The Premium Cockpit Thread

• Thread starter hampus_dh
  • 62 comments
i honestly think gamepod is better compare to VR3, evo seat, adjustable , no centre piece, customisable ( name on fabric)

but i love my HR Chassis ehehhe , anyway while we are on the topic
check out the sick custom paint.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...38751460.68662.153549367998835&type=3&theater

umm also i think everyone is for themself, you should stick to what you love and will love everyday. so make a right decision, in the end is your money that come out the pocket and YOU who is going to enjoy it immensely. regardless if it's DIY custom rig or after market etc, find your fit.

if you like VR3 then make a purchase, if you like HR then get HR, or gamepod or frex , all these are very very lovely product, you should consider the ecstatic of your room/house /hall, and the size of the place that you can afford.

Don't settle for anything less than perfect for you.
cheers

Last edited:
Watched a ton of ISR videos, seems gamepod on that show is wobbly, but maybe they need to tighten the bolts. Anyway, purchasing a Human was almost impossible, not to mention they seem to like charging USA customers double.

This thread needs more pics. Lol

Now the shipping costs probably will go down even further for all the Euros here :) (HumanRacingGT)

They will distribute them from Austria and Germany which is pretty damn close to Sweden.

hampus_dh
i respectfully disagree, it would be like turning up at a supercar fest in a Fiat :)
you can sit in it, drive it and all sorts of functional things but premium? not even close :)

Don't want to rain on your parade, but any videos I've seen of the vision racer being used look like someone driving a jelly !

Seriously, there is so much movement in it I think I'd get sea sick, premium ? Only in price as far as I have seen.

No46_TheDoctor
Don't want to rain on your parade, but any videos I've seen of the vision racer being used look like someone driving a jelly !

Seriously, there is so much movement in it I think I'd get sea sick, premium ? Only in price as far as I have seen.

yup and my dad is santa claus.

I want to make a clarification on my statements in the thread. I have been dealing with someone who was portraying themselves as a Human Racing representative when in fact they were not. That was the biggest gripe I have with Human and it turns out the person wasn't even a Human employee.

Secondly, I stand by my assertion that shipping to the USA is just too high. This however is not Human Racing's fault, but rather the fact that they have no distribution center in the USA. My concern about the price of the chassis and its shipping still remains as several posters on here and other forums always give me different pricing they received. I'll attribute this to exaggeration or just forgetfulness.

Phil Williams from Human and Tinnakorn have both been very nice, I have to repeat this. While I feel the latency of responses from Human have to do more with their location than their commitment. The distance barrier is quite vast unfortunately.

I have since received my VR3 chassis from Visionracer and its great! Quality piece of kit and its beautiful. Those speaking about wobbly construction must have gotten one of the initial runs because David has made several changes to this chassis. Its solid. I will own a Human GT when Human finally ships to the USA. I am going to put it in my office. My VR3 lives in the entertainment room.

I hope this clears some things up. I never intended to bash Human unjustly. I wanted to purchase this chassis but just can't justify the shipping cost. Both of these chassis are Premium.

Congratulations on the purchase Mayaman. Im sure all the research and reading forums like these make it easier to make a decision.

glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait to see the picture of your new shiny rig.
again congratulations:tup:👍

hey you didn't get CSP have you cos if you haven't. don't

mine started to do this after 3 weeks of heavy use from brand new (been running X1 2010 comp with my clan ) and I wasn't even using them that heavy, just 3-4 hours each day trying to get to 1:07 on the suzuka challenge.
this hapenned : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4jyo1eX8s
a replacemetn load cell is on it's way but i start to thing t500 is the way to go .

Thanks dude. I must say I've had my Clubsports for 2 years and have never had this problem. Must be a defective load cell for sure. Its an easy fix. I also have a set of G27 I ordered from Ebay and a Perfect Pedal on the way. When I have it all connected I'll be able to use both the Clubsports and the G27 with perfect pedal :D

So far, the build quality on the VR3 is pretty awesome. Its beautiful. Super comfortable.

I'm going to wait for the CSR Elite wheel. But I'm all set for pedals with the Clubsports and the modded G27s.

I am really tempted to get the T500 just to see how it feels.

I want to make a clarification on my statements in the thread. I have been dealing with someone who was portraying themselves as a Human Racing representative when in fact they were not. That was the biggest gripe I have with Human and it turns out the person wasn't even a Human employee.

Elaborate please, someone said they were a Human employee or what? :)

Secondly, I stand by my assertion that shipping to the USA is just too high. This however is not Human Racing's fault, but rather the fact that they have no distribution center in the USA. My concern about the price of the chassis and its shipping still remains as several posters on here and other forums always give me different pricing they received. I'll attribute this to exaggeration or just forgetfulness.

Not really, shipping over seas always costs a ridiculous amount of money when the weight of the product goes up.
Shipping from USA to Europe costs like hell aswell and have always been like that.

Phil Williams from Human and Tinnakorn have both been very nice, I have to repeat this. While I feel the latency of responses from Human have to do more with their location than their commitment. The distance barrier is quite vast unfortunately.

I have since received my VR3 chassis from Visionracer and its great! Quality piece of kit and its beautiful. Those speaking about wobbly construction must have gotten one of the initial runs because David has made several changes to this chassis. Its solid. I will own a Human GT when Human finally ships to the USA. I am going to put it in my office. My VR3 lives in the entertainment room.

I hope this clears some things up. I never intended to bash Human unjustly. I wanted to purchase this chassis but just can't justify the shipping cost. Both of these chassis are Premium.

Pictures please :) Always nice to see pics of either the Human or Visionracer!

