The Race Car wishlist

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 674 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, some people are so sensitive. You can delete my posts if they're SUCH A PROBLEM:P:lol:

If you'd seen the amount of posters requesting the same thing already listed on the orignial wishlist V5.4 over and over, you'd see why I reacted the way I did. I guess I do need to chill though.

McLaren F1 GTR in all it's liveries, so not just the Gulf cars that are already on the list.

Ueno Clinic (1995 Winning Car)
West
Harrods
FINA
LARK
etc.

1996 Audi A4 BTCC, 1998 Volvo S40 BTCC, 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

I noticed that the Sunred SR08 concept was on the list. Never turned a wheel, but if that is eligilbe, why not another Spanish GT1 contender:

-Hispano-Suiza-
Hispano-Suiza HS21 GTS ´02

Was a concept intended for Le Mans, but never really saw any production. A rolling prototype exists though.

EDIT: about the list; Maserati are listed twice.

Last edited:
McLaren F1 GTR in all it's liveries, so not just the Gulf cars that are already on the list.

Ueno Clinic (1995 Winning Car)
West
Harrods
FINA
LARK
etc.

1996 Audi A4 BTCC, 1998 Volvo S40 BTCC, 1999 Nissan Primera BTCC

Sorry but I'm not accepting liveries. The ones you might see were just copied from the original list and are now being removed, but no liveries for now.

I noticed that the Sunred SR08 concept was on the list. Never turned a wheel, but if that is eligilbe, why not another Spanish GT1 contender:

-Hispano-Suiza-
Hispano-Suiza HS21 GTS ´02

Was a concept intended for Le Mans, but never really saw any production. A rolling prototype exists though.

EDIT: about the list; Maserati are listed twice.

Sure, that'll be included. And I'll fix the list too.

Last edited:
I've noticed something wrong in the list. The Volvo 760 Group A Race Car Concept was not made in 1985. It was made as a prototype before it was decided to use the 242 instead, and the first 242 Group A racer was made for the 1982 season. Not sure when the 760 Concept was made though.

I've asked the owner of THIS site, and hoping to get an answer soon.

Haha, sorry for making such a big thing out of such a small problem! :lol:

^There are actually a number of things that should be rectified in that list, but I really can´t be bothered. There are f ex quite a few dublicates in there. But hey! The more the merrier :)

You confirmed the addition on the list, but it's not in it. :dopey:

Whoops! I'll get right on that.

Mr.Lynx
^There are actually a number of things that should be rectified in that list,
Whaaaat?! And you just now decide to say something about it??!!:nervous: j/k, yeah I'm starting to find some problems I didn't see before. Just when I thought I had it perfect, theres another problem I just then discover, which is abit discouraging in stark contrast to what I thought was otherwise Flawless and perfect list:indiff:

Haha, it actually doesn´t matter very much. Keeping racecars apart can be very hard, and I think you´re doing great!

Well, just to be a wise-a**, here´s acouple of dublicates:
CvO are mention twice
The Toyota supra hybrid. Once as Toyota Supra HV-R Hybrid Race Car '07 and another as Toyota-Sard Supra HV-R Tokachi 24-Hour Race Car '07. Same car.
Porsche LMP2 '06 is the same as Porsche RS Spyder [Mk.1] LM Race Car '06

Oh, well... you may also check out one of my previous posts for a few new additions.

Haha, it actually doesn´t matter very much. Keeping racecars apart can be very hard, and I think you´re doing great!

Well, just to be a wise-a**, here´s acouple of dublicates:
CvO are mention twice
The Toyota supra hybrid. Once as Toyota Supra HV-R Hybrid Race Car '07 and another as Toyota-Sard Supra HV-R Tokachi 24-Hour Race Car '07. Same car.
Porsche LMP2 '06 is the same as Porsche RS Spyder [Mk.1] LM Race Car '06

Oh, well... you may also check out one of my previous posts for a few new additions.

List been revised. Duplicates have been removed and requests have been added. Hopefully, thats the last time I need to fix something wrong otherwise I'm gonna throw a fit.

A couple more:

-MONTE CARLO AUTOMOTIVE-
Mega Monte Carlo Race car ´98

A really rare piece of machinery. This was the only pic I could find of it, from it´s unveiling at the 24 hrs of Le Mans in ´98. It was supposed to race in ´99, but the rules changed, and that was the end of it.
I think only one was ever built.

