The Southeast Asian Tsunami and how it Relates to GTPlanet

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 148 comments
  • 3,958 views

1X83Z

Premium
Messages
20,944
United States
usa
I'm sure you're all aware of this.

Did you guys know Sage is in Thailand currently?

Let's hope he's okay.
 
Ya I was watching CNN all night. I hope Sage is alright.
 
M5Power
I'm sure you're all aware of this.

Did you guys know Sage is in Thailand currently?

Let's hope he's okay.

Don't forget under18carbon, who lives in Malaysia. But yes, I hope both he and Sage are ok. It's ****ing horrible what's happening over there at the moment, i've already seen footage of people being swept away it's damn horrible.
 
Ya I've seen footage of people just being swept away, and it just makes you feel horrible.
 
ND4SPD
Ya I've seen footage of people just being swept away, and it just makes you feel horrible.

That's not the end of it, I mean the dead bodies are then being washed back ashore.
 
Yeah I have friends who are visiting Thailand. I hope everyone here is okay.
 
Holy smokes, it didn't add up until you mentioned it :scared:


M
 
Yeah, that never crossed my mind either...
 
Neither. Christ. I hope Sage and anyone over there from GTP is okay. Someone get in touch with Sage if possible, this is worrying. :indiff:
 
*BIG BREATH* The wave was moving at 450mph (WOW) and hit he shore at 20mph or 50mph depending on the shape of the shore. the wave was 30 storys high and when it crashed down it was 100 billion tons of water and science people (didnt know how to spell the proper word) said that the whole planet is vibrating and will stop sometime in the new year. * GASPS FOR AIR* Now all thats scary, its like something from the day after tomorow and its been classed as a disaster on bilblecal proportions.
 
Didn't it affect the Earth's rotation? Damn.

I really hope Sage and carbon are alright. This is insane.
 
Giancarlo
Didn't it affect the Earth's rotation? Damn.

I really hope Sage and carbon are alright. This is insane.
I hope that they are ok too. If the earths rotation was affected dosent that mean that gravity would be affected and that the earth would stop spinning hence "the core" would happen and there would be a second ice age in some parts of the world and a heatwave in others. wow all that knowlege for a 12 year old.
 
gt3 drifter
I hope that they are ok too. If the earths rotation was affected dosent that mean that gravity would be affected and that the earth would stop spinning hence "the core" would happen and there would be a second ice age in some parts of the world and a heatwave in others. wow all that knowlege for a 12 year old.

Well, it did get awful cold in Miami the past couple days. Lotsa wind chills too.
 
Giancarlo
Well, it did get awful cold in Miami the past couple days. Lotsa wind chills too.
Yea and ireland has got bad weather but some good, we got snow. but this means that we are sitting ducks in the path of the metorite that is suppoused to hit in fifteen years. Im off to see if eBay has any metorites for sale. will post results. bbl
 
It's been all over the news.
I thought there was a few more GTP members in that area but I hope U18C and Sage are safe on high ground.

Found out yesterday there were also deaths in Africa because of the Tsunami!
 
gt3 drifter
I hope that they are ok too. If the earths rotation was affected dosent that mean that gravity would be affected and that the earth would stop spinning hence "the core" would happen and there would be a second ice age in some parts of the world and a heatwave in others. wow all that knowlege for a 12 year old.
The Earth spins because of gravity (actually, the tidal gravity caused by it's place in the formation of the solar system, rather than spinning causing gravity. So don't worry about it on that score. If the Earth stopped rotating completely there would still be plenty of gravity to go around. The Core was just a stupid movie after all.

I instantly thought of Sage because I know him well, and somewhat later thought of U18C. Nothing to do but hope and wait until we hear from them and any others affected. I hope all our Asian members are safe and well.
 
gt3 drifter
*BIG BREATH* The wave was moving at 450mph (WOW) and hit he shore at 20mph or 50mph depending on the shape of the shore. the wave was 30 storys high and when it crashed down it was 100 billion tons of water and science people (didnt know how to spell the proper word) said that the whole planet is vibrating and will stop sometime in the new year. * GASPS FOR AIR* Now all thats scary, its like something from the day after tomorow and its been classed as a disaster on bilblecal proportions.
You know it's not unusual for Tsunamis to travel more than 600mph.

I think that if Sage and carbon aren't stayng on the coastline, they should be fine. Being in an upscale hotel would help, too. The reason for these earthquakes and tsunamis killing so many people is because most of the people don't live in very good conditions. Their "house" are easily destroyed. If that tsunami hit the american coastline, far fewer lives would be lost.
 
im back, there are meteorites for sale. they say that all countries that are beside the sea should invest is proper warning systems and that it will happen again. also that the seabed rose by 30 foot and thats what created the wave. this has turned into talk about meteorites and memorials about u18c and sage. im going to start a thread for them wanting them to post in it so we will know if there ok and back to gtp.
 
neon_duke
The Earth spins because of gravity (actually, the tidal gravity caused by it's place in the formation of the solar system, rather than spinning causing gravity. So don't worry about it on that score. If the Earth stopped rotating completely there would still be plenty of gravity to go around. The Core was just a stupid movie after all.
But if the Earth stopped rotating, I'm sure most people would die due to extreme cold and heat. One side of the earth would be in near eternal daylight while the other side would be in night. It would take an entire year for the sun to go through one complete cycle, which would cause extreme temperature fluxuations. Now, if the earth stoped moving really quickly, the entire surface of the earth would be torn off and everybody would be dead.
gt3 drifter
im back, there are meteorites for sale. they say that all countries that are beside the sea should invest is proper warning systems and that it will happen again. also that the seabed rose by 30 foot and thats what created the wave. this has turned into talk about meteorites and memorials about u18c and sage. im going to start a thread for them wanting them to post in it so we will know if there ok and back to gtp.
Unfortunatley, tsunami and earthquake warnings don't exist. They're still way ahead of our time.
 
Event Horizon
Unfortunatley, tsunami and earthquake warnings don't exist. They're still way ahead of our time.
But we can detect an earthquake while it's happening. The Tsunami took 3 hours to reach Sri Lanka. That's plenty time to warn people and get them away from the coast.

There are earthqake detectors in the Pacific so that Japan and the US gets warnings of any Tsunamis heading their way. Why aren't there any in all the other oceans?
 
You guys have known these 2 for so long surely you'd know where they live right?
 
Dammit, didn't even think about that. Thoughts are going out to everyone involved in this catastrophe and do hope Sage and Shant are ok.
 
yea and on the news the other day....it snowed in some parts of texas...thats weird....and i have a friend in mexico and he said it was -4c the other day...thats below freezing!! omg.....god's coming. all this stuff freaks me out
 
I thought of Sage pretty much instantly. I saw some really bad footage of bodies floating in open seas, and of a man who was washed back on to a beach.

They have these emergency morgues - with bodies lying everywhere, on top of eachother even. 4,700 confirmed dead in India - expected are over 10,000 dead in India alone. I believe Thailand was hit the least hard.

Man, to think they have detection systems for Tsnumani's, which open up enough time for proper evacutations, this could've prevented thousands of deaths.
 
I'm sure Sage and U18C are doing fine. A little weiry from the disaster, but ok. I'm sure Sage and him will let us know how they're doing and maybe show pics.
 
Back