The return of Seattle City Circuit, Hong Kong and City d'Aria

It'd be cool of they recreated the whole of Route 66 like it was back in the 60s to cruise on or some highways in Europe.

I had exactly this idea a little while ago :D My only concern was that it would get a touch long-winded and drawn out - it's definitely something that could work though.

I spent most of my childhood in and out of juvi, doesn't mean I want to return to it!!! Live in the now, not the past! This is why the GT series gets mocked by so many, because they seem to stick with the past so much. I still find it hard to believe that it has took 6 main titles to put Silverstone in! The game needs new content, not old stuff.

The GT series is specifically mocked for sticking with the past? -The only sense in which I have noticed such a phenomenon is in regards to "standard" cars and tracks. That's not so much a criticism of old content over new as quality over ... lack of it. I suppose GT also receives some criticism for a lack of a livery editor and similar details too, but that's neither here nor there with me.

Personally, I don't find value in racing on a new track over an old one. As long as there is a good deal of variety among the lot. I also don't value racing on a track that happens to be raced on by F1 cars (or any other televised form of racing for that matter). Silverstone hasn't added much to the game for me, and neither has Willow Springs. Ditto for Top Gear

I'd like to have another run or two at Seattle I suppose. That was a street circuit that offered a little more in terms of a straight, an ascent and a descent, and a few hairpins. The current lot of street circuits are dull in comparison.

Last edited:
Seeing as a few of us are talking about the inclusion of Route 66 and other great courses they would like to have included, this is what I would like to see....I did post this in another thread but without much response....

With the inclusion of the Goodwood Hill Climb and the Lunar missions in GT6, both wonderful short tests of skill and speed, it got me thinking as to what other short form events and driving experiences I would like to see in the game....

1. ROC (Race of Champions), with the GT Arena now in the game, making a slightly larger stadium layout with tight and twisty layouts would not be hard for Polyphony to accomplish. For me it would be a great format to compete as a single player against good AI and even online against friends. It would also allow for the possibility of a great online championship!

2. The return of Pikes Peak Hill Climb! Any other suggestions for Hill Climb events?

Also I would like to see included is a series of the best driving mountain roads in the world, I realize PD might not put these in the game but perhaps with the inclusion of the course maker and GT GPRS course plotter app, some of our GT friends would be able to get these routes for us all to enjoy! Here is a list of some of my desired routes...

3. Road Mountain Courses

(these would be great as up hill ascends and downhill, time trials and racing)

3.1. Furka Pass, Switzerland
3.2. Tianmen Mountain Road, Hunan, China
3.3. Col de Turini, France
3.4. Stelvio Pass, Eastern Alps, Italy
3.5. Dadès Gorges, High Atlas, Morocco
3.6. Transfăgărășan, Romania
3.7. Trollstigen, Rauma, Norway
3.8. Guoliang Tunnel Road, China
3.9. Chapman’s Peak Drive, Cape Town, South Africa

4. Dirt, Gravel and Paved Roads
4.1. Karakoram Highway, China/Pakistan
4.2. Sani Pass, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
4.3. Ruta 40, Argentina
4.4. Going-to-the-Sun-Road, Glacier National Park, Montana

Does any one else have some great driving experiences, race formats or events they would like to see included?

Pikes Peak Hillclimb. I've driven to the top a few times, never in anything special. Seeing a 300+ foot sheer drop if you veer off-road (no barriers) will kinda discourage recklessness. There's even a checkpoint where park rangers will check your brake temperature on the way back down. Some of the inclines are that steep.

Story time: My Doctor (retired Army) was stationed at Pike's Peak in the late 1960's to research the effects of altitude. Every day, he rode up from base camp in a large Ford van, loaded down with equipment. Exact same route as the Hillclimb. The van driver knew every inch and bump of the road so well, Doctor decided to talk him into a speed run one day, with a stopwatch. He was 15 seconds short of the then-current record. In a very heavy Utility Van. Not a purpose-built racer. And this was before it was paved. Loose gravel.

Pikes Peak Hillclimb. I've driven to the top a few times, never in anything special. Seeing a 300+ foot sheer drop if you veer off-road (no barriers) will kinda discourage recklessness. There's even a checkpoint where park rangers will check your brake temperature on the way back down. Some of the inclines are that steep.

Story time: My Doctor (retired Army) was stationed at Pike's Peak in the late 1960's to research the effects of altitude. Every day, he rode up from base camp in a large Ford van, loaded down with equipment. Exact same route as the Hillclimb. The van driver knew every inch and bump of the road so well, Doctor decided to talk him into a speed run one day, with a stopwatch. He was 15 seconds short of the then-current record. In a very heavy Utility Van. Not a purpose-built racer. And this was before it was paved. Loose gravel.
I think someone needs to get your doctor in something a little more racy and let him have a proper crack at the hill! Good Story!

tuj
Seattle was a great city course. I would like to see some more American tracks like maybe Watkin Glen, Mid-Ohio, Austin's Circuit of the Americas.

No please, no more american tracks. There are loads of Euopean tracks which will be very good for GT6

I would love to see the return of:

1) Red Rock Valley.

My all time personnal favourite.

2) Midfield Raceway
3) Rome Short, Long and Night courses from GT2
4) Tahiti Road, Tahiti Rally Course and Tahiti Maze - all from GT2
5) Seattle Short and Long
6) Grindelwald
7) Smokey Mountain
8) El Capitan
9) Cathedral Rocks I and II

Not a very big wish list at all :-p

Also, the BGM soundtrack and menu music from GT2 would be welcome. The only BGM in races I would happily have on!

