The Photomode Tournament Discussion Thread: Season 6 (2.0)

Is it still open? So this are my ideas:

Theme: Eco-Green
Explanation: Take any Eco-Green cars and take it with the nature
Cars: Any Hybrids or Electrics
Photo travel: No
Unique Restrictions: The must be green

Theme: 1960's
Explanation: In the 60's cars had evolve and became a symbol for a certain country
Cars: 1960-1969 cars only
Photo Travel: Yes
Unique Restrictions: Monochrome filter only and multiple cars are allowed

Theme: Italian Invasion
Explanation: Take your favorite italian car
Cars: Italian Only
Photo Travel: Siena - Piazza del Campo only
Unique Restrictions: As said above

Theme: Yin & Yang
Explanation: Take a picture with a black and white car
Cars: Any
Photo Travel: No
Unique Restrictions: There must be only 2 cars

Theme: 50 Years of Bond
Explanation: Celebrate Bond in style - create a suitable shot worthy of the great man himself.
Cars: Any on-screen car model featured in any of the 23 movies.
Unique Restrictions: Cars as above.

Theme: The animal in the car
Explanation: Shoot any car that is named after any animal, or that has an animal as its badge
Cars: Any as long as the car's manufacturer or name or emblem features an animal.
Unique Restrictions: Cars as above.

I don't know if this is possible but in Official PS3 Portuguese forum, there was a photomode chalange like this):

Theme: Apex
Explanation:3 shots: 1 aproching the corner +1 in the apex +1 out of the corner, making an horizontal sequence.
Unique Restrictions: see above.

Got some more ideas if you need 'em

Theme: Arcadia
Explanation: Take a shot at a Kart Space Variation, showing the vibrant neons straight out of the 80's, but! No cars in the shot and it has to be in motion!
Cars: Any, but none.
Locations: Kart Space 1/2
U.R: See Above

Theme: Pay Attention to the Drums
Explanation: While there may be no Drum brakes in GT5, try to get a killer shot of brakes wether their glowing hot or not!
Locations: Any
U.R: See above

Theme: Clarity
Explanation: Get the clearest, most peaceful shot you can in GT5. Showcase both the car, and the track's scenery/sky.
Locations: Tracks only
U.R See Above

Theme: BLVCK MVGIC
Explanation: Call upon the evil spirits and shoot an all black car during the evening, but only using panning mode 1.
Locations: Time Change Track/Evening
U.R See Above

Theme: Love is All I Got
Explanation: Try to create an intimate scene. Wether it's a beautiful car and landscape, or 2 cars together or whatever else you can think of!

Theme: Where Did I Go?
Explanation: Capture a car in motion, without it being the main subject.
Locations: Track only

Theme: Fall Into the Sky
Explanation: Simple really, shoot an upside down picture! Get as creative as you can be with this one, but just make sure there's a car in the shot.

Theme: MONSTA
Explanation: Get a crazy, mean up close and wide angle shot of any car at speed.
Locations: Track only

Theme: Vanishing Point (Deadmau5 Remix)
Explanation: Take a twist on an old classic by taking any white car to Toscana and get that Vanishing Point feel.
Locations: Toscana

Theme: The M Machine
Explanation: M Power Baby!
Cars: Any BMW M car

Theme: Zedd
Explanation: Z's Z's and more Z's. Take out any or multiple Z cars and catch some at an unlikely place, Daytona.
Cars: Any Nissan Z car
Locations: Daytona Road/Oval

Theme: The Veldt
Explanation: Take a ride in Toscana in your favorite car and catch the most beautiful silhouette, and maybe take inspiration from Deadmau5's The Veldt music video.
Locations: Toscana Time Change @ Evening

Theme: Money Makin'
Explanation: Take a shot of yourself gettin' that money. A.k.a Winning a race!
Locations: Track Only

Theme: Full Intro Cinema
Explanation: Try to create a movie opening scene, wether it's based off an actual movie or not, make sure to letterbox it, and don't be afraid to add some text either!

Theme: Goin' In, Goin' Hard
Explanation: Missed the apex! Better slam on those brakes and hope you got enough grip. Showcase a car slamming on the brakes to get into the inside line.
Locations: Track Only

And Yes, as usual. They're song/music references :lol:

I don't know if this is possible but in Official PS3 Portuguese forum, there was a photomode chalange like this):

Theme: Apex
Explanation:3 shots: 1 aproching the corner +1 in the apex +1 out of the corner, making an horizontal sequence.
Unique Restrictions: see above.

Unfortunately no. Multi-shot are not allowed under PMC and 2.0 rules.

Is that even exist? :) A spec 3.0 of Photomode competitions? That would be nice hehe

Is that even exist? :) A spec 3.0 of Photomode competitions? That would be nice hehe

Nop. Due to lack of participation, this competition was eliminated. (for now)

The Competition was called is "The Photoshop Competition".

