The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
well great to be back with the Sunday Cup. my race did not go as I would like however it was enjoyable battling with Nomad. got very dicey at the end for us with vehicles on the cool down lap so not sure how that should be ruled. I was not on the pace really and it just shows that development and track time really is needed so I'm going to try to be at Spa although I have a retirement party to attend. I might just pack up my ps3 and take it to the party that's suppose to start around the time the race should finish. always a good time with the Sunday Cup (SCAR) crew!!

Was good fun the other night, granted it wasn't the race I wanted, but still good fun. Started on pole (slight shock considering Warren was posting 48's in practice with ease) got a good start, into the first corner being chased by soka, cpt, Warren very closely. Turned out to be the best 5 or 6 laps I've raced so far all withing a sec and side by side switching positions. Then I got a bit of a break, 4 secs. Normally I'd have kept it clean and consistant, but with those 4 behind I had the mindset of foot to the floor because that's what they'll be doing. Lap 12 and I lost the balance of the car on the long right hand bend, as I spun repeatedly I seen them all go by. Rejoined in 9 I think, gathered myself and pitted onto the sm tyre for another 12 laps, slowly I made my way up into 5th. With Meg and soka in front. There wasn't enough laps after my final stop to go any higher, until lap 35 soka and megg had a coming together just after the chicane, I was then in 3rd! Needed one more clean lap and I'd done a decent recovery job. I've never been happier to see the checkered flag.

Note to self, "concentrate more"

Well Sunday's race was a bit of a lonely one for me, after a somewhat disastrous turn one...

I hadn't managed to fit in any practice during the week preceding the race, which was a shame as I was starting to find my feet with the circuit. Qualifying on the SH tyres I lined up behind Megg in 10th spot, who had put in a lot of practice and shown great pace so I was happy enough to be starting from there...

However, my race went pear shaped at the very first corner. I made a decent start off the line and spotted a gap and braked as late as I dared into the first corner. I went ever so slightly deep, but made the corner cleanly, but as I was accelerating out, I got unceremoniously clouted by Canary (did you even realise you'd hit me and spun me round?) :confused: hmm I presume not as usually a word of apology might be vocalised if nothing else!

My car was pitched into an uncontrollable spin and Socal hit me side on. I was so annoyed that I let it affect my concentration somewhat, so my laps were a bit ragged, my tyre marks from the spin at turn one were there to remind me for the whole race! My race was now one of playing catch-up.

I managed to make my way through the field with a largely error-free but unspectacular race, finishing in 6th position. Truth be told even though the first lap cost me time and affected my rhythm, 6th was still a decent result and perhaps the best I could have achieved anyway, but if I could have latched onto Megg and kept in his slipstream, who knows, I think I could have made a race of it....

Ah well, roll on Spa :)

Last edited:
Brilliant racing. Got a really good start, escaped whatever was going on behind me at the first corner and found meself with a clear track ahead of me.Bit of pressure from goodwolf disappeared on the 5th or 6th lap. Got close to cpt.d at one stage but after we pitted he pulled away from me. I managed to pass soka on the 35th lap but we got a bit tangled up at the tight chicane letting will into third place. Sorry warren! Congrat's on the win.

At Fuji I start fourth on soft tyres and for the next 11 laps I dabbled with 3rd, 2nd, 1st and back to 4th again, fantastic racing! At the first pit stop I follow Warren in but exit ahead having taken on less fuel, he was soon to pass though as I had opted for medium tyres whilst he had stayed with the softs. It's time for my second pit stop on lap 23, back onto soft tyres and more fuel. I re-join in 5th this time but am up to 3rd as others make their stops soon after. I gradually catch and pass SoKa, now on mediums, at the start of lap 29. Warren has a good lead as I chase him to the flag to finish second.

Congratulations to Warren for the win, great recovery for Will after his spin to take third. :cheers:

Fuji Fighters...

Fantastic pics Capt D - you managed to capture me sideways...was that difficult to find!?

After the usual congratulatory remarks to those on the podium I would like to congratulate myself for the first 12 or so consistent, reasonable laps. (Even overtaking a struggling Ade at that point). Shortly after the 1st pit stop I span for the first of many times and lost my cool and concentration and slowly but surely watched all of my racing friends leave me for dust. So my poor driving, combined with an additional pit-stop (as I must have pressed the accelerator while entering) meant yet another disappointing end for him.

Canary (did you even realise you'd hit me and spun me round?) :confused:
So sorry Jammy, I was aware of being hit by someone coming into the corner and then clipping someone on the exit but didn't realise the extent of the coming together. I don't think I diverted from my racing line and glad to see that you made it back into a reasonable result.

