The Snail Livery

• Thread starter Wolfsatz
  • 93 comments
United States
Virginia
Wolfsatz
The corner to discuss liveries, pictures, tips, decals, requests, tutorials, etc.

To start with.. almost finished project just need the right tags.

EDIT: This one is now completed with the correct NJ tags.
BTW Nova.. I searched for the NJ tag doing the exact same tags.. still no go! Thanks for re sharing via the activity wall.

20180109194721 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20180109194731 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20180109194741 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Last edited:
Gotta add one of these to it...because "Fahrvergnugen".

$%28KGrHqEOKpwE1q0Fg0g7BNlUnHe63w~~_35.JPG

67c8ab5afbb3958756f172caf889b14a.jpg

They loolk awesome.. however... the WD40 with yellow / blue is a huge 'huh? :eek:'. Some of the gold decals look very good with brown. Look for Bulova / Baieys.

Really the only car with any kind of real theme is the Nova. The other two I just slapped decals I like for that space, the WD40 one in particular was chosen strictly because of the shape, and the amount of space there on the hood. The bettle has fallout on the hood and The Blues Brothers on the back. The 4c has vagisil and wd40 on the front and wonka bars on the side. Anyway whats up the the aero stuff on the beetle behind the rear wheels, i slapped some decal on there and they also ended up on the car behind that.

Last edited:
I'll be working on this today, but wanted to show how it is starting off anyhow.

edit: Guess not....for some reason I cannot attach the pic.:banghead:

trying again.
Snail Livery 4c.jpg

And the Nova I'm playing with a bit......

Snail Livery Nova.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing with different colors on the Alfa, now that I have the pattern pretty much laid out the way I want. Update soon.

I kept trying and couldn't get it a way I liked. I was trying to align it with the rest of a white thing I'm doing over the top. Anyway, earlier today I read on here how to put decals on the underside of a rear wing without it showing up on top.

You put it on top like normal, flip it horizontally, and change the angle limit to 10. It will show up on the underside. Now just put a decal over the top of the wing to cover that part and then you have a fresh area to work with on top. You should see them on my cars tonight.

You put it on top like normal, flip it horizontally, and change the angle limit to 10. It will show up on the underside. Now just put a decal over the top of the wing to cover that part and then you have a fresh area to work with on top. You should see them on my cars tonight.

that is good tip. I figure you could do this given that you can see the top decal sometimes while editing but did not have much time to fiddle around with it.

I've also seen some racers during the daily race with decals on the windows. any info on that?

that is good tip. I figure you could do this given that you can see the top decal sometimes while editing but did not have much time to fiddle around with it.

I've also seen some racers during the daily race with decals on the windows. any info on that?

I saw that yesterday myself.

That depends on the car. The rear passenger windows of the Gr4 Atenza and the Gr3 Lancer can be painted over, but I'm not sure what else.

Anyway, earlier today I read on here how to put decals on the underside of a rear wing without it showing up on top.

To put a decal on the underside of the wing, use the 'Align with Camera' option to line the cross-hairs up with the surface, you have to rotate the camera around so you are looking at the rear of the wing. Then choose and place the decal. Depending on the wings profile, you may need to adjust the Angle or Depth setting but not very often.

Anyway whats up the the aero stuff on the beetle behind the rear wheels, i slapped some decal on there and they also ended up on the car behind that.
@Tecticles
In decal application, the icon to the far left is "projection", put the slider to the right to "0" and this will be eliminated.

Yea I was thinking of doing one in blues and white but way too much work for me lol

I'm sure there was an easier way, but for the white dotted lines I used the - in the number library and tried to spread them out evenly. Still needs some work, and I forgot to paint the mirrors orange! :banghead: ......Back at it......Updates later.

So.. the VW lives on and I keep tweaking Harry's Shamrock @Harry Rowley

Changed the wheels to Rays, added a few sponsors and made it a Wolfburg Edition VW. Could not figure out a way to write on the underside of the wing.

20180117225129 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Point the camera at the underside of the wing. After selecting the new layer you get the three options the final being "select decal" in blue,
use the middle one and point it at the bottom of the wings and voila decal on the bottom side.

Point the camera at the underside of the wing. After selecting the new layer you get the three options the final being "select decal" in blue,
use the middle one and point it at the bottom of the wings and voila decal on the bottom side.

👍👍👍👍 Shall try this tonight on the Mazda.. LOL

Back