The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 102,853 views
Please, someone could explain me with detail the start of the race, because I don't understand totally.

1- The DP start the first lap, at 75 mph, one behind of other (formation lap).
2- Go double file on the front straight and when the first cross the line, the race start!

I think we have to test today the start because is a little dificult because someone could start before (maybe the last can't see the line, and push the accel before, for example).
 
just tuned my R8 and ready for action
did the gears a wing on the back with backrims on a white audi r8
i am ready to rock!!!
good luck to my partner James ^
 
How do you have rust?! How old are your pedals? I had my G27 for almost 2 years now.
Exactly what I was wondering, the weather is hot as hell over here.
Mine is less than a year old, tons of surface rust (even on the shifter) and so much dust inside you'd proclaim me a lair if I described it.

And how's there rust? Do you play outside? That'd be pretty fun accually!
Nah, indoors with the pedals under the aformentioned folding table.
 
I think we have to test today the start because is a little dificult because someone could start before (maybe the last can't see the line, and push the accel before, for example).
You see the first car accelerate before you accelerate. Anyone who does so before will be penalized.
 
unrealanthony
Please, someone could explain me with detail the start of the race, because I don't understand totally.

1- The DP start the first lap, at 75 mph, one behind of other (formation lap).
2- Go double file on the front straight and when the first cross the line, the race start!

I think we have to test today the start because is a little dificult because someone could start before (maybe the last can't see the line, and push the accel before, for example).

Well do one or two practice starts I'll explain now some. The race will be started with a grid start. From there the dp cars will start their formation lap, once they clear the first turn the gt cars will do the same. Once the cars get on the front straight they will go double file and once the leader goes across the start line race will be live. It's hard to explain, well do a few practice starts this evening
 
What track are we testing at tonight?

Nope, I'm still rocking the DS3 also.

Yep I'm DS3 as well haha. I'd love to get a wheel but just don't have the cash at the moment.
 
eNJS
What track are we testing at tonight?

Yep I'm DS3 as well haha. I'd love to get a wheel but just don't have the cash at the moment.

We are at Laguna Seca tonight!
 
unrealanthony
Please, someone could explain me with detail the start of the race, because I don't understand totally.

1- The DP start the first lap, at 75 mph, one behind of other (formation lap).
2- Go double file on the front straight and when the first cross the line, the race start!

I think we have to test today the start because is a little dificult because someone could start before (maybe the last can't see the line, and push the accel before, for example).

No. If you have pole, the whole field goes by your pace. We shouldn't have a problem with the starts.
 
We are at Laguna Seca tonight!

Terrific, I will practice a bit on my own so I don't get shown for the noob I am er.. I mean.. completely thrashed. :sly:
 
I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the car I'm in at the moment. That Viper isn't that bad actually.
 
I'm feeling pretty comfortable with the car I'm in at the moment. That Viper isn't that bad actually.

ya i was wondering why no body liked it, the z06 may take a hp hit tonight though.
 
Yeah, I've still got a 1:44.211 on Daytona from the Z06.
 
i got a 1:44.345 on my first hotlap :P only about 1.5-2 seconds faster lol!
 
Sorry guys, I'm going to be a little late 7:20 at latest. Hopefully James can get the room up on time.
 
What happen? it's time to practice
 
Room up, join me or room number is : 1472 6118 3744 3751 9927
 
polarbear345
Room up, join me or room number is : 1472 6118 3744 3751 9927

I should be coming soon too.
 
adeadsnipermatt
I should be coming soon too.

Cool we need more people! One dp guy is plagued by game crashing so there's 2 gt and 1 dp now.
 
Still there? I could spare an hour.
 
It's showing room not found.
 
BobbyBRAKEaNek
It's showing room not found.

Hmm look for laguna seca rooms or add me and join me

It's calle private league
 
Yeah I'm not compatible with the host, apparently.
 
StormPacer
Yeah I'm not compatible with the host, apparently.

Gotta love the gran turismo servers.... Tomorrow I'll have a wired connection so it should be a flawless race!
 
Oh yeah, I have a question!!!! I can't recall if this was discussed, but are the 4 GT cars having points for say... a manufacturer's championship?
 
StormPacer
Oh yeah, I have a question!!!! I can't recall if this was discussed, but are the 4 GT cars having points for say... a manufacturer's championship?

I was thinking team points but manufacturers is good too.
 
Manufacturers points would be cool. 👍 Let's do that!
 
Well team points for DP since two different Peugeot 908 teams are competing, while manufacturer points for GT.

edit ~ I can't PM jeffpothead. It says he's chosen to not receive PMs, so I guess it looks like I'll have to write on his profile or something to get in touch with him
 
Last edited:
Ok. Let's go Risi Competizione! Err...I mean Ferrari!
:gtpflag:
 
Back