Period Correct Vehicle Thread

• Thread starter Sage Ages
  • 535 comments
Forgot that the illustrious Zender, who made the infamous Fact Four (featured in Midnight Club: Street Racing), also did custom Mercedes-Benz cars back in the day. Quite interesting.

IMG_4222.jpg
IMG_4255.jpg

That was before Fast and Furious came out and ruined everything, so no, there's nothing wrong with that :P. Judging by some pics that was probably 1997 or early 1998 at the very latest. Man, I remember reading about those cars in Turbo Magazine and Super Street when I was a kid.

This one's going to be hit or miss, but honestly I don't care, it's one of my favorite cars ever.

King of style Mitsuru Haruguchi and his yellow FC3S, an icon from the late 90s/early 2000s drift scene. This is the one all the stanced/hellaflush kids want to emulate. I remember the old Option D1 videos with that thing losing most of its bumpers around Nikko and Bihoku and Sugo Sportsland... It was slow and couldn't drift for crap (thought that's probably down to Haruguchi himself), but man it was cool looking. It represents a time when drifting was about having fun with a 250hp crapbox, when AE86s ruled the world and no one could actually link the Minami course at Ebisu properly, a time before drifting meant spending 250000$ on a half-tube framed 1200whp drag car sponsored by an energy drink company made to go sideways with 100 degrees of angle in a cloud of tire smoke the size of Texas.

rlkt47.png

9zpsh4.jpg

King of style Mitsuru Haruguchi and his yellow FC3S, an icon from the late 90s/early 2000s drift scene. This is the one all the stanced/hellaflush kids want to emulate. I remember the old Option D1 videos with that thing losing most of its bumpers around Nikko and Bihoku and Sugo Sportsland... It was slow and couldn't drift for crap (thought that's probably down to Haruguchi himself), but man it was cool looking. It represents a time when drifting was about having fun with a 250hp crapbox, when AE86s ruled the world and no one could actually link the Minami course at Ebisu properly, a time before drifting meant spending 250000$ on a half-tube framed 1200whp drag car sponsored by an energy drink company made to go sideways with 100 degrees of angle in a cloud of tire smoke the size of Texas.

Word for word, you just summed it up perfectly.

Well, aside from the exhaust, it looks like it is. It's even got the Pionneer Carrozeria speakers that were all the craze in Japan back in the '80s and '90s.

Back