So to sum my race up in one line it might be "Must NOT try harder". My best lap time was 'OK' and in the mix with the back markers and I was consistent for a third of the race but need to keep one full race together.

sorry Jammy when I realized what happened I tried to decelerate but it was too late. I had no intention to broad side you and I feel the same as you that I let that incident effect my race as well. But I had nowhere near the pace you did. I guess lesson learned for me to put things like that behind me quickly in the future.

Great write ups and awesome pics as usual Capt D. It does seem like the race was a tough one for some others as well as me.

I will be online tonight from 8.00pm to do some advanced testing before Fridays first practice at Spa. No races, just free run to check tyre durability for deciding the lap count for this final race on the 14th.

If anyones about please feel free to join me for some laps.

Great news Ade! Good number of Lotus cars is coming to PS4.

Calabasa, Calif. – June 3, 2015 – 505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves; Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as

• Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
  • Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
  • Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game
Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

well great to be back with the Sunday Cup. my race did not go as I would like however it was enjoyable battling with Nomad. got very dicey at the end for us with vehicles on the cool down lap so not sure how that should be ruled. I was not on the pace really and it just shows that development and track time really is needed so I'm going to try to be at Spa although I have a retirement party to attend. I might just pack up my ps3 and take it to the party that's suppose to start around the time the race should finish. always a good time with the Sunday Cup (SCAR) crew!!

Excellent race with Socal and a great race all round. Was caught out on the last lap, but I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. Looking forward to Spa.

Testing update.

A great amount of data was collected tonight for the season finale. Tyre wear at Spa is not as great as it has been at the last 2 races. More testing will take place tomorrow evening from 8.00pm.

3 sets of SS tyres will be available for this race, so a 3 stopper will be one choice of strategy. The other choice, a 2 stopper will be quicker on paper, but will require some fuel conservation to make it work. More details of this will become available once the lap count has been finalized.

So sorry Jammy, I was aware of being hit by someone coming into the corner and then clipping someone on the exit but didn't realise the extent of the coming together. I don't think I diverted from my racing line and glad to see that you made it back into a reasonable result.

Not to worry Canary, I didn't realise you were tagged beforehand, and thanks for the explanation.... These things happen....

sorry Jammy when I realized what happened I tried to decelerate but it was too late. I had no intention to broad side you and I feel the same as you that I let that incident effect my race as well. But I had nowhere near the pace you did. I guess lesson learned for me to put things like that behind me quickly in the future.

That's cool Socal, I realise there was absolutely nothing you could do to avoid me. I did enjoy making my way through the pack, think I diced with you twice because I made a mistake by putting a rear wheel on the grass and you nipped back through, so I enjoyed that little tussle and had to do it all again the next lap!

Awesome photos Capt D!

OK guys. 2 days of testing has been completed. Big thanks to those who have assisted in this. Blue text below shows some of the findings from theses tests.

The last 2 races have been particularly hard wearing on tyres, so for this final race, 3 sets of SS tyres will be available, although testing at Spa has shown that tyre wear is nowhere near what we have seen at Suzuka and Fuji. This will mean that there will be a choice of strategy's for all racers. To make both strategy's competitive, the lap count for this race has had to be taken into consideration when working out how the 2 strategy's will compete with each other.

Therefore the lap count for this race will be published early to enable everyone ample opportunity to choose what strategy to use.

TOTAL LAP COUNT = 32
MINIMUM LAPS ON SM TYRE = 8

Strategy 1: 2 stopper

On paper the fastest strategy, but carries the risk of running out of fuel. To do this racers will need to use only 2 sets of SS tyre and 1 set of SM tyres. This would mean doing 2 stints of 11 laps and 1 of 10 laps. However, the stints of 11 laps would have to involve some prudent driving to ensure the 11th lap could be completed. Also the SM tyres would have to be used for a minimum of 10 laps, as the car will not run any more than 11 laps on a tank of fuel. This strategy will require discipline and running for long stints on worn tyres.

During tests, Megg230 ran out of fuel approximately halfway round the circuit on the 11th lap. The same happened for Jammyrex. However Capt D managed to complete 11 full laps and return to the pit with 2 litres of fuel left in the tank. He managed to do this on 2 separate occasions. I also tried to run 11 laps and nearly made it, but ran out just before the final chicane and pit entry.

