The PS4 FFB thread

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 97 comments
@Harry Freq that's interesting! Never tried the T300 myself but from massive feedback, nearly 90% of people say it's better! Only 10% prefer the G29 due to its higher reliability!
Interesting to know why you had such experience!
Let's hope future updates improve FFB on all wheels!

Informativo

is very good for me.

I have a problem, if I raise the volume, my t300 has violent strokes in the brakes, where can I improve this setting?

Last night i went from the G29 to the T300 a good few times, The G29 has tons and tons of feedback on the straights (Outlton, Knockhill) feeling every little bump and camber while the T300 feels dead in comparison with you only getting slight feedback on straights, The T300 though had much more feel when turning through corners. Im not sure why the T300 is projecting such little feedback on the straights compared to the 29.

Interesting comparison. What settings did you try? Did they have any effect?

Given how well and sublime GT Sport is on my G29, such polar opposites in feedback can surely mean only 1 thing - it' not be written properly or tested properly. i.e. I bet not one single tester just tried what you did.

Interesting comparison. What settings did you try? Did they have any effect?

Given how well and sublime GT Sport is on my G29, such polar opposites in feedback can surely mean only 1 thing - it' not be written properly or tested properly. i.e. I bet not one single tester just tried what you did.
Default settings for G29 which was informative then 50's, T300 i went through everything but it seems informative is also the best for it. I spent hours last night trying to get it dialed in and got something that i was fairly happy with but then i'd jump into the Formula A and all the FFB disappears and your left with hardly any feedback and a wheel that you could turn with your pinky and then it's back to the menus for the next 30 mins. :banghead:

I am back with informative 100 20-30 50 50 .. assign L3 R3 to change the volume on the fly .. so that I dont have to go back to the menus.. set Damper to 0 and Speed Sensitivity to 15 (so that turning the wheel at high speed doesnt require robotic arms of precision) ... I believe I found a bug with the Immersive flavor on ps4. It seems to get delayed/stuck when counter steering. Otherwise it would feel as good even better than Informative.

Immersive after the patch and the t300 has come alive finally with PCars 2
I'm really hoping I get the same experience. (Still at work, hopefully patch will be live in US when I get home.) I was thinking that it was quite odd that so many PS4 users had such drastic experiences with their wheels. Then I did see threads on official forum this week where moderators and WMD members commented that last minute changes to tire model fudged up FFB modifiers.

Immersive after the patch and the t300 has come alive finally with PCars 2

I was having a weird 1s delay when trying to catch a slide with the t300 in immersive mode before the patch... Impossible to drift the radbul. Is it better now??

I was having a weird 1s delay when trying to catch a slide with the t300 in immersive mode before the patch... Impossible to drift the radbul. Is it better now??
I'm getting a complete loss of ffb on corners now and again, sounds similar to what your saying. I put tone up to 100, that sorted it out. Think it's a bug. I hope it gets looked at because the road feeling in immersive is great.
Only tested with the sauber c9 at brands.
Immersive 100, 20, 100, 40, 0.10

2 hours sorting out ffb with the Porsche Cayman GT4 at Oulton and i can finally say im really happy with the ffb now with the T300 i just hope it translates well to other cars and other tracks.....

Immersive
Gain 65
Vol 40
Tone 40
FX 50

Anyone with the CSL-E tested the new patch (I'm waiting on the download)? Ian said all major bugs would be fixed with 2.0, but I'm reading at the official forum that the lack of FFB on CSL-E on PS4 hasn't been fixed. I really hope this isn't true, as I want to play the game, but as it is, the FFB is less realistic than Gran Turismo 4. Unplayable with this bug, and not bloody happy after spending $100 on the game and over $1000 on the wheel...

Wow, so many comments regarding T300 improvements with version 2.0. When I started playing PCars 2 things were pretty rosy. But the last couple nights I've played, my T300 has been losing all FFB half way through races. Just a dead wheel with pinky light movement. Going from podium positions to dead last because I can't feel anything that the car's doing. It's almost like the game switched to thinking I'm using a ds4 controller. It often changes when I'm next to someone else on track - like battling for a position. I've also had FFB die out when passing a lapped car. All of this playing online/multiplayer, which has made me wonder if the game is confusing/swapping/mixing player's controllers and settings? Certainly a stretch of an idea, but it's weird how I usually lose FFB when I'm really close to an online opponent.

Hopefully the new patch improves things. When things are working well, the game is top notch.

I'm really hoping I get the same experience. (Still at work, hopefully patch will be live in US when I get home.) I was thinking that it was quite odd that so many PS4 users had such drastic experiences with their wheels. Then I did see threads on official forum this week where moderators and WMD members commented that last minute changes to tire model fudged up FFB modifiers.
Look forward to your review. I've used some of your FFB settings and think you and I have a similar preference for feeling.

I don't think there is hardly any difference between the T300 and G29. They're about the same level of quality. Just saying that those with issues on the G29 may have some hardware bugs which may contribute to the issues. On occasion my T300 will bug out, especially if I've been using it for 4+ hours of intense use. Typically it comes back to full strength with a day of rest and a fan blowing directly on it. And if that doesn't fix it, a re-calibration always does the trick.

From my experience and from the internal mechanism and motor strength alone the g29 and t300 are not in the same ballpark.

G29 is notchy, clunky, and is less than 3nm torque while the t300 is smooth with its belt driven servo and is upwards of 5nm torque almost double the g29 which will allow for much more detail in its feedback before clipping occurs.

