The Realistic Racing Car Thread

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 274 comments
Instead of simply bitching on effort other people have made, maybe make your 'critisism' more constructive.

It was constructive... I pointed out why certain photos don't look realistic, did you miss that by any chance?

Immensity
If you know so well how to make a picture made with GT Photomode look more realistic.
I never claimed that, but I do know how.

Immensity
Don't forget that there's people here that have not studied photography, or are a master at Photoshop
I know most people here don't have any photographic skill (myself included), and you most certainly don't need to be a master of image editing to take a picture that looks realistic.

I personally thing that a generalising statement like "the exposure's too high, the contrast and saturation are too high, and miniature definitely is NOT realistic" is not really contructive, when talking about more than 15 images.

But, but but but, Most of the photos I was talking about did have high exposure, contrast and saturation.......something you don't see IRL

Immensity
My main point is, that I would've liked to see AOS- contribute to the thread in a more positive way, considering the fact that he probably knows a thing or two about image-editing. He wouldn't make a comment like that if he didn't, right?
I do know a thing about image-editing, I haven't had time to post photos yet, I'll do so next week.

Immensity
I'm also sure that AOS- is probably a nice guy in real life, so let me make it clear that I have nothing against him personally :

Pity statement to not look like an offender who fully erupted at a response.....See Quote 1 of this post 👎

That last statement made me reconsider my statement of you probably being a nice guy.
I guess you're not.

A teacher could say to everyone in a class that all sorts of stuff is wrong with their work, but the students still wouldn't know who did what wrong.

I guess you failed to see that was the point I was trying to make.

5a48rk.jpg

I guess you failed to see that was the point I was trying to make.

Then I recommend that you make it clearer, because I clearly didn't get it when you type out an analogy without explaining how it relates back to the subject.

Then I recommend that you make it clearer, because I clearly didn't get it when you type out an analogy without explaining how it relates back to the subject.

So, you gonna post any pictures that show how it should be done then or quote pictures and give advice on how they could improve, or you just gonna be an arrogant prick?

What do you mean with the wheels?

The lighting on the wheels with rotational blur is rendered smoother than what you'd see irl. The tires are in general brighter and duller than what you would see irl. Tires also don't absorb light like matte plastic. If tires were to be that bright (like where the brightest point is), I think you'd need to polish the tires like mad. but even so, you won't have that gradient. That's just how tires are rendered in GT and white lighting, can't really be helped.

How does this one do for realism?

Superspeedway-Indy-1.jpg

All I did (using Photobucket.com online tools) was tweak the saturation a bit, add a touch of cross processing and a sniff of film grain just to give it a little texture. I have a feeling it's turned into more of an old / slightly faded photo rather than being realistic but you never know..

Back