The Red GT3 Case

• Thread starter D_gamer725
  • 47 comments
Red NTSC/U/C GT3 can be bought anywhere, its not hard to find. But the NTSC/J version is entirely different, especially in North America. This is why I've left mines sealed along with the JPN reference guide.

I saw one in Gamestop (at this point already owning a normal GT3) and laughed it off, thinking it to be bootleg. Interesting to know it was authentic. Makes me wonder about the Hot Pursuit II cases with a Ferrari instead of a Murcy.

I have an original Japanese GT3 and it came in a normal Black PS2 case with the red RUF headlight sideways... I got it on launch with a thick GT3 car guide book with a Clio interior on the front... see it in my gallery in my sig..

Robin

My NTSC[J] Japanese copy with car and parts guide in perfect factory sealed condition. (cell phone pics:dopey:)

gtjpn2.jpg

Under the barcode it says "FOR JAPAN ONLY". Everything is in Japanese except the automotive marques, title, slogan, rights.

gtjpn4.jpg

Love the car guide! Literature in Japanese also.

gtjpn3.jpg

NTSC[J] Label and a peak of the detailed parts guide and illustrations. (sorry couldn't focus with the phone)

gtjpn1.jpg

fin.​

Yes, it is, except mines is Japanese with full original cover/art, if you look around the bottom of the PAL's labels theres no simularity, its in english..,

And the backs are entirely different. Well, not so similar after all I guess.

:confused:I just want to know if anyone else here has a Red GT3 Game Case with the picture of a RUF headlight turned sideways?:confused:

Yep! I own the original PS2 Red game case your talking about.
Bundled in with my PS2. The whole thing cost me around £400.:scared:

My NTSC[J] Japanese copy with car and parts guide in perfect factory sealed condition. (cell phone pics:dopey:)

My NTSC/J version (launch) doesn't have the silver bar at the top, is that one a japanese version of platinum?

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

This thread made me get out my reference guide and flick through it for the first time in a ages, for that you get kudos! ;)

I got my red case with the PS2/GT3 combo package. But it does have pictures on the back cover and the standard bluish booklet inside.

Not quite. What our bundle had was the standard back cover:

197470_back.jpg

But with the red-cased background instead of the normal black. I can't seem to find a picture of it on Google.

I wonder...what's the car on the cover of the red GT3 case?

NTSC-U/C SCUS-97102 = Acura cover / Black case
NTSC-U/C PBPX-95503 = Ruf cover / Black case (Bundle)
NTSC-U/C SCUS-97102 = Acura cover / Black case (Greatest Hits)
39728932_org.v1275466517.jpg

PAL SCES-50294 = Ruf cover / Black case
PAL SCES-50294 = Ruf cover / Red case (Bundle)
PAL SCES-50294 = Ruf cover / Silver case (Platinum)
39728939_org.v1275466526.jpg

NTSC-J SCPS-15009 Ruf cover / Black case
NTSC-J PBPX-95502 Ruf cover / Black case (Bundle)
NTSC-J SCPS-72001 Ruf cover / Black case (Mega Hits)
39727549_org.v1275465378.jpg

NTSC-J SCPS-55007 (SE Asia) = Ruf cover / Black case (No photo)

39726744_org.v1275464530.jpg

Last edited:
Back