Strategy 2: 3 stopper

The safer strategy. Racers will use 3 sets of SS tyres and 1 set of mediums. The danger of running out of fuel is gone if this is the strategy of choice and racers would not have to be conservative with their lap times, however 1 extra pit stop will be required over the 2 stopper. The minimum distance of 8 laps on the SM tyre could also be satisfied if using this strategy.

I hope that everyone is clear on this, if not please ask. It should make for an interesting final race of the season.

First official practice will be tonight, using the SS tyres. Lobby will be open from 8.00 PM, although due to overtime starting at 6.00 AM tomorrow, I wont be on much after 10.00 PM.

Last edited:
Great first practice session last night with 8 on track to get lap times. We ran several 4 lap races over the evening with some great times and some super close racing. Theewar takes the purple time at this stage with a 35.004.

Tonight is GCs 500pp club at 8.00pm, so I will open a lobby afterwards for some more 4 lap SS tyre runs.

SPA Practice times

THEEWAR...2:35.004
WEESCOTMAN...2:35.248
MEGG230...2:35.362
CAPT D...2:35.453
ADE3210...2:36.010
JAMMYREX...2:36.203
GC255...2:36.562
CANARY...2:38.196

We managed to run a few 4 lap aces after 500pp club last night. Some improvements to the table and a new fastest time by Will as he smashed into the 34's. Socal added his time to the board and Capt D, Megg and myself saw improved lap times.

Tonight's practice will depend on what time the F1 Canadian Grand Prix finishes. Race start is 7.00pm BST, so provided it finishes before 9.00pm or there abouts I will open a room for an hour or so. If there is a delay and it finishes after 9.00pm I will host a couple of extra sessions during the week.

SPA Practice times

WEESCOTMAN...2:34.825
CAPT D...2:35.162
MEGG230...2:35.270
ADE3210...2:35.752
CANARY...2:38.196
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:38.347

Some great racing last night after F1 with 8 on track. Soka turned in his first time and smashed Weescotmans time by 3/10ths to take the purple. Capt D also favoured 3/10ths by improving his previous time by it to keep his third fastest time on the table.

On Wednesday and Thursday this week I will open a lobby from 8.00pm to do some longer strategy runs. Once again these will be held as free practice sessions to test tyre and fuel wear. Short race practice will continue on Friday when we will also do some pit stop/tyre change runs. There will also be a final practice session on Saturday evening, however as Lemans is on this weekend, it probably wont be a late one.

Im also hoping to be able to post some info about the prize/prizes for his season, but I need to wait for confirmation before I can reveal any more. There will also be some news regarding the future before Sundays final race.

SPA Practice times

SOKAGT...2:34.506
WEESCOTMAN...2:34.825
CAPT D...2:34.867

MEGG230...2:35.270
ADE3210...2:35.752
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:37.363
NOMAD...2:37.754
CANARY...2:37.884

OK racers. Wednesday and Thursdays free run practice sessions were great fun and gave us a chance to do some longer runs. Over the 2 nights I managed to do 2 full race distance simulations. One 2 stopper over 32 laps and one 3 stopper. The total times for each were incredibly close.

2 stopper. I ran the first stint on SS tyres and aimed for 11 laps. Ran out of fuel on the last lap along the back straight before the final chicane and had to coast to the pits. Cost me approx 20 seconds. Also had a spin on this stint which cost approx 10 seconds. 2nd stint of 11 on the medium and a full tank. No drama and made the 11 full laps with 1 litre left in the tank. Final stint of 10 on SS with a full tank. Again no drama and managed my fastest lap of the 32 with a 2:36.6xxx. Total time 1:25.39.xxx. Notes. My driving was well off par during this test. Couldnt find a good rhythm as I was tired.

3 stopper. No fuel worries and my driving was much better than the night before. 4 stints of 8 laps with the 3rd stint on the medium before switching back to the SS for the last stint. Fastest lap was a 2:36.2xx. No dramas and no spins. Total time 1:25.35.xxx. Notes. A much better run than the previous test.

Verdict. Although the 2 stopper was 5 seconds slower in my test, it is definitely the faster on paper. I had a fairly bad run when attempting this with slow laps, a spin and running out of fuel which all cost me time. My driving was particularly bad when the tyres were worn. The 3 stopper is a safer option, returning better lap times and the risk of running out of fuel is gone. I think that if one of the faster racers can get the 2 stopper nailed, then victory at Spa will be theirs, but will anyone be prepared to take the risk?

