The Peugeot e-Legend Concept Is Futuristic Tech in a Retro Package

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 1, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. breyzipp

breyzipp

I like it, looks nice!

3. ss3

ss3

It is pretty. But the front end looks too much like the IDX, but a little better. Almost like a better IDX easier on the eyes too calming and energetic exactly what you want in a cars looks (generally)

05XR8 and JoueurGT like this.
  4. kikie

kikie Premium

If Peugeot produces this car exactly as shown and it is not super expensive to buy, I'll definitely consider getting one. Except for the interior though. That has to be less futuristic and more nowadays.

breyzipp likes this.
  5. MockngBrd

MockngBrd

Looks suspiciously like a rebodied IDX

05XR8 and JoueurGT like this.
  6. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

7. Milouse

Milouse

504 Coupé. The 504 and the 504 Coupé are quite different (the later being designed by Pininfarina)

504:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

504 Coupé:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

ferhound and kikie like this.
  8. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

Dear Porsche, this is how retro/nostalgia is done right.

9. vsfit

vsfit

Wow, I would be in line for this if available in the states. Such a refreshing look. Open front floorboards, apexing body lines, aggressive front styling....very well done! I wish the Detroit guys within throwing distance of my office would spend a little time looking at this.

10. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I've heard rumblings about Peugeot making a return to the US market. I'd be interested in this if they did. My family owned 3 Peugeot 504s (1 burned to the ground after the entire wiring harness turned into a toaster oven coil due to the starter motor shorting out, igniting the diesel fuel that was of course leaking everywhere, 1 dissolved into dust, 1 failed catastrophically and subsequently dissolved into dust) and 2 505s (both failed catastrophically and subsequently dissolved into dust) once upon a time and I've always had an affinity for the brand.

I don't exactly know why I feel this way, but something deeply ingrained in me tells me this is the correct shape for an automobile. Simple 3-box form without superfluous detailing. It's a car...an essentially extinct form sadly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  11. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

To add to this. There is some speculation going on about the new Peugeot 508 Coupé which should release in 2021. See the similarities ;) Pricetag around €70.000.

900_600_bbd82af719ddd0ca7dc865bd.jpg

12. homeforsummer

homeforsummer Premium

Be interesting if it is, but I'm not convinced how similar it would be. One thing people noted about the e-Legend was that it was surprisingly compact. And if there's one thing the 508 isn't, it's surprisingly compact...

If it was 308-sized though that would be something to celebrate. The 308 platform would allow it to be quite lightweight too.

13. kikie

kikie Premium

It's beautiful except for the interior. It is a concept and we all know what happens to concept cars.