The Snail Livery

• Thread starter Wolfsatz
  • 93 comments
5116666497744274952_0.jpg

5116662099764871680_0.jpg

That's one down. SLS GT3 is done and waiting for the last car announcement

Last edited:
Made a quick one for the Ferrari, tweaked the Subaru (those lines on the sides and front bumper), and attempted something on the Honda but I'm at a loss for inspiration since you can't really see any of it when in a race.

5836695987370885132_0.jpg

5981374115063300100_0.jpg

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I can't get anything to go on the side of the upper back part of that flat piece on the 919, but yet I see other's are doing it!:banghead:
Any help is appreciated.

You man you want to put things on the shark fin right?

Use the project by camera method and increase depth to 2 or 3, just enough for it to show up (I know it's weird).

You man you want to put things on the shark fin right?

Use the project by camera method and increase depth to 2 or 3, just enough for it to show up (I know it's weird).
Thanks DP that's exactly what I was missing! Didn't even think about it.
Thanks again!:cheers:

This is a work in progress. I knew I wanted a white stripe on the side coming out of the wheel opening. Should it continue to the door line? I thought it should mirror the curve of the rear wheel arch but I'm second guessing how it looks.

Suggestions are highly encouraged, what to you guys think?
5053043192934432777_23.jpg

Would someone be so kind and create a Marlboro livery (example below) for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S 2015 for me please?
I don’t have the skill.

5BC85488-7E73-42B8-AFE7-542099D84481.jpeg

@THRASH, that would be so very awesome if you could. As long as it’s ready for Sunday night. Thank you so much. If you can’t get to it, no worries as well.

Share one of your liveries on the Gran Turismo activity feed so I can preview it and see all aspects of it.

Share one of your liveries on the Gran Turismo activity feed so I can preview it and see all aspects of it.
You mean like one of the ones I’ve added to my collection? I’ve actually haven’t created any...I typically search for and add. But I’ll try

Would someone be so kind and create a Marlboro livery (example below) for the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S 2015 for me please?
I don’t have the skill.

View attachment 754062

I am not into making replica liveries, but while goofing around in the editor last night, I remembered your request for one and thought I would see what is involved in making a simple one. Did a quick search in discovery to get the Marlboro text. Here is how I did it:

1. paint car solid red.
2. Add decal to Left side.
3. under basic shapes, choose the Polygon.
4. Adjust size of polygon and place on door.
5. duplicate on reverse.
6. Add decal to left side.
7. Under Collections, choose your newly acquired 'Marlboro' decal.
8. Resize as needed and place text on door.
9. duplicate on reverse and flip horizontally so letters are not backwards.
10. For the hood, do the same thing with the polygon and text.
11. For the front, I used a circle.

Maybe these steps will inspire you to delve into the wonderful world of livery editing?

This one has some pin striping and other stuff on the rear. Nothing too difficult, just more steps better left for another time.

AstonRedrims.jpg

I am not into making replica liveries, but while goofing around in the editor last night, I remembered your request for one and thought I would see what is involved in making a simple one. Did a quick search in discovery to get the Marlboro text. Here is how I did it:

1. paint car solid red.
2. Add decal to Left side.
3. under basic shapes, choose the Polygon.
4. Adjust size of polygon and place on door.
5. duplicate on reverse.
6. Add decal to left side.
7. Under Collections, choose your newly acquired 'Marlboro' decal.
8. Resize as needed and place text on door.
9. duplicate on reverse and flip horizontally so letters are not backwards.
10. For the hood, do the same thing with the polygon and text.
11. For the front, I used a circle.

Maybe these steps will inspire you to delve into the wonderful world of livery editing?

This one has some pin striping and other stuff on the rear. Nothing too difficult, just more steps better left for another time.

View attachment 754476
Thanks @JamCar0ne for the detailed instruction. I will have to give it a go.

Thank you.

I'm still working on the livery for the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. When it's done, I'll post it here.
I’m lame.... I use other people’s liveries who share. However I am learning how to create them thanks to @JamCar0ne. He has provided some basic instruction and an additional tool for me to play around with, Inkscape.
I figure by next season i’ll Be able to debut some of my own basic liveries.

Back