So we are back onto short race practice tonight. We will run some more 4 lap runs, and later take on some pit stop/tyre change races. Lobby will be open from 8.30pm

Good little practice last night with a couple of new PBs. An updated leader board will be posted after the final practice session tonight. I will be taking a break from watching Le Mans from 8.00pm to host the final practice session of the season.

So gents, tonight is the final race of Sunday Cup S5. Double points are up for grabs in this championship decider. Final practice sessions threw up a few new PBs and its Soka leading the table with a 34.310 over championship leader Will. But will anyone be brave enough to opt for the 2 stopper and possibly cause an upset?

SPA Practice times

SOKAGT...2:34.310
WEESCOTMAN...2:34.736
CAPT D...2:34.867

MEGG230...2:35.151
ADE3210...2:35.426
NOMAD...2:37.122
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...2:37.302
CANARY...2:37.884

As usual, please try and join the lobby as early as possible so we can work around any network issues. As this race is slightly longer than usual, and the laps have been calculated to allow 2 strategy's to be competitive its important that the start is not delayed.

Gentlemen, its nearly time to start your engines for the final time this season. Good luck everyone.

POSTER #8.PNG

TT #8.PNG

LOBBY RULES.png

Well racers, that wraps up season 5. 14 starters and 14 finishers for this final race, and fantastic racing from everyone. Full race report and final results will be published tomorrow. As usual this time belongs to the podium. Huge amounts of champagne this time round. The new champ will be crowned tomorrow. BOOOOM!

POD #8.PNG

That was easily the best championship i have ever been involved in. Superb. Practice was brilliant fun. The bumper to bumper racing really gets the heart rate going. Fair play to you ade for organising and for letting me be a part of an excellent championship. We need another c/ship like this!!!

Thank you ade3210. I am kicking myself for not joining this club years ago.

Well done , will. You coped with the pressure well.

Well done to everyone, great final race, had some great battles with GC, Ade and Rosen.
Like Megg, I'm very very happy to be a part of the Sunday Cup. Don't think I'll ever be on the podium, but the people and banter makes up for it. Big thanks to Ade, really looking forward to next season.

Signed
Numpty

Last edited:
Wow what a final race! Started on 3rd ahead of soka, Gary, megg, Warren and ade in front. Decided to get the sm tyre out the way first and then put the foot down. Race started alright ended up in 4th for a lot of it behind soka, altho amazing laps from soka, couldn't get the break from him. Pitted lap 8 and got my racing booties on, got held up on the pits coming in behind a few folk.

Then it was ss time and away I went after ade and Warren, Warren pitted a lap later I think and ade took the lead, could he be ballsy enough to try the 2 stopper? Dam right he was, lap 10 he stayed out, then at the end of that lap coming towards the last chicane, there was ade pushing his Lil lotus towards the pits, hats off to for trying boss. After that it was pretty much keep it on the track, altho I did have a small Oh **** moment, as my second stop I didn't put enough in for 8 laps, my final stint was a 10 lapper. Had a good few laps with Warren, soka, cpt and ade.

Series 5 done, and it turns out I'm the champ (yes Warren champ not chump!) lol it honestly wouldn't be the series it is without bernie Mansfield and the drivers that take part every week. Week in week out we all turn up, have fun and have the best close racing I've been involved and in. It's all of you that make this series worth coming back for.

A whole series using no ABS. It was touch and go at a few points but I stuck with it and can honestly say, I think I've improved because of it. In both tuning and driving ability. Most importantly I remained competitive. Had that not been the case I'd probably have spat the dummy long ago.

I am kicking myself for not joining this club years ago.
You're here now. That's got to count for something.
Well done to everyone, great final race, had some great battles with GC, Ade and Rosen.

For a while I didn't think I'd manage to break away. It wasn't until you ran wide I managed to struggle free.

I spent a vast majority battling for position with Jammy. A couple of times I thought I had made the move stick only for it to switch once more.

OK folks, my final season race report and results are ready.

Race report.

Qualifying 2nd on the grid made me realize that there must of been a high number of drivers going for the SM tyre choice first. I got a good clean start and a good turn in going in La source, but got squeezed out on the exit. A few cars got past me and going through Eau Rouge for the first time I found myself bogged down behind Bo with cars either side. Backing off the accelerator let a few more get past and I had gone from 2nd to 8th in 2 turns. And that is where my 2 stop strategy died. If I had just been patient and sat behind the cars that got past me, I could have managed my fuel. (I had worked out that to succeed in getting 11 laps on 1 tank, you could not use any more than 1/4 tank in the first three laps). But instead I pushed hard to retake the position. A few laps later and I was up to 4th place chasing Soka and Will who were having their own scrap just up ahead on SM tyres. With more grip on the SS I managed to catch them up and first got past Will and then Soka. Warren was too far ahead for me to give him any worrys, so it was now the time for some prudent driving to try and save my strategy.

