The Power of Gran Turismo 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter rottenatomy
  • 47 comments
  • 4,280 views
you want a real simulator, try Iracing

No game is a real simulator when they can't even get the sounds of the cars correct.

Ahh... yes the engine sound excuse. GT5 DOES have the best car horn sounds though. :dopey:
 
I bought my ps3 because of gt5, bought it in january this year and played it for a couple of months then I got bored and played other games, I used to be a fan of ridge racer and nfs in ps1 then I came across 1st GT game and I never looked at other racing games anymore.
Just recently I started playing GT again after I bought G27 and it's even better.
Sometimes after watching top gear I would just turn on my ps3 and do some free run on a stock car.

Haha same, watching top gear makes me want to play GT5 or at least go out for a drive 👍
 
I'm addicted to both GT5 and borderlands at the moment. Usually what happens is, I'll play GT5 and somehow get pissed off, then go to borderlands to take my anger out with guns, and then head back to GT5 after I get annoyed at the terrible vehicle physics in borderlands haha

Borderlands_Team.jpg
 
Needs more power.
No, needs more taco stands.

But seriously, I'm Tenacious D, and I'm addicted to GT5. And I don't regret it. :D

I will be flirting with Forza 4 some, and blasting naughty enemies trying to subvert the world for radical Islam in Battlefield 3 for a while, and I might get Dirt 3 because I agree that the rally physics in GT5 is kind of lame, save for the snow stuff which is fantastic. For now, this is pre-Spec II after all.

After I upgrade GT5, I have a bad feeling my other games will be crying for attention. :lol:
 
Calamari100
I'm addicted to both GT5 and borderlands at the moment. Usually what happens is, I'll play GT5 and somehow get pissed off, then go to borderlands to take my anger out with guns, and then head back to GT5 after I get annoyed at the terrible vehicle physics in borderlands haha

Same here but i to to BF3 Beta :D but most of the time im playing NHL 12.
 
It's strange really. I've been looking into getting some new games for the PS actually, but whenever I look at some other game I know it won't be as good as GT (in entertaining me) so I know I won't be playing it anyway. I do own GTA IV just because I loved that series on PC and I want to see what this "new" one is like. I haven't played much though because it takes effort to change the disc. :D Also got Tekken 6, hate that game because my gf keeps kicking my ass in it. :(
 
I have been playing this game for about 6 months now. I played Killzone 3 very recently and i wanted to reach the ending of that game as quickly as possible just to get on with playing GT5 again. KZ3 is a good game but the main problem with that game is .... it`s not GT5.

I play Killzone 2 almost every night. And a little bit of GT5 as well.

KZ2 > KZ3

Never thought I would be talking about Killzone in GTPlanet :)

BTW I have Plat in KZ3 (& 2 of course).
 
Yesterday I played the FM4 demo intensive...

I´ve never driven an Zonda R or an BMW M5 but the GT5 driving physics are brillant. FM4 is still too easy... Too much grip, there is nearly no chance to loose the car...

In GT5, if you just take the yellow bird or the F40 on a track, you know how hard it is to drive these cars...

So, yeah, there is still no game that can challenge with GT5 on fun, challenge (physics), graphics... Anyway, I wish T10 would work together with PD :)

T10 makes the content, career mode, events... And PD the physics, car design, track design...
 
I play it every day too, very please with it, nothing better yet 👍
 
Totally addicted to GT5. At the moment F1 2011 deflects me from it, but once Spec 2.0 is out, i think i´ll go back to business. Can´t believe the game is out for almost a year now. Usually i don´t play one game in particular for such a long time. :)
 
Unfortunately Battlefield 3 comes out not long after 2.0 because I was gonna come back to GT5 after 2.0.
 
@ Calvins 48

Dirt is rally game? If you like arcade perhaps, but here I would have chosen a series of Motorstorm. Since the time of RBR not yet gone to a game that came to her in terms of realism. Well since the last WRC series(PS2 days) did not get as good a game that linked to the SIM from the arcade. Besides, rallies are really well reproduced in GT5 (as you play wheel).
 
I split my gaming time between GT5, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and atm, the Battlefield 3 Beta (looking forward to getting my copy in the mail). :dopey:

I don't buy too many games, so when I do I try to make sure it's a damn good one! Although I do have a couple of games lying around gathering dust (Black Ops being one of them ;) ), so I think I'll trade them in at the nearest GameStop store.
 
Alway good to fins a thread that is about the good things of GT5:tup:

I would not say I'm addicted, but my girlfriend will tell you otherwise :sly:
 
[SNIP} the main problem with that game is .... it`s not GT5.
Yeah...strange that.:odd: Other games just don't have that...GT factor.:D:tup:
R*
 
It's the only game I own. I play it almost everyday since it release and I haven't gotten tired of it yet.

Same here. Love the game, cannot get enough. I just wish I could get money more quickly, then I could buy more exotic machinery and drive it like Clarkson would...;)
 
GT5 2.0 and FM4 and BF3 I will be happy soon!
 
Our friends came over from out of town and my friend who's a gamer asked what games I had for PS3. I went digging and...

GT5
GT5 Prologue
NCAA Football 2010
Bioshock
Dead Space
Little Big Planet (my wife's)
Little Big Planet 2 (my wife's)

That's it. GT5 hasn't left my system pretty much since I got it about a year ago.
 
Back