The sleeper wagon

• Thread starter mr_lab_rat
  • 41 comments
I agree, great design originally made by BBS for the e46 M3 CSL. The M3 offset would not fit the non-M. Many companies made replicas and I think VMR is good balance in price vs quality (and weight).

They would probably look a bit dated on brand new cars (F3x, the new 2 series) but they look great on anything from years 2000-2010.

VMR has bunch of other good designs (original and replicas). They focus on making the spokes look very concave.

10/10 would buy again (actually I should probably replace the front right because it's got some curb rash)

My dad has a E46 Wagon as-well... Just it sits in the Garage.:(

... since well we dont run it in the winter. Plus it sat all last summer.. :s. This what happens when you have to many vehicles :lol:

Screen-Shot-2013-09-05-at-3.27.17-PM-570x363.png

[Picture found on google][Same color][same year]
I think i want to buy it off him instead of his mini cooper after looking at this thread... :lol:

Somehow ran into this thread; im gonna re-quote myself, ended up getting the touring, and I am beyond happy! (minus my pocket).

118791813_1220323678322896_1717932873332751526_o-jpg.910646

I must say, you have one clean touring! Such a clean build and I need to slap a MTech II front bumper on my wagon as-well! I have been considering supercharging my wagon as-well; unless I decide to stuff a S54 in there; not entirely sure yet!

Last edited:
Do you still have the car? if not do you remember the size's of the tyres you used?

I sold the car when it had over 300k kms two years ago.. But of course I remember all the numbers. I ran 225/40 front and 255/35 rear which is OEM size for 18" wheels. Once the rears went (and it didn't take long :) I got 265/35 rears but had to roll the fenders to stop rubbing with 18x9.5 ET45 rear wheel.

I was going to go for 235/40 front but sold the car before they needed replacing.

Last edited:
Somehow ran into this thread; im gonna re-quote myself, ended up getting the touring, and I am beyond happy! (minus my pocket).

I must say, you have one clean touring! Such a clean build and I need to slap a MTech II front bumper on my wagon as-well! I have been considering supercharging my wagon as-well; unless I decide to stuff a S54 in there; not entirely sure yet!

You got the touring nicely sorted as well. Now I'm gonna inspire you for the next car:

IMG_3207small.jpg

C496E656-AE74-401F-9729-E60AFC352AE3.jpeg
A95BB837-CE94-437F-8AA0-31E28078F068.jpeg
Ah sad you sold the car. But sometimes it’s time for something new. I just bought the e46 325i 5 speed manual touring from my parents a month ago. They had it for a few years. Planning to give it a paint correction and mount a M-tech 2 front bumper. I also want to change the halogen headlights to oem xenon.

Last edited:
View attachment 963261 View attachment 963260 Ah sad you sold the car. But sometimes it’s time for something new. I just bought the e46 325i 5 speed manual touring from my parents a month ago. They had it for a few years. Planning to give it a paint correction and mount a M-tech 2 front bumper. I also want to change the halogen headlights to oem xenon.

Very nice, they are great cars, mine just got a bit too old and I wanted to grab one of the last M2 before they got replaced with the M2 Competition model for 2019 (more expensive, doesn't sound as good).

Some nice wagons in here. That supercharger, though :drool:. I'd love to hear that car pull. Is the M2 yours as well?

Some nice wagons in here. That supercharger, though :drool:. I'd love to hear that car pull. Is the M2 yours as well?

The supercharger was great. The positive displacement design (Lysholm twinscrew) meant that there was no delay. The whole torque curve got pushed up about 120ft/lb upwards so it still had the typical BMW inline 6 strong midrange.
It didn't add much to the noise, there was just faint whine.

Yes, the M2 is mine. The wagon got old, I didn't need 5 doors anymore, and wanted to grab an M2 before they replaced it with M2 Competition which was more expensive, had nicer seats, but sounds like a metal trash can rolling down a hill :)

I sold the car when it had over 300k kms two years ago.. But of course I remember all the numbers. I ran 225/40 front and 255/35 rear which is OEM size for 18" wheels. Once the rears went (and it didn't take long :) I got 265/35 rears but had to roll the fenders to stop rubbing with 18x9.5 ET45 rear wheel.

I was going to go for 235/40 front but sold the car before they needed replacing.
Hey Mike!

My touring has got quite the transformation since, and I'm about to order a set of the same VMR V703's as you had. Do you happen to remember the front ET value?
IMG_4242.jpg
IMG_4247.jpg

Latest Posts

Back