Expecting to see Warren make his first stop, I was surprised when he stayed out. Was he going for a 2 stopper? That question was answered on lap 10 when he pitted and it was also gamble time for me. Go in or stay out? I opted to stay out and drive slow, but a spin added more time and by the time I had got back on track the fuel was dangerously low. Come on, just get me to the pits. Going onto the back straight the car chugged and slowed to a crawl. ARRRGGGG.

Warren, Will and Soka passed me as I limped back to the pit and then everyone else passed as I refueled. But I had to stick to the strategy if I was to make up any places. Some great battles with NOMAD before I got passed by Jammy and GC in their own battle. I only stayed out for 10 on the medium which meant I had to do 11 laps on my final stint and with Rosen and Nomad closing in behind I couldnt risk running full throttle and emptying the tank halfway around the last lap. I managed to get a little further than the previous 11 before the fuel ran out and managed to limp across the line in 11th.

Results and final standings.

GRID #8.PNG

RESULTS #8.PNG

STANDINGS #8.PNG

Well guys, what a great season of racing we have had. It give me great pleasure to announce the 2015 Sunday Cup champion as WEESCOTMAN and runners up, CAPT D and THEEWAR. Congratulations guys.​

WINNERS.PNG

Prizes. There are prizes for the top 3, but at the moment I am not in a position to announce them. Once I have confirmation from work I will update the thread and let you all now what the prizes are. I can tell you that if they are confirmed, which is very likely, they are immense.

OK. I would like to thank all racers for their participation in season 5. Over the course of the 8 races we have had a total of 113 race starters. That is the highest number we have had in a season yet, and beats season 4s record of 112 total starters. That gives us an average of 14.125 starters per race. This season has lasted longer than previous seasons due to the GTPlanet endurance series and some network issues. I thank you all for your patience during these delays.

And that brings me to my next point. When I started this in 2012 I had no idea it would be so popular and never thought that it would still be running after nearly 4 years. When I started planning season 5, I always had the intention of making this the last one, which was why Spa was chosen as the final track. It was where Sunday Cup started in an Elise, so it would be where it would end. I even discussed this with Bo and GC over the last few weeks.

However, reading all the posts and realizing that you all still enjoy the series, I have decided to continue. Sunday Cup is the only series with manufacturer approval, so it will continue with the current marque. A new series will start in the new year and I think its time that the Evora stretched her legs again.

There will also be a special event towards the end of the year. This will involve all of the Sunday Cup cars we have used to date in a sprint event evening of racing. More details will become available nearer the time.

For those of you who wish to continue racing on Sunday nights, dont forget GCs Type R Cup 2 which will be starting next Sunday.

I am going to be taking a short break from GT6 so I can spend a bit of weekend time with the good lady. I will however be ready for the next round of the GTPlanet endurance series in August.

Once again gents, thank you all. You have all been terrific sports.

Last edited:
What a race for a season finale! Massive thanks to all of you for making each race such an exciting experience. I really hope that if one day this series ends, something new will follow. Hopefully with a certain Mr Ade behind the wheel once more.
But, seriously, how good a race was it! I think that every race should last one and a half hours. Not less. So that there is enough time for one to turn a race around. And for someone to make a mistake. I did watch the replay, broke my heart to see Goodwolf's car slowing with an empty tank just before the final chicane. But what can you say about Bo! There he was behind Goodwolf for the full length of the race, waiting patiently until he got his brake literally 50 meters from the finish line! Heartbreaking stuff! Cpt D missed out just barely. Hated to see Ade's strategy going wrong, that little nudge with Will at the start was a big deal after all. I don't know why Warren pitted later than the rest. You kept me guessing there man. William was very consistent. I couldn't get a brake from him for almost the whole race. A very worthy Champ! And so much faster than last season. As for me, I just love to drive at Spa, it's a place where I make fewer mistakes, compared to Suzuka.
Hugs and kisses
SoKa

First off.Well done to Soka for the win in Spa. I :bowdown: to your Alienship.

A Big Congrats to Weescotman for the overall championship Win. The thought of you in the Evora of all cars next season, just not funny.

To the Boss Mr Ade.. Thank you Sir for all the hard work you put into making the Sunday Cup one of the best Championships in the Virtual Racing world :cheers: <Orange Juice.

Back