I'll have pics later hampus, right now I have a mess here. I'm waiting for Visionracers triple 46" screen mount!!!! Mwahahahahaha. I'm organizing this space for the Visionracer, the triple large screens, and a couple other things. hehe

Is this not premium? I am 6'2 by the way.
HPIM3636.jpg

I'll have pics later hampus, right now I have a mess here. I'm waiting for Visionracers triple 46" screen mount!!!! Mwahahahahaha. I'm organizing this space for the Visionracer, the triple large screens, and a couple other things. hehe

Nice :)

I´m torn between the two makers lol. I still haven´t gotten a pricepoint from Vision but i don´t have the money right now anyways :)

The plan was at first to just buy it on one paycheck but it´s to big of a hit so i plan on spreading it out over 3 months instead. I need my Canada Goose Baffin Anorak for the winter :)

Vince nice, how are you liking the T500? Have you tried the Fanatec wheels and can you compare?
The T500 is a great wheel, well worth the money IMO. I have only owned the DFGT prior and there is no comparison between the two. I never considered the Fanatec products since I am only a PS3 user. Also read a lot of negative input about the Fanatec company and products.
Just wondering what is in the GT binder.........is this some sort of GT Bible that I need?
Lol, no. That is my holy grail GT tuning notes binder. Every car I have used has it's own special spot. I have it hillbilly encrypted so if a would be thieve got a hold of it, it would be damn near impossible to cipher.:D

The T500 is a great wheel, well worth the money IMO. I have only owned the DFGT prior and there is no comparison between the two. I never considered the Fanatec products since I am only a PS3 user. Also read a lot of negative input about the Fanatec company and products.

Lol, no. That is my holy grail GT tuning notes binder. Every car I have used has it's own special spot. I have it hillbilly encrypted so if a would be thieve got a hold of it, it would be damn near impossible to cipher.:D

hahahaha love the hillbilly encryption.

While Fanatec had some problems in the past with customer contact, please don't listen to noisy complainers. Their products are great and their service is vastly improved. Just a note.

I´ve had Logitech´s Fanatec´s and now a T500RS.
This is how i would rate them.

FREX - ECCI
Clubsport Wheel
Thrustmaster T500RS
Fanatec GT3 RS V2
Logitech G27
Logitech G25
Momo Racing Force

DFGT (the latest) i have not had a chance to try but i would probably put it just below the G25 or beside it.
I have never tried the CSW or the really high-end wheels but i think the gap technically is almost non-existant today. Only thing that really sets them apart is probably the engineering aspect aswell as the cost.
Not claiming the FREX is actually better then a CSW but just built in a more extreme way, a more beautiful way.

who makes a progressive e-brake for use with a g27 wheel that will work on GT5? does anybody? I don't care for the ones people are wiring up to g27 and are only an on/off switch. I've got one I built that uses spring loaded handle with travel stop and it's connected to a ds3 analog stick with a bungee...works really well but I'm looking for something more refined.

went to Frex.....looked like they had something like this...no price.....contact feature on their site wasn't working.
any thoughts??

FREX - ECCI
Clubsport Wheel
Thrustmaster T500RS
Fanatec GT3 RS V2
Logitech G27
Logitech G25
Momo Racing Force

DFGT (the latest) i have not had a chance to try but i would probably put it just below the G25 or beside it.
I have never tried the CSW or the really high-end wheels but i think the gap technically is almost non-existant today. Only thing that really sets them apart is probably the engineering aspect aswell as the cost.
Not claiming the FREX is actually better then a CSW but just built in a more extreme way, a more beautiful way.

I don't think that a gap between T500RS and GT3 RS is bigger than the one between G27 and GT3 RS.

FREX/ECCI
ClubSport Wheel
T500RS
GT3 RS
G27
DFGT (wheel only)
G25
DFP (wheel only)
MOMO
GT Force
DF
No name products

FREX - ECCI
Clubsport Wheel
Thrustmaster T500RS
Fanatec GT3 RS V2
Logitech G27
Logitech G25
Momo Racing Force

do you have a Frexx or the clubsport wheel? :rolleyes: the more i read your posts the more i feel :indiff:

do you have a Frexx or the clubsport wheel? :rolleyes: the more i read your posts the more i feel :indiff:

No, don´t really need to in this case.

Same with T500, i praised it long before it was released while 99% of the people were still complaining that it was expensive or asking if it was better then a G25.

An easy way to stop the nausea is to not read my posts. FYI.

Yea well that´s your entitled opinion, for me it was a very clear difference.

If so then what's different?
I've never used the T500RS so I don't know.
The only differences I see is that T500RS has a dual belt system and more powerful FFB motors.

Energizerrr
If so then what's different?
I've never used the T500RS so I don't know.
The only differences I see is that T500RS has a dual belt system and more powerful FFB motors.

quality feel is on anothe completely different level, it doesn't look like it on pics but when you feel and see it IRL its just oozes quality like the gt3 didn't.

(not saying the Fanatec does not feel premium because it sure do, especially with the alcantara but imo not even close to the t500.

I have to agree, even judging by the pictures/videos - T500RS looks like it'd survive a hammer blow whereas GT3 RS looks kind of fragile.
Question to T500RS users - how do you drive X2010/F1/FGT with 1080 degrees of rotation? :/

Question to T500RS users - how do you drive X2010/F1/FGT with 1080 degrees of rotation? :/

game adapts automatically the rotation depending on the car, think it is closer to 270 for those cars - i never tested exactly how far, but in sharp corners i never turn it right or left more than a 1/4 (maybe 1/3 max). 1080 would be impossible to drive otherwise

If you wanted the chassis, why didn't you go to LAX? instead of writing emails ?

Back