The Rolex Sports Car Series- Season 3 Ideas!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 828 comments
  • 33,597 views

Should we have Team Owners in Season 3?


  • Total voters
    18
EliteDreamer
I used quotations because it's a "saying" (used them there for it's not directly a saying or principle that many series use when it comes to car-driver selections. I was basically quoting the use of the words in other various series. :)

Alright ;)

Did I totally confuse you with the example? I think I confused myself :P
 
Did I totally confuse you with the example? I think I confused myself :P

I'm too tired to understand it. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another read. :lol:
 
EliteDreamer
I'm too tired to understand it. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another read. :lol:

:P I'm quite tired now too!
 
Wow, DP's on Mediums huh? They're pretty decent but don't last much longer than softs, maybe a lap or 2, but they will slow the cars down if you 'speed them up' by dropping the weight. But from 1050kg to 1000kg will only gain about a half second to a second. Switching to mediums and you lose around 2 seconds a lap. They can be more consistent though if the tune is right.
 
Well I think they want to slow down the cars, so yeah, mediums are good.
 
Storm and Damu, would you guys be a Lotus team?

That is the stupidest question ever! It's even stupider than someone asking me if I want KFC or food in general. However, I reckon there should be a championship rank rights for car choice, which thus far goes to Mr. Never dc.

The team owners idea leaves me skeptical, as that Toyota GT-One still haunts my dreams. Though teams make sense, having the owner add more jargon to the thread is undesirable. Hmm, Lotus Starfish team to be worked on, provided I don't get too distracted with Guild Wars 2 :drool:

Tyres I don't care so much about. Maybe a 2 / all compound rule should be applied? Good luck to whoever wants the Mazda with harder tyres and current stats.
 
Last edited:
Not really an idea for the thread. But I think I would like to make the jump to DP next season. Providing that there is room of course. Any talk about expanding the field?
 
Not really an idea for the thread. But I think I would like to make the jump to DP next season. Providing that there is room of course. Any talk about expanding the field?

Same fields I believe.

Elsewhere, I believe proper penalties need to be put in place for next season, not just convenient work-arounds.

Also, after the SSR5 qualifying argument, I reckon that either we do qualifying separately, or we have a 5-10 minutes chequered flag period. In this period everyone completes their last flying lap, then pauses to cruise around to the pits. Then everyone can mention their times so that the grid is set. This period is also used to get any drinks and loo breaks out of the way.
 
FlyinHawaiian77
Not really an idea for the thread. But I think I would like to make the jump to DP next season. Providing that there is room of course. Any talk about expanding the field?

No expanding the field, I kinda like how it is now. Hopefully it'll be nice to have a full 6 car DP grid!
 
No expanding the field, I kinda like how it is now. Hopefully it'll be nice to have a full 6 car DP grid!

I know your position but, I would like to see 8 DP cars and 8 GT!
 
Based on attentance....

8 DP and 10 GT?

As it stands with 6 DP and 10 GT, we're getting maybe 4-5 DP and 7-8 GT per race... Which is good numbers, but as they say, "its better to have too many than not enough."
 
Tez_SP17
Based on attentance....

8 DP and 10 GT?

As it stands with 6 DP and 10 GT, we're getting maybe 4-5 DP and 7-8 GT per race... Which is good numbers, but as they say, "its better to have too many than not enough."

But if we have too many that want to race, then those who can't make the room will flip.

And we only have 4-5 DP signed up, Tissimo.... I think we scared him away at Monza :(
 
No one got any thoughts on my previous post? Especially the qualifying?

Elsewhere, I believe proper penalties need to be put in place for next season, not just convenient work-arounds.

Also, after the SSR5 qualifying argument, I reckon that either we do qualifying separately, or we have a 5-10 minutes chequered flag period. In this period everyone completes their last flying lap, then pauses to cruise around to the pits. Then everyone can mention their times so that the grid is set. This period is also used to get any drinks and loo breaks out of the way.
 
No one got any thoughts on my previous post? Especially the qualifying?

This would work. Room host should also state in the chat when qualifying is officially over.
 
What about cautions? Should we keep them? My opinion is that they are beneficial because no one has abused them yet. Plus Besides Daytona, we haven't had more than 1 caution a race. Hats off to the drivers for driving a clean race.
 
What about cautions? Should we keep them? My opinion is that they are beneficial because no one has abused them yet. Plus Besides Daytona, we haven't had more than 1 caution a race. Hats off to the drivers for driving a clean race.

I don't mind the cautions. It makes for a close race and puts an interesting spin on pit strategy.
 
I think it needs serious review after the Daytona incident. Unless that was already done? Not sure, by words I don't see a change and I haven't been to any recent races to know. :p
 
I think we also need to have some stewards for next season. Just in case the 🤬 does hit the fan. This also means that we will probably need to establish a legit penalty system too.
 
I don't mind the cautions. It makes for a close race and puts an interesting spin on pit strategy.

I agree. I am for keeping cautions especially if we switch to medium or hard tires. That would throw even more strategy out there. Say we go to hard tires, does the 3rd place driver who pitted 3 laps ago stay out and benefit right away from his tires because they already are heated up, or does he go in the pits and be better off in the long run. I love it.

I think it needs serious review after the Daytona incident. Unless that was already done? Not sure, by words I don't see a change and I haven't been to any recent races to know. :p

We have switched to where both classes pit on the same lap to speed it up. We haven't had more than 1 caution a race since Daytona.
 
Okay, that's better. Really didn't like being left behind. :(
 
Okay, that's better. Really didn't like being left behind. :(

Yea it did kind of get old having to wait 2 full laps waiting for everyone to pit. Hopefully you can make the race this week 👍
 
We have switched to where both classes pit on the same lap to speed it up. We haven't had more than 1 caution a race since Daytona.

Have we though? I was glared at for pitting on same lap at Indy
 
Probably my fault I was unsure if the rules had changed so pitted the next lap lol.
 
Probably my fault I was unsure if the rules had changed so pitted the next lap lol.

That was the first caution for me since dc'ing at Daytona. No idea how the other cautions operated, if any
 
That was the first caution for me since dc'ing at Daytona. No idea how the other cautions operated, if any

We still pit on the same lap. There was a little confusion about if we still pitted on 2 separate laps in NAEC races. As far as I know we still pit on the same lap every race. I think PaulMac was trying to get a wave-around if I wasn't mistaking. Same with Polarbear. He didn't pit on the same lap either.
 
Back