The Realistic Photo Thread (READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

• Thread starter ECGadget
  • 8,940 comments
Hi, I was wondering how people like you great photographers manage to get really photo realistic screenshots?

Like for example this one below, was this all done on GT6 or used on another editing program?

11270685014_1c1f461f92_h.jpg

This the raw unedited shot from GT6. Just some slight curve work and artifact reducing was done to it.

Request:

Could anyone make one of these in game?

View attachment 88733

Maybe one where the whole car is in the pic. Also, is it possible to get some from the following?

Donlop Bridge looking back towards the start line with stands in background (reference) (maybe with the Audi terrace that's on the left too)

View attachment 88739

Driving just up to start line from the perspective of the Ferris wheel.. 3:00PM, dusk, night, dawn a bit on the left side though looking into the pits almost.

View attachment 88737

And a few of these at 3:00 PM, dusk, night, before dawn, dawn, but with the left side stands in.. And a bit zoomed in on the car.
View attachment 88734

Also, I took one of these a while ago. Is it possible to do the same except with the front of the car?

View attachment 88735

And maybe one of these, same condition as picture...

View attachment 88738

All request with the 2011 Audi R18 Ultra. Not the 15 anniv, or the proto.. I just don't have the capabilities to get the shot in my mind to a screen.

Anyways, this is from GT5, but I think it looks good...
View attachment 88740

Here you go! They were surprisingly difficult to recreate, but i hope you like them!

I tried to get the wheel of the ground, but i didn't suceed

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6
by BirelChris, on Flickr

The camera couldn't go high enough, so i just had to stick with this default angle :/

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5
by BirelChris, on Flickr

Again the camera couldn't go very high, so this was the best angle i could get

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2
by BirelChris, on Flickr

I took one of these at dawn aswell, but i don't wanna spam the thread with many similar photos. You can check my Flickr for that photo

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013
by BirelChris, on Flickr

I also took two of these. This one doesn't have the same weather condition as the real picture, but it came of better i think

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_4
by BirelChris, on Flickr

Then the recreation of your photo

High Speed Ring
by BirelChris, on Flickr

Hope you liked them @Swagger897

Last edited:
Here you go! They were surprisingly difficult to recreate, but i hope you like them!

I tried to get the wheel of the ground, but i didn't suceed

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6
by BirelChris, on Flickr

The camera couldn't go high enough, so i just had to stick with this default angle :/

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5
by BirelChris, on Flickr

Again the camera couldn't go very high, so this was the best angle i could get

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2
by BirelChris, on Flickr

I took one of these at dawn aswell, but i don't wanna spam the thread with many similar photos. You can check my Flickr for that photo

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013
by BirelChris, on Flickr

I also took to of these. This one doesn't have the same weather condition as the real picture, but it came of better i think

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_4
by BirelChris, on Flickr

Then the recreation of your photo

High Speed Ring
by BirelChris, on Flickr

Hope you liked them @Swagger897

Huminah huminah huminah huminah huminah huminah huminah huminah huminah....

Thanks a lot! I haven't been able to get much time with the game as my ps3 is sixty miles away yet the disc is five feet away

Deleted, this is for some "shop" giving that realistic look type of pictures...this was not for this thread. Out of place so removed.

Last edited:
Instead of making a whole thread for this I decided that this is the correct place. First of all the pictures are not good, not edited just cut them to match the real ones. In my head what looks or is realistic is when you are using the real angle of a real person in a real place to take the picture...all those "flying shots" are cool from a magazine but unrealistic in the sense of "you can´t do that with your camera in your hands". (shots for magazines are made with cars following cars with sticks holding special professional cameras and then edited)

With that said...that happened a couple of minutes ago and reminded me of what you are going to see...so again despite the low quality...enjoy the physics of this game in action.
Also it is impossible to take the very same angles in those pictures because all are taken from the outside of the track and with different hight.

Y6dpLRc.jpg

Bf0U1hK.jpg

k4pIgRA.jpg

CId0kee.jpg

Gmcc3S2.jpg

0uo7bqb.jpg

The very same exact spot...the very same cool little jump in the very same way. PD is incredible.

PS: Sorry to disrupt your amazing realistic images. Keep doing them. (I use to grab some to use as screensaver sometimes, or use my own non edited)
I believe the realistic your thinking of is photo-realistic. But I do appreciate your input and would like to see a thread pertaining to that sort of photography. If only I could get an LMP2 to jump four feet into the air as on did at this years 24 hours of Le Mans..

Back