Yes please:
Red Rock, Midfield, Seattle, Grindelwald, El Capitan, Rome Night Course, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi, Pikes Peak (they can't not have this since they've included Tajima's cars, plus that electric thing). And of course, who can forget Route 11...?

And I want changeable time for every one. :) Well, except Pikes Peak...!!

Don't care for any of the others, expecially the city ones. God, Hong Kong was bloody awful...

WE MUST HAVE THEM ALL BACK!!!!! 👍 :D

Red Rock Valley
Seattle
Midfield
SSR11

Those 4 would make me very happy tho.

yup, all would be the best :D.

Midfield and Seattle are the most important to me. But also Motorland, NYC, SSR11 or El Captain would be quite awesome!

oh, and not to forget complex String :)

I think someone needs to get your doctor in something a little more racy and let him have a proper crack at the hill! Good Story!

Ha! That was my Doc's reaction to the van driver's miraculous feat as well. After he got some clean underwear on. :lol:

"Ok, I'm gonna buy you a Corvette, if you'll enter the race next year!" Sadly, he refused the offer. (Who turns down a free 60's 'Vette??)

No please, no more american tracks. There are loads of Euopean tracks which will be very good for GT6

Yeah, because GT6 is chock full of them, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, and Daytona really are enough.

None of the best ones like Mid-Ohio, Sebring, Watkins Glen, COTA, VIR, and etc. are necessary.

Did you spot the sarcasm? I hope you did!

I too would love to see the return of these courses. Amazingly, other than Nurburgring, my favorite courses are:

6. El Capitan
9. Citta di Aria
10. Costa di Amalfi
11. George V Paris
15. New York
16. Opera Paris
17. Seattle Circuit

How many of my favorite courses made it to GT5 or GT6 so far? Just the ring...

Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Other hill climb races, more rally. I really enjoy the rally stages on Forza 4, and will be getting the Xbone and Forza 5 pretty soon. More track from around the world, city ones are ok, but there are so many great race courses out there and I would rather run them.

I would love to see the return of:

1) Red Rock Valley.

My all time personnal favourite.

2) Midfield Raceway
3) Rome Short, Long and Night courses from GT2
4) Tahiti Road, Tahiti Rally Course and Tahiti Maze - all from GT2
5) Seattle Short and Long
6) Grindelwald
7) Smokey Mountain
8) El Capitan
9) Cathedral Rocks I and II

Not a very big wish list at all :-p

Also, the BGM soundtrack and menu music from GT2 would be welcome. The only BGM in races I would happily have on!

+1,000

Infineon needs to return along with Seattle.

But Infineon aka sears point doesn't currently have a sponsor so most just regard it as Sonoma raceway these days... I wonder if that would present any licensing challenges.

Sonoma would be great but I really would like to see Watkins Glen and Road America in the game. They are superb tracks to drive and they are steeped in history in the US. I would also really like to see Canadian circuits like Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal and Mosport in Ontario.

I don't place a higher interest in classic GT tracks. We have some of them in the game and that is fine, I would not prefer to see more original tracks instead of real circuits. I know there are literally hundreds of real circuits that we as fans would like to see so there is no shortage of real circuits that for me take precedence over original tracks.

2. The return of Pikes Peak Hill Climb! Any other suggestions for Hill Climb events?

Also I would like to see included is a series of the best driving mountain roads in the world, I realize PD might not put these in the game but perhaps with the inclusion of the course maker and GT GPRS course plotter app, some of our GT friends would be able to get these routes for us all to enjoy! Here is a list of some of my desired routes...

Does any one else have some great driving experiences, race formats or events they would like to see included?
The Old Pacific Highway in New South Wales, from Ourimbah to Cowan.

The Royal National Park, also in New South Wales, from Loftus Oval in southern Sydney down to the Sea Cliff Bridge south of Stanwell Park.

The Styx River State Forest, again in New South Wales, from Jegola to Belbrook, east of Armidale.

I hope we can race again on the Special Stage Route 11, always loved the circuit in GT3, a lot of races with the F1s with my friends...
I missed this circuit, more than the MidField Raceway, one of my all-time favourite.

Route 11. Full. Stop. With the Chicane-from-hell. And also a version of Route 5 and 11 togheter.

This is what i mean:

ssr2.png

If THIS doesn't happen, i will quit GT.(Nah, not really. But i would love to see this).

Also, Red Rock Valley. It's an amazing looking track and it needs a return!

I agree, we need Red Rock Valley back. If it ever does come back, they better have that sunset (or at least time variable where I can get it) because that is what made the track so awesome for me. :D

There are a good number of Euro tracks in GT6. Maybe let's compromise and get some tracks like:
-F1 Singapore at night
-Istanbul park (turn 6 is awesome)
-Sepang (two great straights)

Although COTA is a freakin' awesome track.

Here's the other thing, the SCCA used to run the Runoff's which were the amateur sports car championships of the USA at Mid-Ohio for years. It was a great race. If anything epitomizes the spirit of the GT games, its amateur sports-car racing.

tuj
There are a good number of Euro tracks in GT6. Maybe let's compromise and get some tracks like:
-F1 Singapore at night
-Istanbul park (turn 6 is awesome)
-Sepang (two great straights)

Although COTA is a freakin' awesome track.

Those 3 tracks will really satisfy me ;)

All excellent choices that I support fully but seriously though bring back the REAL Chamonix, not that watered down version we got starting from GT5. I want the GT4 and GTPSP version which was seen briefly in the Toyota GT86 teaser video before the car came out in GT5.

As is we don't really have any decent snow tracks. With that I would add Ice Arena. Can we say fantastic way to learn car control?

Back