The Rolex Sports Car Series /Help Plan Season 2!/

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 3,021 comments
  • 102,790 views
My Report for all cars at Daytona. I will list my feeling about the car and also show its best lap over a 6 lap race. and my theoretical lap which is all my best sectors added up for a perfect lap time.

All cars were tested with default settings, so brake balances were 5/5 unless stated otherwise. \

All the cars had their oil changes and engine were broken in.

I will list all parts added to the car as well.

I'll start with the DP class: from slowest to fastest

Toyota GT-One 565HP 970KG Racing softs front and back.
Best lap time- 1:34.851 3rd place
Best Sectors:
Sector 1 2nd Lap- 26.038 2nd place
Sector 2 4th Lap- 22.319 3rd place
Sector 3 4th Lap- 12.999 3rd place
Sector 4 5th Lap- 14.095 3rd place
Sector 5 6th Lap- 18.938 3rd place
Best theoretical Lap- 1:34.389 3rd place

No parts added only added Ballast and used the limiter to bring the HP down to 565. I set the transmission to top out on the front stretch which was 201MPH. this car was also twitchy on the brakes so I changed the balance to 5/4 to help that a little. over this car was very stable on corner exits and had a lot of maneuverability but is the slowest of the bunch.

My suggestions: I say give this car about 10 more Horsepower to 575HP so it can keep up with the competition. Maybe with some tuning I could maybe get a second out of it but I'm not a master tuner with LMP/DP type cars.

Peugeot 908 585HP 970KG Racing softs front and back
Best lap- 1:33.962 2nd place
Best Sectors:
Sector 1-26.046 2nd place
Sector 2-22.151 2nd place
Sector 3-12.881 1st place
Sector 4-13.937 2nd place
Sector 5-18.935 2nd place
Theoretical lap- 1:33.950 2nd place

Same as the GT-One I didn't have engine mods or turbos only added ballast and used the power limiter. I did have the brake balance at 5/4 and the transmission was set to hit 201 before hitting the red line. This car was one of the more difficult to drive due to its bottomless pit of low end torque. So i was being extra careful on the throttle on corner exits. This car could definitely gain well more then a second of maybe 2 with some decent tuning.

My suggestions:
Take the HP down to 575 as this car was not as forgivable as the Toyota or the Bentley but still damn fast on the straights.

Bentley Speed 8 570Hp 970KG Racing softs front and back
Best lap-1:33.814 1st place
Best Sectors:
Sector 1-26.019 1st place
Sector 2-22.027 1st place
Sector 3-12.946 2nd place
Sector 4-13.783 1st place
Sector 5-18.870 1st place
Theoretical best lap-1:33.645 1st place

This car was a joy to drive compared to the 908 but was much faster then the Toyota in every way. This car had no mods like its competitors but I left the Brake Balance at 5/5 this time. Transmission was set one click on the top speed to keep the car from redlining on the straights. The car felt the best with its default settings I doubt tuning could make it faster then it already is.

My suggestions: I say keep the Hp at 565 even tho its the fastest the 5 HP is going to put a very tiny dent in its peed but i expect the Toyota to be faster with the extra 10 HP keep it on par with this car. Maybe after tune this car maybe be the slowest behind the 908 but this car is the easiest to drive out of the DP which could help it gain overall speed with a consistent pace.

I'm going to take a quick break I will have the GT class report in about an hour or so.

Thank you! i will personally test these out this thursday, and we could do a group test this thursday evening for all that want to. Also this friday is the frist test weekend so we will do some then
 
Ive updated the origional post with some driver changes, updated dp hp regs and i added the start procedure
 
I'm writing up the GT report right now. I'll post later today before I get off my PC.
 
So The Race Is THis Weekend?
 
the first test race is, this is the "silly" weekend with people testing their cars more than anything. also to get the jist of the series and for us to fix what were doing wrong
 
ok
 
It's Saturday night right?
 
polarbear345
yep but itd be great if everyone could come friday to go over stuff

I think I have he ALMS race Friday. What time will the race be western us?
 
nitrorocks
I think I have he ALMS race Friday. What time will the race be western us?

Hmm i have that alms race too, may for sure have I drop it now. I was thinking of dropping it earlier, unless I have crazy fun itll be my first race an my last race in that series and all the times are eastern us so that's like 3-4 hours back
 
polarbear345
Really? Still trying to do those? How's that custom track race going?

Lolololol

But yeah, the ALMS race is just a practice race right?
 
nitrorocks
Lolololol

But yeah, the ALMS race is just a practice race right?

I think but I want to attend it last week Internet issues kept me away
 
I got disconnected. 👎
 
polarbear345
Really? Still trying to do those? How's that custom track race going?

Bad only had two people on the drivers list
 
Bad only had two people on the drivers list

bummer, lets get back on track now! so who is stoked for Laguna seca this weekend!!!👍
 
polarbear345
bummer, lets get back on track now! so who is stoked for Laguna seca this weekend!!!👍

I am I can't wait to get this thing started
 
polarbear345
:( itll probably happen to me too, are the races long?

That one was 40 laps. I think the only reason I got disconnected is because I wasn't compatible with someone else in there.
 
That one was 40 laps. I think the only reason I got disconnected is because I wasn't compatible with someone else in there.

i dislike those guys with funky connections
 
Yeah. Round 1 is this weekend?
 
Yeah. Round 1 is this weekend?

no clue, if it is ill pull out now.


but thats a subject for another day, any ideas of what youd like changed (other than adding the ruf rgt '00 or mazda rx8) im not sure if im feeling le manns
 
Add the Camaro and take out the viper and vette
 
nitrorocks
Add the Camaro and take out the viper and vette

Camero is a funky one as everyone wants to race mod it, even if I say no rm people still try, I dislike those people! But it's a solid thought
 
Then kick them out if they RM it. Say NO RM!!
 
polarbear345
Really? Still trying to do those? How's that custom track race going?

He'd need to finish and be able to compete in a 1 hour race. Better yet 12.

He parked a few laps into a 1 hour.
 
He'd need to finish and be able to compete in a 1 hour race. Better yet 12.

He parked a few laps into a 1 hour.

really? lol what race?
 
Yeah I think I was there. He was in the GT40 right?
 
Then kick them out if they RM it. Say NO RM!!

Ya, your right. Im thinking weve got a solid first season line-up. Season two will be when we have this kinda down and can make changes, additions and drop things that dont work
 
Back