The Realistic Photo Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omamder5
  • 24,078 comments
  • 2,734,437 views


Pixelation ruins an otherwise perfect picture. :grumpy:

At least it looks nice when small.
 
8036910196_8201ffd021_z.jpg
 

Korn your shots are awesome, I haven't seen one yet that hasn't been great!
 
^Fantastic page so far everyone:tup:.





8038002547_ff21262892_b.jpg


8038010630_7e64453537_b.jpg


8038003456_7a2ed59fcb_b.jpg


​
 
Some more from me, can you plase tell me if im getting better?

AutodromoNazionaleMonzaedit.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3edit.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid-Mini_2edit-1.jpg

CircuitodeMadrid-Miniedit-1.jpg

ClubmanStageRoute5_1edit.jpg

CtedAzur_1edit.jpg

KartSpace_1edit.jpg

KartSpaceedit.jpg

KartSpace_2edit.jpg
 
I'll be honest - they're not what I would call realistic... especially the three shots of the Jaguar LM car on an indoor karting track :boggled:
 
Touring Mars
I'll be honest - they're not what I would call realistic... especially the three shots of the Jaguar LM car on an indoor karting track :boggled:

Yeah maybe your right about the Jaguar ones. Do you have any pointers as to how I could improve the others?
 
Yeah maybe your right about the Jaguar ones. Do you have any pointers as to how I could improve the others?

I find it next to impossible to get realistic shots straight from GT5, hence I always used Photoshop to enhance my shots (before I lost Photoshop anyway :( ) ... don't be afraid to crop your images and resize them (you are a cropper, after all ;) ) - sometimes a smaller shot can sharpen things up a bit. Avoid wet circuits unless you're brilliant at editting... every image I've ever attempted on a wet circuit looks horrible... try using circuits that have changable lighting, like Spa, Le Sarthe, Nurb and see what you can do with different time/cloud settings.

Otherwise, just check out as many galleries as you can and see what others are doing in terms of composition, editting etc. and you'll not go too far wrong... everyone has their own personal view as to what 'realistic' is, but I personally like understated shots with subtle editting that just look 'normal' as opposed to what you might often get from the Photomode locations i.e. ultrasharp 'showroom-like' images...

This is a good example of what I'd call realistic...

8037648963_62d033b9ed.jpg


... looks like an image cut straight out of a car magazine.
 
Right will do. I get the feeling im never gonna get good at this!
 
I agree with NBDESIGN, but the only thing is that the front window looks really weird, a little bit over the top. But the rest looks perfect DarkR!
 
Agree with the front window, but overall just a great job on that one.
 
Thanks guys, about the front windows I forgot to lower the opacity of that layer :p
 

Great photo but I don't think it belongs in this thread, how can it be classed as a realistic GT5 photo if its edited like that
 
Back