Not quite. There were always an hype behind it and most would love to see a 3.0 competition around. The thing is, and as it been experienced through GT4, the maximum it reached was 20 weeks. So it's not a great option for a solo competition.

Also, there was a trial 3.0 week in the Photoshop competition that, as it's host Revolution said, it didn't have a great outcome, which I kind of disagree and still think that with some tweaks to it (mainly some rules) it would have been a great complement to the Photoshop Competition.

As for the tournament, I've been thinking if it would be good to integrate a possible 3.0/free for all side, besides the PMC/2.0, but I don't really know if that would be a good idea. One thing I am certain, next season will have something different than this one, regarding PMC/2.0 side choosing and this season will have a special round.

There's a lot of amazing pictures around this forum that doesn't fit in any competition ATM. Maybe a more open one could (even a once every 2 weeks or 1 a month) be nice. :)

Artistic pictures for exemple or rainy/snow edit for ex. are great to see but unfortunately we haven't a competition for that kind of work. :) It's an issue to discuss... with time maybe 3.0 comp. (or any other number :P) will se the daylight.

Theme: The HPDs (High-Performance-Divisions)
Explanation: Take a road car (or more than one) that is manufactured by a manufacturer and tuned by its official performance division (e.g. BMW's M, Mercedes' AMG or Nissan's Nismo) to a real-world track, and take some photos of it!
Cars: Only cars tuned by the official performance department of a manufacturer, which means cars tuned by other tuners (e.g. HKS, Blitz, Spoon) are not allowed.
Locations: Only real-world tracks
Unique restrictions: See above

Theme: The Perfect 10
Explanation: Take any road car with 10 cylinders to any track and treat us to the perfect sound of 10 cylinders
Cars: Any of : Dodge Viper, Lexus LFA, Audi R8 5.2, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi RS6 Avant '08
Unique restrictions: All cars in the shot must be from the above car list

Last edited:
It might be interesting to do a particular year, of course it might take some research on both ends to make sure there is a decent variety for that particular year. IE cars from 1967.

Only stipulation is they must be cars from that year.

Hey everyone.

Season 05 of the Photomode Tournament had it's end. Thank's to all who participated in this competition and congrats to SlipZtrEm and Taiga for the win.

Final Scores:

PMC
SlipZtrEm - First Place;
kaede - Second Place;
ijkhk4 - Third Place.

Taiga - First Place;
bmxmitch - Second Place;
zambuca - Third Place.

Closest vote margin match:
2.0 Round 2 | Match 02- zambuca (33) vs. Fyshokid (33)

User with overall most votes: Tie between SlipZtrEm & kaede (198)

I'll also use this thread to keep track of prizes, so the prize-list for both PMC and 2.0 are as follows:

Prize List - PMC/2.0:

Third Place:
Hall of Fame representation;

Second Place:

First Place:
Tournament images will be featured as banners for a next tournament;

Next season will probably begin in February and it will be one side only. That said, next tournament season will be one side only and it will alternate between PMC and 2.0

Also, is there any suggestion on what could be done better for the next seasons.

Let me know what you all think.

Congrats to the winners! :cheers:
Alternating sides eh? Nice move, Luis! :sly: It's gonna be a challenge.

Not really sure what could be done better. It's great as always! Thanks for hosting it yet again. Had a lot of fun on this one :)

Great idea with alternating sides 👍 Looking forward to trying my luck in PMC.

Thanks for another entertaining tournament :)

The alternating idea could work out to be fun. My only suggestion to improve would be regarding the start up of the tourney. I've missed the last couple because I've been too busy to check in a timely manner. Is there some way to set up a kind of opt-in distribution or similar list to notify folks when the tournament would be starting?

The only way I can see is by subscribing to this thread, since I normally announce in this thread before the tournament in up.

Hey all,

I know I know, it's way long overdue, but I'm please to announce the sixth season of the Photomode Tournament, starting it's qualifying round on Thursday the 23rd of May.

This tournament will be PMC only. The 2.0 will start after the PMC has finished.

The tournament will have the same format as the other ones - a knock-out type of competition - with some rules alteration. The number of entrants to get through round 1 will depend on the number of entries on the qualifying.

There may be some prizes, I will leave to anyone who want to sponsor any prize, but please, make sure you send me a private message regarding it.

As for now, you know the drill, write in this thread any theme you would like to be featured in the tournament. Make sure you follow the format bellow and some common sense :P. Make sure you read first post for themes already used in past tournaments.

Code:
[U][B]Theme Name[/B][/U]
[I]Brief explanation about the theme[/I]
[B]Cars:[/B]
[B]Locations:[/B]
[B]Phototravel (yes/no):[/B]
[B]Unique Restrictions:[/B]

[NOTE: Themes may be used as either PMC or 2.0 format and may be changed according to tournament needs.]

I'll also be using some unused themes from the the past season.

Thank you all for the support,
Nicknamealguem

Back