The R32 .....here it is!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dirkiyo
  • 60 comments
  • 3,824 views
Hiroke
That is the Renault Avantime. Despite looking like a MPV people carrier, it's actually a luxurt 4 seater, 2 door coupe. I suspect the one in the game will feature Renault's 3-litre, 24-valve, V6 engine with 210BHP. Granted it's not the prettiest car in the world, but I quite like it for it's destinctive styling. And I think it's good to have some less conventional and unusal cars in the game.

Is That the same car as a Velsatis, or did they change the name?
 
it's not the Velsatis.............it's a whole new model
 
The Vel Satis is a completely different model. While they share some styling ques, the Vel Satis is more of a executive sedan (think BMW 5-series or Audi A6) while the Avantime is a little more difficult to place in a certain class. Of course while the Vel Satis is still being made, Renault stopped production of the Avantime due to terrible sales figures. Wich is a shame really.
 
screw the R32, the Mark II is where it's at and I don't even like Golfs

Is there a Mark II in GT4? I really hope so, my brother has one.
 
the screen shot doesnt look nice...but on the other hand look better..i mean motion
 
Damn.. ur thread post tricked me.. i thought we'd be seeing a picture of my beloved R32 Skyline!!! ><...
ARGH ARGH haha
Artz
 
that old school beetle looks 👍
 
These cars were all confirmed way back at May's E3 showing of GT4. An R32 (of the Nissan variety) was seen even before that. How is this news?
 
Hope the R32 sounds as good in GT4 as it does in person.
 
Gsir8
Is there a Mark II in GT4? I really hope so, my brother has one.

not sure, but yeah it would be pretty cool. I drove my buddies ride with full suspension with a VR6 in it and god damn that thing hauled ass. 👍
 
I thought the R32 in question was the R32 Skyline too! But GT has one of those already (the R32 Skyline). Either you're road racing them amateur style, or you're practicing up for drifting in GT4. Maybe if you like "Initial D," you're wishing you were one of the "Night Kids," racing a black R32 Skyline.

But in this case, I don't know if it's safe to call the VW Golf lineup the most underrated compacts. I got into one at the Houston Auto Show this year. Based on performance (and seeing one in action on "Car and Driver Television," I think the R32 is kind of a small car with a beastly engine. Or for the "screw Japanese cars, long live American cars," I guess an American example would be the Hemi Dart. But here, looks like the R32 Golf is a mean little machine.

As far as the Renaul Avantine goes, I don't think it's all that ugly. I normally don't say this, but even if it looks ugly, I'm sure it can still perform on the track, because GT4 races aren't high-speed beauty contests. Since we're on Renault, you may as well hope you get the Espace F1, or a Renault Avantine LM complete with a Renault or Ferrari V10 making 700-1,000 hp!
 
screw the R32, the Mark II is where it's at and I don't even like Golfs
Well thats a matter of opinion, the R32 really does have to be heard and driven to be commented on, for the money its worth every penny... but i would say that :dopey:

Hope the R32 sounds as good in GT4 as it does in person.
Well the sounds in GT3 Concept and GT4 Prologue may have not been recorded using the full rev range but the SL55 AMG in both sounds very realistic when compared to real life.

I will be testing out the following cars for realism compared to the game when GT4 is out.

Peugeot 206 GTi 138bhp
Audi S3 quattro
Volkswagen Golf R32 241bhp

Lets hope it really is true in the reproduction.

Riz 👍
 
Riz_32
Well thats a matter of opinion, the R32 really does have to be heard and driven to be commented on, for the money its worth every penny... but i would say that :dopey:

yeah I know, I've heard all the stats and seen it in action. I didn't mean it literally, although now that I read my post again it does sound harsh. I just think the Mk2 body style is the best, plus the one I drove had a VR6 and full Corrado interior. sweet car for an old car.

but props the the R32 anyway cuz I know it's quick
 
no prob 👍

the mk2 golf GTi is also a great car, just like the mk3 with the 2.8l VR6 engine.........it has a great engine sound. The G60 engine-block that is fitted in the Corrado however, is the strongest of the three.
 
