The Renault Clio RS '11 and Megane RS '11 are amazing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thomasss95
  • 32 comments
  • 5,442 views
Messages
632
Netherlands
The Netherlands
Am I the only one who loves those two cars?
They feel so nice to drive with.
It's nice to have sush good hatchbacks, because I like them a lot! ;)

What's your opinion on these cars?

EDIT:
Does anyone have a nice 450pp tune for the Clio RS?
 
Last edited:
I really like the Clio - I took it around Cote d'Azur a short while ago, and the handling was excellent - certainly up there as far as FFs go.

I was rather less enamoured with the Megane, however - I've only driven it a couple of times (and they were a while ago at that), but it seemed to be a bit understeery from what I recall (which isn't hugely helpful).

Maybe I just need to get used to the Megane. Personally, I think the Focus ST '13 is a better handling car, although it has that annoying and bizarrely long 5th gear. According to discussions here, it is incorrectly modelled. I'll give the Megane another crack at some point though.
 
Thanks for the reply! :)
I will try the Focus too.
 
I just did a couple of laps at the Nordschleife with my Clio RS (with variable time and weather, HUD off) and was actually thinking that it was the best moment I had in GT6 so far.

Here's to the little Clio. :cheers:

​
 
I was amazed with how fast the Clio gets around corners. I did some hot laps around Suzuka on Sport Hards in a stock one and ran a best time of 2:29.694
 
Agree with you 100% ,very overlooked cars.
 
I just did a couple of laps at the Nordschleife with my Clio RS (with variable time and weather, HUD off) and was actually thinking that it was the best moment I had in GT6 so far.

Here's to the little Clio. :cheers:

​

Wow that's crazy. I actually just done that too! Except mine was yellow :p
Didn't even realise that I've gone almost an hour just hustling the little guy around. I had a blast.
All stock except an oil change, comfort mediums all around. All aids off, all huds off, cockpit view.
 
Nice to see more people like te Clio RS! :)
You should try the Megane RS too, it feels a little heavier though...
The Clio feels more agile in my opinion.
 
I like the Clio a lot better ingame than the Megane. The Megane by PD does no justice to the real thing, IRL it's much more lively and hardly understeers at all, unless you really overdo it (especially the Cup version with LSD, which the Trophy is 99.99% identical to). I drove the same car in pCARS and that one is a lot more spot on!

My real life reference is this baby BTW. Not 100% identical, because 250HP as opposed to the Trophy's 265, but close enough in terms of handling (exact same chassis).

Also note that most of the FF cars are off in GT6, it's almost impossible to make it snap oversteer when slamming the brakes (which is what many FF cars, including the RS do) or lifting off, instead it just keeps on understeering. I tried a couple with both ABS on/off, and it doesn't really make a difference.
 
I like the Clio a lot better ingame than the Megane. The Megane by PD does no justice to the real thing, IRL it's much more lively and hardly understeers at all, unless you really overdo it (especially the Cup version with LSD, which the Trophy is 99.99% identical to). I drove the same car in pCARS and that one is a lot more spot on!

My real life reference is this baby BTW. Not 100% identical, because 250HP as opposed to the Trophy's 265, but close enough in terms of handling (exact same chassis).

Also note that most of the FF cars are off in GT6, it's almost impossible to make it snap oversteer when slamming the brakes (which is what many FF cars, including the RS do) or lifting off, instead it just keeps on understeering. I tried a couple with both ABS on/off, and it doesn't really make a difference.
Zeer fraaie auto! ;)
I agree the Clio RS drives better in-game. It feels more fun to drive with, but I like the looks of the Megane more and it still drives pretty well in-game too.
 
Thanks! And I too love it in-game, even though it doesn't match real life. 👍 An online Clio Cup or Mégane Cup event would be nice. :D
 
I was happy to see my real life car in the game (Megane RS Cup). But I was shocked to hear the sound. The car sounds like some electronical device in the game. Horrible. In real life the car has a very loud growl.

And I agree about the Clio RS. There is a reason why Top Gear magazine made this the ultimate Hot Hatch. Unfortunately the new one (1.6 turbo) is a lot more civilized.
 
