The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 102,900 views
+1 I can't stand the lack of scenery, and in a race as long as these are, scenery makes quite a difference for me...just ask the turn after the flat out left handed at Madrid reverse....

So THAT's what was going on. BTW, Fuji has less scenery than most Route Creator tracks.

I hate Route Creator tracks because the kerbs and darkened racing lines are in the wrong places EVERY TIME.
 
MrMelancholy15
So THAT's what was going on. BTW, Fuji has less scenery than most Route Creator tracks.

I hate Route Creator tracks because the kerbs and darkened racing lines are in the wrong places EVERY TIME.

I'm sorry could we test it out after I widen the turns
 
I'm sorry could we test it out after I widen the turns

It just doesn't feel right. On a TE track, it feels like you're playing OutRun. It doesn't feel the same as Spa.
 
I think the only other track I could really recommend is Tokyo Route 246. Grand Valley is fine but I absolutely detest Deep Forest.
 
I have a couple tracks that're really good created ones. Nice ups and downs, and fast sweepers with tight corners. I prefer we do Spa. Fuji F is decent, but not GT. I think Indy should be kept, Nurb be kept, as well as Monza. I don't like Grand Valley. SSR5 is pretty good IMO, and Tokyo reverse also. I really like Madrid reverse or not. I think that should be added. As with Tokyo and Spa. And I'll be running DP next season! ;)
 
I have a couple tracks that're really good created ones. Nice ups and downs, and fast sweepers with tight corners. I prefer we do Spa. Fuji F is decent, but not GT. I think Indy should be kept, Nurb be kept, as well as Monza. I don't like Grand Valley. SSR5 is pretty good IMO, and Tokyo reverse also. I really like Madrid reverse or not. I think that should be added. As with Tokyo and Spa. And I'll be running DP next season! ;)

I like Madrid reverse, but, GT5 got the night vision stuff wrong. It only works well at Le Mans, Nürburgring and the other real life circuits with time change. Then there was that one race I did in karts, when it got dark, and the computers are still computers. Turns out, go karts don't have lights. :irked: :rolleyes:
 
What're you talking about? SSR5 is the only night track on my list. And it has lights the whole way around. You don't need headlights to see. I don't know what you're getting at.
 
What're you talking about? SSR5 is the only night track on my list. And it has lights the whole way around. You don't need headlights to see. I don't know what you're getting at.

My bad TV makes everything look slightly wrong. I could do night racing back when I had the 3D tv, but, my parents wanted to watch TV on it... So, I gave up, and resorted to my old HD tv, with the purple splotch across the screen.
 
Oh ok. Well, SSR5 is a great track IMO. And you don't need lights for it. Besides all the cars lights work now since the last update.
 
Yea, I still don't understand why such a famous track wasn't in the game originally!

In fariness there's still a lot of tracks missing in my opinion (Silverstone, Magny Cours, Sepang).

Even ones that were in the series previously (Twin Ring Motegi, Infineon).

Heh, I make no promises. I reckon I'll aim for a 1:34, if Storm ran 1:35s. I'm the fastest hotlapper. I get pole a lot. However, I think pole's the worst place to be.

I have often choked at the pressure after stealing the lead, seriously I was shaking up to the line and beyond.

As for additional tracks, I know Monaco's too narrow with all the lapping :(. However, I would like to see Cape Ring, although that hill....
 
In fariness there's still a lot of tracks missing in my opinion (Silverstone, Magny Cours, Sepang).

Even ones that were in the series previously (Twin Ring Motegi, Infineon).



I have often choked at the pressure after stealing the lead, seriously I was shaking up to the line and beyond.

As for additional tracks, I know Monaco's too narrow with all the lapping :(. However, I would like to see Cape Ring, although that hill....

Cape Ring South, and Cape Ring Inside don't have that hill. Go for that one, then, guys!


Anyways, check this out. Even though it talks mainly about the ITCC, I also mentioned the Rolex Sports Car Series's points situation in it, as a build-up of all that pre-season tension, that we love so much. Anyways, check out the talk in the third and fourth paragraphs, detailing the GT battle, and the lack of "Team Orders at Team Audi." I think you'll enjoy the read.

P.S., I'm not replacing Storm for next season, he told me that he enjoys it for Rolex. I AM, however, putting a little spin on the ITCC, with this, implying that the competition will be incredible. And, I'm not going to lie, the unofficial pre-season testing today, was some of the most fun I've ever had playing GT5.
 
