The Power of Gran Turismo 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter rottenatomy
  • 47 comments
  • 4,280 views
Messages
114
Brazil
São Paulo
Messages
intro83
Since I've got this game, nothing else stuck to the point of letting gt5 away in its box.

I've tried a couple of the new bunch of games released recently and, as soon as I took the Mclaren F1 to the Nurburgring after giving those games a chance, they are now in the selling pile.

Shift 2 is a joke compared to GT5 (graphics and gameplay). F12011 graphics put me completely down and made me regret buying it in the first place.

Just to name a few.

so yeah, i'm dangerously addicted to this real racing simulator thing. :)

what about you guys?
 
Not addicted. I just play it sometimes for fun.
 
I have been playing this game for about 6 months now. I played Killzone 3 very recently and i wanted to reach the ending of that game as quickly as possible just to get on with playing GT5 again. KZ3 is a good game but the main problem with that game is .... it`s not GT5.
 
The only other game I've played for more than an hour since GT5's launch was inFamous, when PSN gave it away for free after the infamous PSN Outage.
 
Completely addicted, but sometimes I do feel the need to put it down and play something else.
 
Completely addicted, but sometimes I do feel the need to put it down and smell some fresh air and the see the sunlight
Fixed :dopey:
 
was addicted but it became to the point I couldn't play any other games...I will come back after spec 2
 
TBH, I did put it down for a little while (along with all gaming) until I got my DFGT. Once I got my wheel and built my cheap-o cockpit, I couldn't put it back down.

edit: VTiRoj, same here!:lol:
 
Completely addicted, but sometimes I do feel the need to put it down and play something else.

Same here. If I play something else it's mainly GT1, GT2, GT4, TT and if I've got no other choice, Black Ops. Although I actually went and played some Madden this week :lol:
 
Since I've got this game, nothing else stuck to the point of letting gt5 away in its box.

I've tried a couple of the new bunch of games released recently and, as soon as I took the Mclaren F1 to the Nurburgring after giving those games a chance, they are now in the selling pile.

Shift 2 is a joke compared to GT5 (graphics and gameplay). F12011 graphics put me completely down and made me regret buying it in the first place.

Just to name a few.

so yeah, i'm dangerously addicted to this real racing simulator thing. :)

what about you guys?

Kaz!!! We got another! --PD team

But seriously, I know how you feel. this game spends about 95% in the PS3 for me since I bought my PS3 7 mths ago. I have been addicted to GT since GT2 and have never let up since. I have weened off a little bit lately to play other great games like Uncharted (finally), but GT5 always has a special place with me. Being a car geek doesn't help my situation anymore, either.:lol:
 
Kaz!!! We got another! --PD team

But seriously, I know how you feel. this game spends about 95% in the PS3 for me since I bought my PS3 7 mths ago. I have been addicted to GT since GT2 and have never let up since. I have weened off a little bit lately to play other great games like Uncharted (finally), but GT5 always has a special place with me. Being a car geek doesn't help my situation anymore, either.:lol:

At least they finally fixed the Spyker FR/MR debacle! :sly:
 
Same here. If I play something else it's mainly GT1, GT2, GT4, TT and if I've got no other choice, Black Ops. Although I actually went and played some Madden this week :lol:
Off Topic-
Not a Battlefield fan then? :p

On Topic-

I'll be addicted when Spec II is out
 
It's the only game I own. I play it almost everyday since it release and I haven't gotten tired of it yet.
 
I play near an open window, so I smell enough fresh air and catch some sunlight while I play already! :lol:
:lol: 👍 I play in my bedroom. I only has a door, it's small, hot, and smells like a toilet :grumpy:
 
Needs more power.
spec II, hopefully.

I think addicted is a little too much, i'd say. I have to go to work and watch a bunch of movies, but yeah, this game is really giving me some fun nonetheless.
 
I bought my ps3 because of gt5, bought it in january this year and played it for a couple of months then I got bored and played other games, I used to be a fan of ridge racer and nfs in ps1 then I came across 1st GT game and I never looked at other racing games anymore.
Just recently I started playing GT again after I bought G27 and it's even better.
Sometimes after watching top gear I would just turn on my ps3 and do some free run on a stock car.
 
GT5 is awesome, no doubt, but I get my other fixes that it doesn't deliver on other games.

I rally on DiRT3 (GT5's rally is rubbish).

I race F1 cars in F1 2011 (GT5 has 3 F1 cars and they all have unrealistic physics).

I crash on Burnout: Paradise (GT5 has crap damage).

I drive recklessly and take my frustration out with GTA IV (driving recklessly in GT5 makes one a mega-n00b).
 
Ahh, another thread where people tell us about their bizarre addiction to one single game like it's a good thing.
 
Ahh, another thread where people tell us about their bizarre addiction to one single game like it's a good thing.

i sense a touch of bitterness. relax, why does it bother you if someone happen to play the same game over and over again
 
i sense a touch of bitterness. relax, why does it bother you if someone happen to play the same game over and over again
At least they don't spend money on other games :lol:
 
It's the best racing game of all time. cookpit, night and weather, 1080p graphics, amazing community, track editor. No other games came even be compared to GT5.

If I ever had the choice to just play one game for the rest of my life, it would be GT5 for sure.👍👍👍
 
you want a real simulator, try Iracing

No game is a real simulator when they can't even get the sounds of the cars correct.
 
you want a real simulator, try Iracing

No game is a real simulator when they can't even get the sounds of the cars correct.

If you want something even more real, get in a car and start driving.:rolleyes:
 
I haven't played so many other games in so long, GT5 makes all my other games seem boring, and that's the way I plan to keep it :p. At least until November when Uncharted 3 comes out.
 
As with all Gran Turismo's, I am addicted. Even with GT5's less then what I am used to A-Spec, this game keeps me coming back for more. With Spec II on thr horizon, GT5 is poised to deliver another 6 months of playtime.
 
Back