-FERRARI-
Ferrari F50 GT ´96

Was built to compete against McLaren F1 GTR and Porsche 911 GT1 in the BPR and at Le Mans, but when Porsche launched their GT1 Evo, Merc stepped in with the CLK-GTR and Toyota and Nissan walked in with their Gt1 contenders, Ferrari pulled the plug on the project, since it was deemed to costly for Ferrari to compete both in GT racing and F1. Plus they had the 333SP in the works at the time.
Fun Fact: The F50 GT clocked faster laptimes during testing than the 333SP!

Ariel
Atom 500 Race Car
atom500.thumbnail.jpg

KTM
X-Bow GT4
2008-reiter-engineering-fia-gt4-oschersleben-01.jpg

3 generations of Xanavi NISMO GT-Rs from JGTC/SuperGT. Even though the 03 GT-R was in GT4 it deserves a come back to GT5.

Nissan
Xanavi NISMO
R34 GT-R (03 (top) and 02),
02_03_xanavi20nismo20gt-r_2.jpg

R35 GT-R
xanavi-supergt-01.jpg

[quote=a1PAPAOSA;3192165]-Holden-
Monaro VIP Pet Foods Drift Car '08 IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG][/quote]

-> I have a couple cars to match to that Monaro:

-RHYS MILLEN RACING-
RMR Pontiac GTO Formula D drift car '04
gto1.jpg

RMR Pontiac GTO D1GP-USA drift car '05
D1_PREVIEW_P2_16.jpg

I also have:

RMR Mitsubishi Lancer [CP9A] Evolution VI drift car '02

^ I was unable to find a pic or vid of this particular car, I think it was the first RWD Evo. But I know that this car exist, I regreted back in VWL V.4.5 to provide a link. :(

:sly:

List has been updated:tup:
Is it just ME ..!!!:rolleyes:'OR' did somebody miss something here...:sly::D

-Holden-
Monaro VIP Pet Foods Drift Car '08
picture.php

Is it just ME ..!!!:rolleyes:'OR' did somebody miss something here...:sly::D

lol, my mistake. I didn't necessarily say all of them have been added:sly: Besides, I've added the GTOs. Your Monaro has been added

-Ariel-
Atom 500 Race Car
atom500.thumbnail.jpg
^

-KTM-
X-Bow GT4
2008-reiter-engineering-fia-gt4-oschersleben-01.jpg

The Atom 500 has been added but the X-bow has been denied as its already on the list.

3 generations of Xanavi NISMO GT-Rs from JGTC/SuperGT. Even though the 03 GT-R was in GT4 it deserves a come back to GT5.

Nissan
Xanavi NISMO
R34 GT-R (03 (top) and 02),
02_03_xanavi20nismo20gt-r_2.jpg

R35 GT-R
xanavi-supergt-01.jpg

Sorry, all three are already on the list and since the Xanavi Nismo GT-R from 03 was on GT4, it'll mostly likely be back on GT5. List denied

A couple more:

-MONTE CARLO AUTOMOTIVE-
Mega Monte Carlo Race car ´98

A really rare piece of machinery. This was the only pic I could find of it, from it´s unveiling at the 24 hrs of Le Mans in ´98. It was supposed to race in ´99, but the rules changed, and that was the end of it.
I think only one was ever built.

-FERRARI-
Ferrari F50 GT ´96

Was built to compete against McLaren F1 GTR and Porsche 911 GT1 in the BPR and at Le Mans, but when Porsche launched their GT1 Evo, Merc stepped in with the CLK-GTR and Toyota and Nissan walked in with their Gt1 contenders, Ferrari pulled the plug on the project, since it was deemed to costly for Ferrari to compete both in GT racing and F1. Plus they had the 333SP in the works at the time.
Fun Fact: The F50 GT clocked faster laptimes during testing than the 333SP!

I always thought that particular F50 was a race car, but I wasn't exactly sure. And the Monte Carlo Race car, another great looking car thats never seen the track along with the Snobeck LM 01. Was there any particular powerplant it had or that was announced for it?

List is up-to-date 👍

Last edited:
I always thought that particular F50 was a race car, but I wasn't exactly sure. And the Monte Carlo Race car, another great looking car thats never seen the track along with the Snobeck LM 01. Was there any particular powerplant it had or that was announced for it?

List is up-to-date 👍

As far as I have managed to find any info at all about the Mega Monte Carlo race car, I think it had the same engine as the roadgoing variant, a 6 litre Merc V12, wich in that case would mean the same as the CLK-GTR.

