The Rivals Thread

• Thread starter SDSmurf
  • 38 comments
South Africa
South Africa
MadSaffer
Continuing from the 'Friends' Thread, I thought anyone keen on Rivals could discuss tracks we're driving, what classes etc so if we feel like it, compare and compete...

We can even consider Stock Rivals as well, i.e. Standard nominated car at nominated track

Suggestions/Ideas?

So far I've only put a time on A-Class Catalunya GP while I was leveling and setting up my Lotus. I'll probably run that combo some more and try to get into the top 100.

Then move on to the other A-Class tracks as I tune more cars and try to get into the top 100. To start with.

Stock rivals could be fun or just running a nominated car in a certain class.

Wake up this morning to see,
'Bibblefish beat your time in Class D Time Attack.

Track: Lime Rock Full Alt
Gap to Rival: 7.653s'

I should just uninstall :lol:

Wake up this morning to see,
'Bibblefish beat your time in Class D Time Attack.

Track: Lime Rock Full Alt
Gap to Rival: 7.653s'

I should just uninstall :lol:
That's because of this thread:

You'll get a lot closer if you use that car and tune, I don't know if he has shared his slightly faster tune.

Re this thread, the next thing I'm going to be trying is cars for the open 800 tour series. I have the '08, '13 and '16 Vipers levelled up and ready to test on a few tracks. I tried Raceboy's tune of the '16 last night and edged out Bibblefish's time on Watkins Glen Short with it.

Last edited:
Maybe it's me but getting tunes seems to be a pain in the arse because
a) you need to have the car,
b) level it
c) hope you have enough points to get everything needed for that tune.
You would be better off tuning your own cars, for your own driving style, then you can use any parts you like. The tuning hasn't changed much since FM2, with the telemetry we get in-game it's not that difficult.

Here's quite a good video explaining how to use the telemetry, if you have no idea. -->

Very nice video I think... I know most of it but also like most, I'm lazy!

Okay, so me:

Kyalami
Class B
Stock '20 Toyota Supra

e8c358c2-c2d0-4db4-b51c-36c90a30db0c.png

My home track. Done many track days on my KTM Superduke before selling sad.
Oddly enough never in a car, unless you count bringing the trailer to pick up my Dad's trashed Fireblade 🤣

Last edited:
How about doing B-Class Rivals in down tuned Lambo STO's? I think they are still available to buy discounted. That could be interesting :D

I haven't bought the car, but saw this video this morning by Failrace. Clicky

Last edited:
Very nice video I think... I know most of it but also like most, I'm lazy!

Okay, so me:

Kyalami
Class B
Stock '20 Toyota Supra

View attachment 1296551

My home track. Done many track days on my KTM Superduke before selling sad.
Oddly enough never in a car, unless you count bringing the trailer to pick up my Dad's trashed Fireblade 🤣
LOL, looks like that is one of the first tracks I raced. May have to go back to that one.

Pretty much I am using RIVALS to build cars. It is fun to see times by many of you in the process.

Mostly I'm stuck right now building E Class or D Class up to A Class. I won't really touch anything above S class except for GT Racing. This old man's reflexes can't keep up with R and P class on a wheel, haha.

EDIT: One of my old team members at HLR would hold weekly Hotlap competitions at Forza.net. He would pick a different car class/car list and different track every week. We had different skill classes for drivers and we got points for where we finished every week. Everyone shared tunes with each other in aims that one us got the #1 time (not me!). Even had a painter that would reward top 3 times and tunes for that week. It was one of my favorite things to do in past Forzas. I don't have the time to run a league like this but perhaps someone else does. I would certainly participate.

Last edited:
I wanted to try the Brabham for the Exotics tour, so did some rivals at Homestead Speedway to see what it could do there, and level it up a bit at the same time. It took a lot of messing about with build and setup to get this time out of it, it's probably possible to go a bit faster, but I don't think there's any way it can match the Jag. When I tried the first race in the Exotics tour it was obvious the setup would need to be massively changed for it to go round non-banked corners!

brabham bt62 homestead speedway 900.jpg

Hmmm, Ginetta G60 at Spa...

Ima heading out to see what I can do :D

Edit: damn me, I'm not good enough for this car on no assists!
2m12.192 so far, and that was a butt-clenched sweaty 2min12!!!!

Last edited:
I can only dream of 2m12... I thought you said you were slow...? :odd:
Appreciate the compliment, but when others can get sub-2min then I'm not quick hahaha

So Gt3071-r (Mashed) soundly beat my time in the Ginetta Rivals event but can't see the laptimes because the event is now over.

Tried again at Spa in the stock Ginetta, lengthened the gearing, max rear wing and got,
ad457b83-13cd-4c5c-bb1d-6938b29af660.png

Still sweaty to drive but didn't feel like death awaited at every corner exit this time 🤣

I've been trying the BRZ '13 and '22 for rivals at 600 at Spa. The fastest times have been done with the '13, but I was a little bit slower with that than the '22. The fastest '13 time is with a shared tune, which I tried, but it's too lacking in rear end grip for me to be consistent with it. My '22 tune is shared, but you can't get it from the leaderboard, as it only shows on there if you save it before you do the time, and it's just too painfully slow to save tunes to do that every time I make a change. My shared tune is the exact one used to do this time though.

Spa 600 BRZ 22 18th 2_38_1.jpg

Understeer motorsport should be the name of the game, just awful after playing ACC and Iracing
If you can't make cars crazily oversteery in FM, you haven't understood the tuning settings. Try TCR Skroto's tune of the BRZ '13 from the Spa 600 leaderboard, for example, it's too oversteery for me and I had to make my own tune instead. But you can make cars way more oversteery than even that tune.

If you can't make cars crazily oversteery in FM, you haven't understood the tuning settings. Try TCR Skroto's tune of the BRZ '13 from the Spa 600 leaderboard, for example, it's too oversteery for me and I had to make my own tune instead. But you can make cars way more oversteery than even that tune.
that's because Forza tuning does not follow the laws of physics. They make no sense in compare to what you would setup a real car like.

Yeah I'm not even remotely chasing those times, you're stuff off fast. Demoralizing using your ghost hahaha, you just disappear up the road 🤣 ,nice work!

Just got off my shift work, and need to get back into the rhythm of playing. The new featured Rivals in the Senna... Not enjoying the handling of that thing for some reason.

Gotta try that, see if I can get myself into the top 100! :D

Edit
Can't tune my arse out of a toilet stall but in the Top 100 (for now) hahaha
0aa3bb62-2cd0-4595-a687-d4850e303532.png

Last edited:
Back