Thread for sharing tunes

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
I thought it would be good to have a thread where people can share their tunes if they produce something good.

I just got the world record for the Homestead Oval at 700 PI, the tune can be downloaded from the leaderboard. It's very specific to that track, I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than an oval, it has min rear downforce and min rear tyre width, so the back end is sketchy, but increasing rear downforce just made it slower due to time lost on the straight sections.

fm2023 homestead oval 700 world record.jpg

I've shared a tune for the #73 Civic thats used for the Qualifier Series in Multiplayer. I can get pole and win races in it, but i guess it depends on the competition in a spec series races.

Car: 2020 Honda #73 LA Honda World Racing Civic
Creator: Mashed
Tune Name: Qualifier Series

Are there any aliens on here willing to try to put my tune on top of the leaderboard for Lime Rock Full Alt?

None of the 3 players above me has a tune shared from the leaderboard. I've spent hours and hours on my tune, and I feel like the gap is now pretty much down to me just not being that good at the actual driving bit, so I'd be interested to see if an alien can get #1 with my tune.

The car will need quite a bit of levelling up to use the tune, I think it needs 6500 car points, not sure what level has that.

lime rock full alt 500.png

I worked on the car after failing to even win the first race in the Open Tour when I used the Veloster N FE (max AI difficulty). This is what happened when I used the above tune:

lime rock full alt 500 open tour race.png

Last edited:
Are there any aliens on here willing to try to put my tune on top of the leaderboard for Lime Rock Full Alt?

None of the 3 players above me has a tune shared from the leaderboard. I've spent hours and hours on my tune, and I feel like the gap is now pretty much down to me just not being that good at the actual driving bit, so I'd be interested to see if an alien can get #1 with my tune.

The car will need quite a bit of levelling up to use the tune, I think it needs 6500 car points, not sure what level has that.

View attachment 1295721

I worked on the car after failing to even win the first race in the Open Tour when I used the Veloster N FE (max AI difficulty). This is what happened when I used the above tune:

View attachment 1295726
I'm no alien but i tried your tune and it's a solid build. I wasn't quite able to get out of the 1:03s though.

I chucked together my own using yours as a base then the telemetry from the guy/gal at number 1 to see how much power and torque they were running and managed a mid 1:02.

There's definitley another half second to be gained if i spend more time on the build. The person at number 1 also gets an amazing exit after the up hill section and just pulls away

Anyway, nice tune and i think you're doing yourself an injustice by saying you're not very fast.

Last edited:
i think you're doing yourself an injustice by saying you're not very fast.
I'm trying out tunes for the '08, '13 and '16 Vipers at 800, and just had a go at Spa with the tune for the '08 by SlowerThanUx. His time is 2:20.908, after 5 laps my best was 2:26.177. Probably a fair bit of that is that he's using MC, whereas I haven't developed the technique needed to use that with non-race gearboxes, and using M with his tune shifts really slowly. But even so, while I'm not terrible, I am a fair bit off the pace of the best players, and when I watch better players like Kie or Nalak, I can easily see that they have the speed and position/line of the car under much tighter control than I do.

After trying tunes by other people, I ended up making my own tune for the '16 Viper, which is shared as "S800 Wide Body". The times I recorded for Spa were as follows:
2:23.256 '16 Viper, tune by breeminator
2:23.702 '08 Viper, tune by BAM Myst
2:23.897 '08 Viper, tune by UnseenSaint7556
2:25.260 '16 Viper, tune by Raceboy77
2:26.177 '08 Viper, tune by SlowerThanUx

Obviously there's personal preference, the fastest time on the leaderboard is the tune that was slowest for me, but there may be other people who find my tune the fastest. It has a race gearbox, so use manual with clutch and don't press the clutch button.

I used it for the Open Tour 800 series and won every race against the hardest AI.

Last edited:
Here’s a nice little challenge for anyone interested in building and tuning cars in FM. I’m not usually a big fan of these types of builds because, in my opinion, they ruin online races. But if you can’t beat them, join them I suppose. It requires an engine swap and a ton of upgrades; you’ll need 11275 CP for the build so will have to level the car quite high.

Be warned, it is incredibly fast, very hard to control (it will spin the wheels getting on for 200mph if not careful) and will require all kinds of tuning wizardry to stop it from bouncing off the track (you’ll see). However, if you can get this thing under control and manageable then you have yourself a rocket in S class (only track it’s really any good for is le-mans)

Car – 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R.

The below should give you 1,239hp with 1,079 N-m of torque.

