The Rolex Sports Car Series- Season 3 Ideas!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 828 comments
  • 33,597 views

Should we have Team Owners in Season 3?


  • Total voters
    18
Storm and Damu, would you guys be a Lotus team?

If so, we'll use the Evora.

I don't know about tire rules.... We'll do some practice races with Mediums, and some on Softs, with the new specs.
 
What specs?
 
What specs?

GT will be slowed down, because right now their about 3 seconds too fast.

new specs will be 400-450HP and 1,300KG (About)

DP may be a bit lighter.
 
I honestly don't mind at all. I wouldn't base its choice to be added on whether we're going to use it though. If you want to, then that's up to you.

ghs, since we're looking at 1300kg as minimum weight and 400-450 bhp (for GT), I'ma say 420 bhp and 1300 kg would be a nice base to work on for that car.
 
What about this guys:

We do heavy damage with soft tires, OR racing mediums with light damage?
 
I honestly don't mind at all. I wouldn't base its choice to be added on whether we're going to use it though. If you want to, then that's up to you.

ghs, since we're looking at 1300kg as minimum weight and 400-450 bhp (for GT), I'ma say 420 bhp and 1300 kg would be a nice base to work on for that car.

DP move to mediums or hards and bumped down to 1000 kg?
 
DP move to mediums or hards and bumped down to 1000 kg?

I'm thinking both classes use the same tires for sure.

I think DP will be 1020 or 1030KG, realism reasons.
 
I'm thinking both classes use the same tires for sure.

I think DP will be 1020 or 1030KG, realism reasons.

Makes sense, so will we be testing racing mediums or hards or both?
 
Softs and mediums.

I am definitely swaying to mediums. That would increase realism in the series. We wouldn't all make 8 pit stops a race. IRL the Rolex series makes 3-5 pit stops a race with the exception of the Sahlen's 6 hours of the Glen and the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
 
I am definitely swaying to mediums. That would increase realism in the series. We wouldn't all make 8 pit stops a race. IRL the Rolex series makes 3-5 pit stops a race with the exception of the Sahlen's 6 hours of the Glen and the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

I don't know. I can never get mediums to last longer then softs.

Edit:I like the idea of dropping the weight to 1000kg.

Something like this was posted before.
Weight: 4.0 L (244 in³) displacement and above-2,275 lb (1,032 kg)
Below 4.0 L (244 in³)-2,225 lb (1,010 kg)
 
Last edited:
Keep me in mind for the 3 season in DP class.

I think we should use medium!

team owners----YES!
 
unrealanthony
Keep me in mind for the 3 season in DP class.

I think we should use medium!

Excellent Anthony! I plan on making all of the races! (no trips for a while!)

I do think mediums will be a nice change!
 
Keep me in mind for the 3 season in DP class.

I think we should use medium!

team owners----YES!

I agree. It is at least worth a shot. TCS or no TCS? I say no TCS even with medium tires.
 
I agree. It is at least worth a shot. TCS or no TCS? I say no TCS even with medium tires.

NO TCS.....please!!

And I need a teammate at season 3 because I want to know if I am fast or not!!
 
NO TCS.....please!!

And I need a teammate at season 3 because I want to know if I am fast or not!!

I am sure someone would like to be your teammate next year. We will get even more interest in DP next year buddy 👍
 
I am sure someone would like to be your teammate next year. We will get even more interest in DP next year buddy 👍

I hope so and you could be a competitive teammate I think!!
 
NO TCS.....please!!

And I need a teammate at season 3 because I want to know if I am fast or not!!

Ant, I'll be the first to tell you, you are very fast.
 
unrealanthony
NO TCS.....please!!

And I need a teammate at season 3 because I want to know if I am fast or not!!

Believe me, you're VERY fast!
 
Lol, thanks guys but I need to prove myself with a teammate with the same car, I think Wardez would be a good reference!!
 
Hm, if we're using the R92 again I can be Ant's team mate. If I finish in 5th or higher by the end of S2 I'll stay in GT, I want that championship!
 
Hm, if we're using the R92 again I can be Ant's team mate. If I finish in 5th or higher by the end of S2 I'll stay in GT, I want that championship!

Yes, a possible teammate lol!
 
Storm and Damu, would you guys be a Lotus team?

If so, we'll use the Evora.

I don't know about tire rules.... We'll do some practice races with Mediums, and some on Softs, with the new specs.

I wanted to drive the Lotus too... :(

But I guess they get first seats since I'm a reserve.
 
EliteDreamer
I wanted to drive the Lotus too... :(

But I guess they get first seats since I'm a reserve.

And their from Britain ;)

But if Damu doesn't want to drive it, maybe you could be the team owner and reserve... If we do that...
 
And their from Britain ;)

But if Damu doesn't want to drive it, maybe you could be the team owner and reserve... If we do that...

Fine. :grumpy: I could be team owner, but what would I do? Not sure if that would even be okay with them. :p
 
EliteDreamer
Fine. :grumpy: I could be team owner, but what would I do? Not sure if that would even be okay with them. :p

You get to... Act like you manage them... And look pretty!

But, you could select your drivers, but we're going to go down the list and people will be able to choose what they wan to do. List will be based on points.
 
That's an interesting interpretation of "first come - first serve." :)
 
EliteDreamer
That's an interesting interpretation of "first come - first serve." :)

Quotation marks?... Oh boy... Did I say something?

IF we do team owners, I'll do a example;

If someone wants to change classes, they'll go to the bottom of their new classes list. So if Mel wants to go to DP, in the 'draft' order, he will be last in DP.

1. Cnd- decides to own the sauber team
2. Ant- decades to own the Nissan team
3. Shin- if Cnd asked him to drive for sauber, he could 'sign' with them
4. Polar- decides to own Toyota
5. Mel- polar asked Mel to drive a Toyota, and he accepted so he could drive for them.

If there are extra people, they could go to the other class, in this case, GT.

If someone doesn't join a team that they want, and can't find one, they can go to the other class also.
 
Quotation marks?... Oh boy... Did I say something?

I used quotations because it's a "saying" (used them there for it's not directly a saying or principle that many series use when it comes to car-driver selections. I was basically quoting the use of the words in other various series. :)
 
Back