Last edited:
-MARMON-
Marmon Wasp Indy car '11

-OLDSMOBILE-
Oldsmobile Pirate '03
Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Club Coupe stock car '50
Oldsmobile Super 88 Convertible stock car '57
Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday 2dr. hardtop stock car '59
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme "Colonnade" stock car '79
Oldsmobile Aerotech Longtail record car '87
Oldsmobile Delta 88 stock car '87
Oldsmobile Toronado Trans-Am racecar '87
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme stock car '88

lol, my mistake. I didn't necessarily say all of them have been added:sly: Besides, I've added the GTOs. Your Monaro has been added
All good mate,I thought I may have posted it wrong...:sly::)

I'd really like to see the Racing Modification tune-up feature from Gran Turismo 2 return. It was like the icing on the cake when it came to weight reduction. It'd be nice if the original Mini Cooper and the Aston Martin DB5 showed up again.

The first 10 of many Ferrari race cars I'll submit (I'm reading through a book covering the company's history :D). Instead of putting the redundant "race car" in the car's name, I put the series it competed in in parenthesis; take that however you like.

-Ferrari-
Ferrari 125 S '47
Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta (chassis 0008 M) '49
Ferrari 166 Series II '53 (Mille Miglia)
Ferrari 250S '52 (Mille Miglia, 12 Hours of Pescara, Carrera Panamericana, Le Mans)
Ferrari 340MM '53 (Le Mans)
Ferrari 375MM berlinetta (chassis 0318 AM) '53 (Le Mans)
Ferrari 375 Plus '54 (Le Mans)
Ferrari 410 S (1000km Buenos Aires, SCCA Championship)
Ferrari 500 Mondial '54 (Sports World Championship)
Ferrari 850 Monda '56 (12 Hrs Sebring, Mille Miglia, Sports World Championship)

The first 10 of many Ferrari race cars I'll submit (I'm reading through a book covering the company's history :D). Instead of putting the redundant "race car" in the car's name, I put the series it competed in in parenthesis; take that however you like.

Hope the rest of the cars you request aren't already listed. As for the "Race Car" name, I think putting that will let people be sure that this is the Race car list so they don't put road cars here. You know how some people can't get the hint ;)

I hear you about people tending to not read a topic's full title. And I do read through the list before posting my own submissions.

-CHEVROLET NORTH AMERICA-
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 GT1 Racecar ´95

-HONDA MOTOR COMPANY JAPAN-
Honda NSX LMGT1 Racecar ´95

-NISSAN JAPAN-
Nissan Skyline GT-R LM GT1 Racecar ´95

-TOYOTA JAPAN-
Toyota Supra LMGT1 Racecar ´95
SARD MC8R GT1 Racecar ´95

There is also a small mistake in JAGUAR; the XJ220S TWR is not ´04, it´s ´94 AFAIK.

Despite the fact that I will endeavor never to use a race car until I get to LMP classes in GT5, and instead will buy road cars and make my own racing cars then post them in TLD-R, I like the 3000GT, but there aren't any real race cars of it.

-Mitsubishi Japan-
Mitsubishi 3000GT LM Edition '99 (from GT1 and 2)

RACECAR
-CHEVROLET NORTH AMERICA-
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 GT1 Racecar ´95^

-HONDA MOTOR COMPANY JAPAN-
Honda NSX LMGT1 Racecar ´95^

-NISSAN JAPAN-
Nissan Skyline GT-R LM GT1 Racecar ´95^

-TOYOTA JAPAN-
Toyota Supra LMGT1 Racecar ´95^
SARD MC8R GT1 Racecar ´95^

-Mitsubishi Japan-
Mitsubishi 3000GT LM Edition '99 (from GT1 and 2)^

All have been added

Mr.Lynx
There is also a small mistake in JAGUAR; the XJ220S TWR is not ´04, it´s ´94 AFAIK

Once again, you've took the time to find a small flaw, lol. Its been corrected

The Ascari A10, what a beautiful looking and sounding car.

If thats a request, it would appear you've completely missed the first post, which specifically stated:

RACECAR
Please post requests in this format:

Make
Model

Any request posted in a format other then this will be denied instantly.

Please remember to do so in the future.

Despite the fact that I will endeavor never to use a race car until I get to LMP classes in GT5, and instead will buy road cars and make my own racing cars then post them in TLD-R, I like the 3000GT, but there aren't any real race cars of it.

Thats ok since I didn't specifically state disallowing the Fictional cars. list updated 👍

Also, I'm thinking of changing "Toyota Europe" to "Toyota Team Europe" since this list deals with race cars. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back