.

Early build:

Edit: Imagine manual rolling starts behind a safety car in the lower ranks.... Sounds like a headache to be honest.

The pace cars are used in some of the Challenges, I've just done a time trial at Brands Hatch and they were dotted round the track.

Seems like it's purely for the fun of them being there then. Shame really, as they could me implemented in a few cool ways, although most would probably whine like Lewis Hamilton does being stuck behind one.
These last few years must have been really hard for you, mate :lol:

:lol:

The pace cars are used in some of the Challenges, I've just done a time trial at Brands Hatch and they were dotted round the track.
Are you talking about the Trucks with lights, those arent pace cars, those are first response vehicles in case of a crash?

Pace car as a pace car, great but thinking they are police cars no, go play GTA if you want to play cops and robbers. I think what annoys me is that half of the free mode lobbies are cops, it can be so hard to find a track day testing lobbies that are full and not on Nurburgring/Drifting/Cops.

The Pace Cars are fun but the only downside is that WE STILL CAN'T TURN THE LIGHTS OFF. Ever since they first appeared, the lights have been always on, no matter what button you press.

Hopefully some update rectifies that and gives us, the players, the control over them.
This is so strange, again... It's 2017 and Polyphony is still living in their own bubble deciding what we can do, and especially what we CAN'T do.

The GTR, in particular, is a nod to GT4 where they had the R34 Skyline GTR Pace Car. The others are a fun addition which was supposed to be a pre-order bonus, but then they just went and released them in the mileage exchange anyway.

Back