The Singer-Williams DLS Is a Symphony of Carbon Fiber and Performance

I Duckduckgo'ed Singer and the first hit I got was this.

singer.jpg

:embarrassed:

It seems that Singer was an English car manufacturer, amongst other things.

My reason for this post and searching Singer being to show the difference between the Singer models.

01-singer-911-oregon-1100x732.jpg

vs

Singer-DLS-GWFOS-17-800x533.jpg

I had a good look around the DLS during the Festival of Speed, and some of the detailing is impeccable. The engine alone could be looked at for a good few minutes, yet it looks relatively simplistic, unlike some engine bays that are more akin to a snake pit.

Reading the plaque situated behind the car detailing certain aspects of the project, I didn't realise that the likes of Norbert Singer and Hans Mezger were involved in the car's development, though perhaps it's not that surprising given their respective backgrounds.

And the noise... :embarrassed:

First customer cars have been finding their way to their new homes since April. Probably only a tiny handful built and the current owners may be hesitant to lend their cars out right now.

I don't there's been any driving reviews until now?

Well they definitely should've given it to somebody else. I just flipped through the video, clicked like 20 different spots, and at each moment that dude was talking. The video is specifically about the noise so shut the hell up. I don't know who this guy is but he's instantly one of my least favorite reviewers. I dare you, flip all over that video and try to find a moment longer than 3 seconds where that dude isn't talking.

Also I'm concerned about all the misfires? Maybe that was traction control?

Last edited:
Back