Last edited:
Anyone have LMP times they want to share? If I remember correctly I was in the mid 1:26's. No idea if its fast or not. I'm so used to racing gt cars so when I switched, obviously everything is different. Right now Im trying to fimd out the ideal braking points again.
Was that 1:26 the time you hit in the online lobby last night? I just remember after posting the time in the online lobby I decided to test the Bentley myself and got a second quicker. However, I believe you posted a 1:28 or something.
 
The 1:28 was with you and Mrm. The 1:26 was when I left and said I was going into my own lobby. Obviously I tweaked it a little. I dont know why, but I had the TCS set at 5. Moved it down to 1 and posted the better time. Gonna see what shes like with no TCS. :scared:
 
I thought so, and yeah I found that wierd too, it was part of the reason I posted a lap in the Bentley since I was running with no TCS. Mrm called me a cocky little bastard for beating your time, seconds before I went hurtling off the track. Hehe, that was my own fault though, I tried to run a little TOO hard through the left bend into the long, sweeping right hander.
 
We'll have to compare notes. Good to see you improving on times. 👍
 
Thanks man, could compare notes but I think my car's relatively stock aside from obviously the power cap and the transmission being limited to like.... 199mph (320km/h)? I was only really doing it for kicks anyway.

By the way, would it surprise any of you if I said I've only properly been racing with Manual Transmission in this last month or so? Or even had spend about a year with the aids off? I was going to post this in my upcoming comment in the ALMS thread, but strangely, I reckon I'll have more chance of someone saying "LOL NO! coz your crap, umad?" there than I would here.
 
No shame man. I usually set the game up from day 1. That way I get used to everything from the beginning. I still turn on driving line on tracks im not used to yet.

Edit - is anyone else amazed at how long these tires are lasting in LMP? pretty sure I can get 10 maybe 11 laps out of the Bentley at Fugi. I thought for sure they would go by faster than that.
 
Last edited:
Edit - is anyone else amazed at how long these tires are lasting in LMP? pretty sure I can get 10 maybe 11 laps out of the Bentley at Fugi. I thought for sure they would go by faster than that.

Yeah I noticed that too when I was practicing the other night. I think I could do maybe like 8 or 9 laps. The tires last very long on Fuji compared to some other tracks, which is weird in my opinion.
 
In ALMS before i think I got 10 laps out of the tires from LMPs on softs.
 
Getting online for a bit of practice if anyone wants to join.
 
Cape Ring South, and Cape Ring Inside don't have that hill. Go for that one, then, guys!


Anyways, check this out. Even though it talks mainly about the ITCC, I also mentioned the Rolex Sports Car Series's points situation in it, as a build-up of all that pre-season tension, that we love so much. Anyways, check out the talk in the third and fourth paragraphs, detailing the GT battle, and the lack of "Team Orders at Team Audi." I think you'll enjoy the read.

P.S., I'm not replacing Storm for next season, he told me that he enjoys it for Rolex. I AM, however, putting a little spin on the ITCC, with this, implying that the competition will be incredible. And, I'm not going to lie, the unofficial pre-season testing today, was some of the most fun I've ever had playing GT5.

...

Not even a mention. Oh well.
 
I quoted myself. Read the quote, to read my rant from 3 AM this morning. ;P You know how I am... I think the word is "quirky."
 
MrMelancholy15
I quoted myself. Read the quote, to read my rant from 3 AM this morning. ;P You know how I am... I think the word is "quirky."

Ya I just looked at that thanks for the advertisement there melan
 
MrMelancholy15
Haha, it's advertisement for BOTH series, actually.

Ok that's just as good mind doing a advertisement about my 4X4 series
 
james6653
Ok that's just as good mind doing a advertisement about my 4X4 series

Did people show up to your practices last weekend?
 
polarbear345
Did people show up to your practices last weekend?

A few none signed up though :(
 
james6653
A few none signed up though :(

:( I'd do it, but I'm booked! And I would like to complete a Rolex race....

Broad question, but does anyone know how to boost a connection? I'm thinking of calling my provider asking what I can do to keep a more stable connection. It works fine, then it like stops...and I disconnect.... And I get mad....
 
polarbear345
:( I'd do it, but I'm booked! And I would like to complete a Rolex race....

Broad question, but does anyone know how to boost a connection? I'm thinking of calling my provider asking what I can do to keep a more stable connection. It works fine, then it like stops...and I disconnect.... And I get mad....

Ok it is gonna start a week after this ends
 
Back