The Realistic Photo Thread

• Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
DonZonda
I can't really understand your problem? every regular proper internet speed loads them within seconds. when I open them in full HD it takes just a glimpse and they are opend... do you use some other device or is your internet just slow? Just asking...

Besides that the OP specified a resolution when creating the thread to avoid exactly this.

Medium on Flickr is like 500px wide or something...

Besides that the OP specified a resolution when creating the thread to avoid exactly this.

Medium on Flickr is like 500px wide or something...

+1 On this post, the OP clearly states that he prefers your images to be no wider than 640 px which is one of the "share" choices on Flickr, medium is both 500 and 640, you could choose whatever you want. And I mean, it's not that much of a big deal since almost everyone ignores the OP, but it's still there, a year and half later.

+1 On this post, the OP clearly states that he prefers your images to be no wider than 640 px which is one of the "share" choices on Flickr, medium is both 500 and 640, you could choose whatever you want. And I mean, it's not that much of a big deal since almost everyone ignores the OP, but it's still there, a year and half later.

+1, I agree!

DonZonda
I can't really understand your problem? every regular proper internet speed loads them within seconds. when I open them in full HD it takes just a glimpse and they are opend... do you use some other device or is your internet just slow? Just asking...

You are Kidding Right.Not all.of Us have Mega Fast Internet Speeds You know

I never know when one of these " not realistic " posts is directed at me....If so please just suggest nicely that I move it. I wouldn't post it here if I didn't think it had a "realistic" feel
I know I'm not one of the best here but I am improving. I think both of my last two are realistic...the Jaguar is supposed to look like it's cruising through London.. and I was sure the Silvia is realistic

I think the points that are being made are not intended to pick out any 'individuals' as such, just the overall general trend this thread has 'dumbed down' to, I mean over 11000 posts!!!!! :ouch: come on.
The OP has clearly stated all the points about preview size and regardless of internet speeds there is NO NEED whatsoever to post full size pics here....( or in any other thread actually ) Just see the quality of the early days' stuff compared to today.
The 'realism' thing is another bone of contention with most people who like to drop in here from time to time ..myself included... and I find that I'm picking out 1 or 2 posts per page worthy of being here. What you may consider an amazing photo doesn't necessarily maketh a "real" photo :indiff:

Andrezz had a point ... and a good old rant lol...but I feel his frustration so please understand why members like bmxmitch felt the need to start up another thread ... credibilty here is low sadly. my 2 cents has well and truly been spent :/

Okay, here do we have 3 shots by 2 photographers, as well as them being Flickr users... Is it really too hard to do just that? (setting aside that someone perhaps not wanting to use a Yahoo product)

Oh, and great shots Pascal and Joris. 👍

Here is my latest effort. Hopefully my post doesn't cause someone to stroke out! LOL!

Nissan300ZWhite_12-1.png

}:^{>

So I take it when I use tinypic for uploading mine, that just doesn't resize like it should? I usually always pick the url it gives me for message board posting.:nervous:

I think the points that are being made are not intended to pick out any 'individuals' as such, just the overall general trend this thread has 'dumbed down' to, I mean over 11000 posts!!!!! :ouch: come on.
The OP has clearly stated all the points about preview size and regardless of internet speeds there is NO NEED whatsoever to post full size pics here....( or in any other thread actually ) Just see the quality of the early days' stuff compared to today.
The 'realism' thing is another bone of contention with most people who like to drop in here from time to time ..myself included... and I find that I'm picking out 1 or 2 posts per page worthy of being here. What you may consider an amazing photo doesn't necessarily maketh a "real" photo :indiff:

Andrezz had a point ... and a good old rant lol...but I feel his frustration so please understand why members like bmxmitch felt the need to start up another thread ... credibilty here is low sadly. my 2 cents has well and truly been spent :/

Well said and also, way too often! :rolleyes:

here are my two cents (in form of a picture ;))

Back