The Red GT3 Case

• Thread starter D_gamer725
  • 47 comments
I don't think i've seen that one like that, and i don't know why this is in the site feedback forum?

Reported

:confused:I just want to know if anyone else here has a Red GT3 Game Case with the picture of a RUF headlight turned sideways?:confused:

Why?! Why would you want to know that? And, assuming there is a right place for this thread, this forum isn't it. Probably the forum entitled "Gran Turismo 3".

EDIT

As it happens, it looks like ceiling_fan happens to possess a copy:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99016

Your quest is over.

Smooth. You might as well have yelled "I've just hit the silent alarm! I've just hit the silent alarm!" at the top of your voice.

:confused:I just want to know if anyone else here has a Red GT3 Game Case with the picture of a RUF headlight turned sideways?:confused:

Everyone in the PAL region. NTSC (USA, Canada, Japan) got a blue box with an Acura on it.

Any particular reason for the enquiry and associated confusion?

Do you mean like this:
Image removed - causing unwanted popups

I have one like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it as well. 👍
But what is it? I always thought it was a S2000 taillight or something. Meh, I guess I couldn't be bothered at all..... :indiff:

I have it as well. 👍
But what is it? I always thought it was a S2000 taillight or something. Meh, I guess I couldn't be bothered at all..... :indiff:

If only there was some sort of clue...

Guys, i am only guessing that's the one he's talking about, if it is though, i would never have guessed it was an RUF headlight. :odd:

Smooth. You might as well have yelled "I've just hit the silent alarm! I've just hit the silent alarm!" at the top of your voice.

I thought you were supposed to note when you reported so that others don't feel the need to report it as well and give the mods more of a hassle.

I've got a copy. I bought the PS2 package that included Gran Turismo 3, and the box and game cover were decorated with Porsche.

Hey! I have that cover!

:):):):)

I think mine was part of the platinum range though.:(

Congrats on having it though.👍

Im currently bidding on a Japan copy thats sealed. I gotta have it for my collection!

Yea it hasnt been that long. I just happened to find a sealed Japanese red box and remembered this thread.

'cos PAL users are intrinsically cooler than NTSC users. Sorry to have to break that to you.

Its really just to make up for the release delays. You guys are just suckers for a different box.

Im just a pure enthusiast. If GT5 will have a limited edition version I will own it.

This reminds me of a time when I reserved Metal Gear Solid 3 Substance Lmtd ed. I reserved a limited box with all the fan "crap" and when I went to pick it up they told me they had me down for the regular and all the LEs were sold out. I was absolutely furious. I said "What would be the point of me reserving a regular copy?" Ay but thats not the first time gamestop has screwed me over. A couple of weeks later I found the same limited ed. package online on ebay and amazon for $200. Somebody derserved a beat-down but I held my composure.:grumpy:

EDIT

As it happens, it looks like ceiling_fan happens to possess a copy:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99016

Your quest is over.

A bit late for me to notice, but thanks for the advertisement! :dopey:

Im just a pure enthusiast. If GT5 will have a limited edition version I will own it.

I'm in the same boat. That's why I'll have the different versions of GT5:P when they're released. Hard to explain really... I think Famine has one of the widest collections of GT games.

Well I received the Japanese Red box today and its pretty cool to see all the foreign text on the back and the (FOR JAPAN ONLY) barcode label. Also it came with a reference guide which is pretty freakin sweat. It has almost 200pgs covered in Japanese, cars and pics on each page. Im pretty sure its giving full descriptions, specs and history of each vehicle.

In the very front it shows some nicely detailed illustrations of performance parts available in the game. Im also taking an educated guess that it gives a full detailed description of what these parts do and why they maybe necessary. Im kinda debating rather I should take the plastic wrapping off the GT case. Just to check out the direction booklet. I didnt buy it to play it but just to add to my GT collection and overall car "crap" wall. But I wonder how different things like menus and display screens are in th J Version of GT and the overall layout also.

i've got it too. got it with my first ps2 in a bundle.

Yea but it would be pretty easy to get since your in Australia. This is the Japanese version and I would never come across this in my area. Infact it cant even be sold in the states unless bought from a third party.

Edit: Do they sell have the Japanese ver. [J] in Aus? Or would it be [PAL]?

Back