Build S800 (if it’s not listed, it’s stock)

Conversion – Engine swap to 6.5L V12, Body Kit – Rocket Bunny, Aspiration Conversion – Twin Turbo

Aero and Appearance – Sport Wing (KRC), Street Hood

Drivetrain – Transmission – Race, Differential – Race, Clutch – Street, Driveline – Race

Wheels – any of the lightest ones, Front Rim Size – 17in

Tires - Front Tire Width – 275, Rear Tire Width – 305, Tire compound – Street

Platform and Handling – Brakes – Race, Front Anti-roll Bars – Race, Rear Anti-roll Bars – Race, Springs and Dampers – Race, Weight Reduction – Race

Engine – Flywheel – Race, Camshaft – Race, Valves – Race

Fuels and Air – Intercooler – Race

Literally lowered the Anti Roll bar settings, and it made the FWD BTCC cars insanely driveable, and chuck-able too.

Rinsed through Tyres though

Played with the 1990 Chevrolet Camaro Iroc Z last night and finetuned it today.
Gave it tuned suspension, gearing and diff. Had to use a 6sp since the "sports" gearbox is just another 4sp TH700 R4
with adjustable rear-end. Turn10 hasn`t bothered giving it the original T5 gearbox, not even as an upgrade.

+320hp, +170mph. Fast from the line, no wings but handles like a..:rolleyes:

Setup is called "Trackday Warrior" and is C-class

The 919 got did dirty with the stock setup huh?

Spent like half an hour working out a half-decent drivable setup for it. Shared the High downforce version which is great for the Prototype Power career series (except Le Mans).

If anyone wants it I can post the full setting here and you can fine-tune it for yourself.

The 919 got did dirty with the stock setup huh?

Spent like half an hour working out a half-decent drivable setup for it. Shared the High downforce version which is great for the Prototype Power career series (except Le Mans).

If anyone wants it I can post the full setting here and you can fine-tune it for yourself.
Sure?

Sure. Parts are all stock, so no changes required there.

It's not perfect but it's a damn sight better than the stock one:

Tire Pressure-
Front: 28psi
Rear: 26psi

Gearing-
FD: 3.70
1: 2.85
2: 2.05
3: 1.65
4: 1.35
5: 1.15
6: 1.00
7: 0.90 (0.82 for Low Downforce)

Alignment-
Camber-
Front: -2.0°
Rear: -1.5°

Toe-
Front: 0.5°
Rear: -0.3°

Front Caster-
Angle: 5.5°

Anti-roll Bars-
Front: 16.00
Rear: 40.00

Springs-
Springs-
Front: 740.2lb/in
Rear: 800.6lb/in

Ride Height-
Front: 2.2"
Rear: 4.5"

Damping-
Bump Stiffness-
Front: 5.5
Rear: 5.7

Rebound Stiffness-
Front: 8.3
Rear: 8.6

Suspension Geometry-
Roll Center Height Offset-
Front: 0.8"
Rear: -8.3"

Anti Geometry Percent-
Anti-dive (front): -50%
Anti-squat (rear): 15.8%

Aero-
Front: 895lb (540for Low Downforce)
Rear: 1110lb (670 for Low Downforce)

Brake-
Balance: 50%
Pressure: 90%

Differential-
Front-
Acceleration: 35%
Deceleration: 0%

Rear-
Acceleration: 42%
Deceleration: 12%

Center-
Balance: 75%

@HighSeasHoMastr Will give that a go! Gave the 919 a quick test run this AM, was technically the fastest of the ones I tried but good grief it was a handful. Some different settings than I'd usually try but I usually don't do AWD setups.

Yeah I found it almost undrivable with the default tune. The back end just let go instantly if you tried to trail brake at all, and that is a huge factor in my driving style so I really needed that sorted out.

This setup responds pretty well to it, and it REALLY likes what I would call "douchebag go-kart" driving, where you keep some power on while braking to balance the car (this is massively effective in rear-brake-only karts too but rental places hate it) and it likes a bit of the old slow in fast out style too, which tends to be what I prefer.

Lemme know what you think!

I chucked together my own using yours as a base
I've just spent quite a bit of time tuning the '90 MX-5 for the same track at 300 if you fancy having a go at improving this tune. I tried Hamilton's tune first, but it was far too oversteery for me, I was losing so much time sliding all over the place.

lime rock full alt 90 mx5 300 1_08_560 11th.jpg

I was just tuning the F40C for Nordschleife rivals at 800, I'm pretty happy with the tune now, I shared it as "800 Nord 6:50".

It won't be available from the leaderboard because the game annoyingly doesn't put it on there if you save and share it after doing the time, even if you don't make any changes.

I feel like there may well be 10+ secs to save compared to my driving and the tune can probably contest the #1 spot with a top driver.

Nord 800 F40C 6_50.jpg

Back