The perfect pedals! (?)

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Timppaq, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Hi Guys,

Short question:

What would your dream pedals have, when everything would be possible?

List all the functionalities, options, features, etc. that you would wish for. Use your imagination, but stay within reality (preferably) :p

2. super_gt

super_gt

For PC my dream pedals are Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    deadhorse and F1Aussie like this.
  3. kikie

kikie Premium

A real race car build around these pedals. Seriously.

Nothing mentioned in the OP that these pedals are for sim racing. :D

4. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

A hydraulic brake.

deadhorse likes this.
  5. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

Something like the Simcraft Tilton Procraft pedals. Hydraulic everything. Well dampened and a 120kg Loadcell...

Except better.

6. andrewhake

andrewhake

Probably whatever Fanatec is cooking up as Podium Pedals. Fanatec does a good job of balancing high end with usability.

I find full on racing pedals used for sim racing to be absolutely ridiculous. In the end there is absolutely nothing you can do to simulate the g-forces that you experience under braking, so pedals need to be designed around that limitation.

7. KimiRaikkonen

KimiRaikkonen

Honestly after owned a lot of pedals. Fanatec has a long road to get close to the top high end pedals. That is my opinion.

They are good, don't get me wrong, the CSL with the load cell brake is great for quality/price. But it is not close to what other brands (Heuskenvield, HPP, ecc) give you. Yeah they are expensive.

8. kikie

kikie Premium

Throttle with a very high accurate resolution

Brake pedal with which I can modulate the braking without using ABS. Also preferable based on muscle memory instead of distance. It doesn't matter if it is load cell based, hydraulic or with a spring combined with a piece of rubber.

9. andrewhake

andrewhake

To make a counter argument. The way the Heuskenvield pedals are constructed is ridiculous for the price. It is essentially a DIY solution being sold as a professional one. Don't get me wrong, it is a great pedal setup, and a lot of good work was put into them to make them great, but it is clearly a pedal setup designed by an engineer and someone with very little industrial design or manufacturing experience.

You should absolutely be getting single piece billet pedal arms for that sort of price. Even the CSL Elite pedals use single piece arms with a design much closer to real racing pedals. Ricmotech and HPP are miles ahead of Heuskenvield in terms of construction.

10. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Its a matter of taste I guess.

11. KimiRaikkonen

KimiRaikkonen

Not having a single piece is what makes them highly adjustable. That is one of their strong point. It is not a case that they are highly desiderable in the racing community

super_gt likes this.