Also it's been stated that Raw is the only flavor that does not utilize auto tuning. Auto tuning which is utilized when using the Informative and Immersive flavors monitor your ffb levels and auto adjust to eliminate any clipping as to provide you the correct amount of torque response that your wheel can handle.

Look forward to your review. I've used some of your FFB settings and think you and I have a similar preference for feeling.
Still testing. There's hope!

Immersive: not for me. My T300 has a small range of jerking right and left when wheel is centered. Drove for several laps in case it was the auto-tune/auto-scaler effect... it was not.

Informative: probably will use this flavor. Still trying to find my sweet spot. I don't think I will find universal setting for all cars. Volume will still have to be adjusted per car. Lambo Sesto no longer has that spring-like twitch when it shifts gears... that's an improvement.

Raw: yet to test.

Got a link to that?

FFB is massively improved! Along with it noticeable differences to the tyre model with no assists and assists. Much happier.

Some cars are still dead though. The NSX and R8 GT3 cars are useable, but the 488 and Aston are still very light. I guess these two are supposed to feel different but the FFB is unchanged on the 488 that I tried pre-patch 2.0.

Got a link to that?

FFB is massively improved! Along with it noticeable differences to the tyre model with no assists and assists. Much happier.

Some cars are still dead though. The NSX and R8 GT3 cars are useable, but the 488 and Aston are still very light. I guess these two are supposed to feel different but the FFB is unchanged on the 488 that I tried pre-patch 2.0.
There's something with most of the Ferrari's and the T300 from my experience. They all have a very light/dead feeling to them. Especially the F40 :(. It's almost like whomever was in charge of modeling the FFB for Ferraris missed something in the programming.

Maybe that's how they actually are in real life and we're just unaware? Not trying to argue here, just being a devil's advocate for realism.

Got a link to that?
WMD comment:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...B-in-Sesto-Elemento-is-almost-completely-flat

I recall another thread where a moderator commented on last minute tire model update, but I can't find. Not a forum member so I can't use search function.
Maybe that's how they actually are in real life and we're just unaware? Not trying to argue here, just being a devil's advocate for realism.
That's the argument from SMS side.

There's something with most of the Ferrari's and the T300 from my experience. They all have a very light/dead feeling to them. Especially the F40 :(. It's almost like whomever was in charge of modeling the FFB for Ferraris missed something in the programming.
The F40, for example, feels alive and kicking in Assetto Corsa on PS4. I can't imagine a "relatively old" Ferrari beast (with little to no electrical aids, all mechanical) to have a dead feeling in reality! A LaFerrari maybe, but not a F40!

The F40 is considered the best Supercar of all time by alot of people with the driving of the thing supposed to be sensational so i doubt the dead feeling in PCars 2 is realistic. I've not tried many road cars in PCars 2 but in 1 they were awful to drive.

This guy reckons you can feel everything through the steering.

Last edited:
The F40, for example, feels alive and kicking in Assetto Corsa on PS4. I can't imagine a "relatively old" Ferrari beast (with little to no electrical aids, all mechanical) to have a dead feeling in reality! A LaFerrari maybe, but not a F40!
Agreed, I'm doubtful that Asetto Corsa exaggerated the feeling of a mechanical beast like the F40. The feedback for this car in Assetto is amazeballs!

Is the F40 in Assetto Corsa a road car or the GTO race car we have in PCars 2? I think that may be the difference. Don't a lot of race cars have lighter steering so it's easier to move around on track?

Is the F40 in Assetto Corsa a road car or the GTO race car we have in PCars 2? I think that may be the difference. Don't a lot of race cars have lighter steering so it's easier to move around on track?
The F40 road car was basically the GTO car. That's why it was sooo loved. It was a friggin' race car with really light weight carpet. The differences were so minor, but the car's drive-train was virtually identical.

Ordinary dude test driving few shopping bags and reviewing them: (including F40 grocery edition) :P

So the steering on track is very much alive so AC has it rightly modelled. Why so dead on the track in PCars? Less cars in AC so they can focus better on what they have?

www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ferrari/f40-1987-1992

There's a pleasing naturalness about the steering. It's direct, smooth and not too heavy.
The feel is such – through the wheel, somehow through the whole car – that you know instantly what's happening.
The communication comes through the seat as beautifully as it does through the wheel and the precision of the throttle is as keen as that of the steering.

Going to try test out both F40s later on if the wife lets me.

Last edited:
After extensive testing i think reducing volume is not so good because it alters the curve too much.
On slow to medium corners it's almost non existent, meaning you'll spin out without realising.
I spent hours testing , mainly with the sauber c9 and the ffb with low volume was very weird.
Hoping for a custom option in a future patch.

After extensive testing i think reducing volume is not so good because it alters the curve too much.
On slow to medium corners it's almost non existent, meaning you'll spin out without realising.
I spent hours testing , mainly with the sauber c9 and the ffb with low volume was very weird.
What do you suggest if wheel is too heavy to turn? Decrease gain? Have you found a good balance of gain and volume settings?

Reducing volume reduces my ability to feel oversteer mid corner, volume up means a heavier load on your wheel.
A heavier load on the wheel during corner exit or mid corner increases the ability to feel, er, catch oversteer earlier.
I'm still partial to my original settings on launch day. I've found nothing that communicates or feels better.
1508030216708838059453.jpg

If the wheel is to heavy youve got to turn Vol down for me turning down the Vol gives much more feedback through the wheel.

Alot of cars feel way to heavy even at 50 on the T300 unless youve been at the gym pumping iron for the past few years and full of the roids.

Heavier wheel is better for me. I race mainly LMP, GT3 a light wheel leaves the cars feeling to loose for me at those speeds, hence my volume is at 80.

Back