Dirkiyo
no prob 👍

the mk2 golf GTi is also a great car, just like the mk3 with the 2.8l VR6 engine.........it has a great engine sound. The G60 engine-block that is fitted in the Corrado however, is the strongest of the three.
The G60 is indeed the fastest, but the least reliable. You mention those engines, but lets not forget, the Sharan (the mpv) has a model with a VR6, so do the Corrado and the Jetta. The Polo mk3 has a G40 model.
They're all worth considering as they in a way, are very similar to the R32.
 
Dev_Zero
The G60 is indeed the fastest, but the least reliable. You mention those engines, but lets not forget, the Sharan (the mpv) has a model with a VR6, so do the Corrado and the Jetta. The Polo mk3 has a G40 model.
They're all worth considering as they in a way, are very similar to the R32.
Perhaps engine wise but the R32 has 4 Wheel Drive
 
:) The R32 is as far as I see it a completely different kettle of fish to the earlier GTi's. It is several hundred kilograms heavier, so although it has the extra power to overcome this, it is never going to be endowed with lightning responses... I see the R32 as more of a true GT car with comfort and refinement as higher priorities than handling finesse and fun. Still an appealing car don't get me wrong, just not blessed with the same intimacy that the older cars offered.

Paul.
 
911_gt3_rs, I know , but they al represent the good old "fast block, normal volkswagen" idea.
 
Now if I could only find a new beetle pic in gt4. :) The r32 looks awesome. :)
 
don't worry about the new Beetle, it already appeared in gt3 so it would be kind of strange if the didn't iclude it this time.
 
Cosmic
Yes , it could be Rome.
Opera Paris could not be , it's a night track ;)

All the tracks can be played at different times of day... So that is not a good way to identify the track...


;)
 
Civicbus
yeah I know, I've heard all the stats and seen it in action. I didn't mean it literally, although now that I read my post again it does sound harsh. I just think the Mk2 body style is the best, plus the one I drove had a VR6 and full Corrado interior. sweet car for an old car.

but props the the R32 anyway cuz I know it's quick

I used to own a MK2 Jetta GLI, so I know what you're saying... However, I still love the Mk3's and Mk4's... Personally, I'm really looking forward to the Mk5 R36...


;)
 
silviadrifter
All the tracks can be played at different times of day... So that is not a good way to identify the track...


;)

just watch carefully :dopey: can you see the banners above the track? 👍

:sly:

561066_20040924_screen492.jpg
 
Dirkiyo
just watch carefully :dopey: can you see the banners above the track? 👍

:sly:

561066_20040924_screen492.jpg

Why is this directed at me?...


;)
 
it was actually directed to Civicbus but i couldn't find his post that fast.
 
Dirkiyo
it was actually directed to Civicbus but i couldn't find his post that fast.

Ahh, I see... Carry on then...


;)
 
Well the next R32/R36 is undergoing tests at the Nurb and the initial pictures dont look so good.

The new MK5 Golf shape is ok but its not aggressive enough.

Here`s mine.

r32car2.jpg


The only thing that bugs me at the moment is the rattle`s... the suspensions to blame! 👎

Riz :)
 
Dirkiyo
it was actually directed to Civicbus but i couldn't find his post that fast.

silviadrifter
Ahh, I see... Carry on then...


;)

hahaha no! Don't carry on... I didn't mention anything about tracks! lol
I think you meant to direct it at Cosmic :P
 
Riz_32
Well the next R32/R36 is undergoing tests at the Nurb and the initial pictures dont look so good.

The new MK5 Golf shape is ok but its not aggressive enough.

Here`s mine.

r32car2.jpg


The only thing that bugs me at the moment is the rattle`s... the suspensions to blame! 👎

Riz :)

I've seen the pictures... I think it looks good... Very understated...

Nice R32 btw...


;)
 
Do any of u know where I can go on da net to see one of these cars in action? I think they look great and might sound pretty cool too. ??
 
Back