The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Congratulations to SoKa for a great win at Spa. đź‘Ť Will's second place was more than enough to see him become this season's Sunday Cup Champion, well deserved :bowdown: Congratulations to Bo for your podium!

It's been said already, massive thanks to Ade for doing the hard work to come up with another fantastic season of Sunday Cup and to all you Gentlemen racers for making it challenging and enjoyable, already looking forward to next year. :cheers:

Spa stories...

Cpt. the pics are awesome as usual!! I've make it in a few over the last two races. :dopey:

felt pretty good about my race overall. Finally got the car to do what I wanted for the most part. I had no clue you could loose 9 hp in one race!! :banghead: this probably kept me from mixing it up with Jammy and GC. starting on the meds would have been my best option I believe. That being said just being back with the Sunday Cup was enough for me.

Ade good to hear you will be back with season 6!! don't think there is a series better run than yours.:bowdown: as good but not better that's for sure.

Awesome pics Capt D.

Ok guys, its only been 2 weeks since the championship ended, and Will was crowned the new Sunday Cup champion. I was hoping to bring you some news on prizes shortly after the season ended, but I am still waiting for confirmation on these at the moment.

However, I did ask Bo to do some special pictures which I have sent in last week, so hopefully they will get put up on the facebook page soon and I can reveal the prizes. I probably picked the worst time to be asking for prizes and mentions on facebook, right in the middle of a social media marketing campaign for the new 3- Eleven. If any of you missed it, here it is. Would be a nice addition to GT6.

LOTUS 3-ELEVEN
450 BHP 900KG
0-60 2.8 seconds
TOP SPEED 180 mph

311-lotus-front-angle-600x315-c.jpg

lotus3_eleven_2.jpg

So hopefully we will hear some prize news soon. Sorry for the waiting guys. Below are the pics that Bo made, including the final pic of the day, and some shots of the championship winner, Weescotman. Huge thanks to Cobani for these stunning shots.

SPA-PIC-OF-THE-DAY.JPG

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.JPG

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.JPG

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_5.JPG

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_6.JPG

Champion-SC5-Weescotman.JPG

Evening guys. At long last I have some prize news. Apologies for the delay in news regarding this. Previous Sunday Cup prizes ave consisted of keyrings, Die cast models and some awesome patches and tickets to Silverstone from GC Gary. For the prizes this season I contacted the PR department and suggested offering a factory visit for the winner. They liked the idea,but have kept me waiting as there has been a lot of other PR stuff going on with the new cars.

However, last week I received confirmation that there will be the chance for three Sunday Cuppers to visit the factory at Hethel. This visit will take place in the late summer, (date to be confirmed) and will be offered to the top 3 from season 5. Weescotman, Capt D and Theewar. If any of the top 3 cannot attend, the visit will be offered down to other racers in championship order.

At this time I do not know what the visit will consist of. It may just be a factory tour, or there may be the chance for some passenger laps around the track. The visit will also feature on social media. You will have to organize your own transport to Norfolk, and I can provide links for hotels and B and Bs should anyone wish to stay over.

I will keep you up to date with any more news and dates as they become available.

OK, more news. Ive had a good break from GT6, which was well needed. Doing SC, GTP ES and other races was almost a bit too much and I needed some time out. I will be back online this week, Wednesday hopefully but more likely Thursday to offer any help in preparation for this weekends Japan 12 hour race. After that we need to start thinking about the teams for the VLN 4 hour race on Aug 15th which will see both SCAR teams in action. I will be off work for 2 weeks at the beginning of August, but will be going away between the 3rd and 7th of August. Anyway, hope to see some of you later in the week.

Evening guys. This coming weekend see's the SCAR teams competing in their final rounds of the GTPlanet Endurance series. All teams have done considerably well. Firstly SCAR Honda will be taking to the grid in GT500 class in the Brands Hatch 4 hour race on Saturday 19th, followed by both SCAR TCN and SCAR Lotus teams in the London 12 hour, also at Brands Hatch on Sunday 20th.

To help with all of our preparations for these events, I will be hosting a 90 minute endurance race on Friday evening. All classes of car are invited to the grid, to give us a mixed class race. All members of The Sunday Cup are welcome to come and join in this 1 off event. The lobby will be open at 8.30 GMT, with 10 minutes Quali at 8.50. The grid order will be fastest 1st. This will be a great warm up for the weekends races and a chance for all Sunday Cuppers to show their support and get involved.

All classes of cars are in the graphic below. Those who are competing at the weekend will be using the cars they are racing in, everyone else may choose their weapon.

SCAR SPEC.png

Hopefully we will have a nice busy grid for this special event.

It'll be good to have you back Andy, we've only run 5lap races with 4 or 5 cars so the longer run with more cars will be great for the race come the weekend.

SCAR Lotus didn't have that luck element @ Brands that you need and with GT6 lobby you have to have it in abundance. :mad:

We did all we could before the race and during the race. I thank the team for the awesome work everyone did and it's just great to have fun doing this and at the same time racing at the top level.

I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year!

Real life has occupied all my time and energy lately so I have only had a few moments (sweet though) behind the wheel. I do hope that there will be different when the new year starts and things will be more settled. I miss the racing and this community alot.

And I have a new year promise! I will challange my self by using the mic. :) Yeah, you will have your laughs and then be dead tired when you try to understand what Im saying...

Well, I might sneak some track time during the hollidays, see you!

Latest Posts

Back