I was happy to see my real life car in the game (Megane RS Cup). But I was shocked to hear the sound. The car sounds like some electronical device in the game. Horrible. In real life the car has a very loud growl.

And I agree about the Clio RS. There is a reason why Top Gear magazine made this the ultimate Hot Hatch. Unfortunately the new one (1.6 turbo) is a lot more civilized.
I drove the new 1.6 recently and it's a really nice car, but in my opinion totally different from the "old" one.
Which is a shame I think... :(
 
Had a lot of fun online with 2 clio's.
If you make a fault youre not miles behind.
 
Used the Megane in a splitscreen race on Matterhorn. It has one little issue... on heavy braking the back end comes flying up, just like the AI do in some races :eek:
 
Hard to criticise any particular car as FWD physics are FUBAR'd in GT6 as they have been in previous versions of GT.

The Megane however, is a understeering sledge... useless car.
 
Hard to criticise any particular car as FWD physics are FUBAR'd in GT6 as they have been in previous versions of GT.

The Megane however, is a understeering sledge... useless car.
You should give the Clio RS '11 a try, because that one understeers far less then the Megane RS in my opinion.
 
Hard to criticise any particular car as FWD physics are FUBAR'd in GT6 as they have been in previous versions of GT.

The Megane however, is a understeering sledge... useless car.
True this, I just tried some tuning to see if I can induce some proper lift off oversteer, or make the back come out heavily. I set brake balance to 1/10, removed some weight and added the same amount in front. Also lowered the car on front. This setup should easily lock up the rear brakes before the front ones, but it just doesn't. Back does come out a bit, but it keeps on understeering. Physics are definitely borked.
 
I've been told the gearing and LSD is off on the Megane.
The GT6 Nordschleife times don't come close to the record FWD time set with it.
 
I absolutely love the Clio. :D
A 500bhp FF beast.
 
No actually I don't. Just set it up properly and never but never floor the throttle in corners, you'll go straight forward then...
 
Does anyone have a nice 450pp tune for the Clio RS?
 
I think FF cars in general are awful to drive, but those them are one of the best of the FF lot and they are "driveable"

And any of those cars with the likes of 400 HP or more, are likely to become undriveable because the front wheels usually can't handle so much power.
 
I was particularly SHOCKED when I realized how big my smile was as I was winning more and more races with the new Clio RS.

Definitely one of the most extremely fun cars in GT6 👍
 
For anyone interested in the difference between the Clio and Megane, I posted earlier about the Clio but I just now finished testing the Megane at Suzuka as well. I'm sure there are better drivers out there. Strap on a set of Sport Hard tires and try to beat my times! The Clio is 3 seconds slower, but it's the one I'd rather own. The Megane really hates going around a corner.

2:26.567 - '11 Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy - 261 hp @ 5500 rpm, 266 ft-lbs @ 3000 rpm, 1387 kg, 440 pp
2:29.694 - '11 Renault Sport Clio R.S. - 199 hp @ 7000 rpm, 158 ft-lbs @ 5500 rpm, 1240 kg, 403 pp
 
I was particularly SHOCKED when I realized how big my smile was as I was winning more and more races with the new Clio RS.

Definitely one of the most extremely fun cars in GT6 👍
I couldn't agree more.
The Clio is just so much fun! :)
 
For anyone interested in the difference between the Clio and Megane, I posted earlier about the Clio but I just now finished testing the Megane at Suzuka as well. I'm sure there are better drivers out there. Strap on a set of Sport Hard tires and try to beat my times! The Clio is 3 seconds slower, but it's the one I'd rather own. The Megane really hates going around a corner.

2:26.567 - '11 Renault Sport Megane R.S. Trophy - 261 hp @ 5500 rpm, 266 ft-lbs @ 3000 rpm, 1387 kg, 440 pp
2:29.694 - '11 Renault Sport Clio R.S. - 199 hp @ 7000 rpm, 158 ft-lbs @ 5500 rpm, 1240 kg, 403 pp
The Clio is/feels much faster in the corners, but the power of the Megane is faster on the straights ofcourse.
Nice comparison!
 
Back