"The real racing simulator" vs...

• Thread starter Lawndart
  • 31 comments
I have to admit that I haven't been going through the car list like I did in GT5, because in Spec II, we got some nice Course Maker environs, and I made more than 50 tracks - obviously some had to go because there's a 50 track save limit. Anyway, what I did was begin racing in Arcade Mode, and I literally went through several hundred cars, modding and racing them against the bots - standing starts! And for a good year straight, hardly any A-Spec racing, so I got to experience all those cars in their auditory glory. Or lack thereof.

GT6 is a very different critter. No course Maker yet, and Arcade is gimped with 10 cars max in a race, sadly. So mostly I've been going through sports cars and race cars which suit IA-Class races, and there aren't a whole ton. But what I did race sounded pretty good to me. I know I've heard cars with bad engine sounds, but that hasn't been the majority of them. So far.

As for what we'll get in this regard in GT7, and what might trickle into GT6, who knows? As the naysayers have stated, it may be only a taste of it. If it means some decent racing series in GT6, well, that would be a nice taste. And if we get an Event Maker, we can create a little more of it ourselves, an even better taste. With online racing leagues, hopefully with Race Mod and some kind of Livery Editor, an even better taste.

We'll find out as the days wear on and GT6 grows before our eyes. And I would reiterate what some people insist around here, that if you don't ask of Kaz and PD, you won't receive. Well, I'm askin'. ;)

Back