The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Well gents, another fantastic race night and I was pleased to keep my strong run of results going.

Firstly, my qualifying didn't go to plan. The reduced lap count flummoxed my choice of setup somewhat. I left it too late to come out to track and messed up my only run, so I started very nearly at the back. Disappointing, cos I knew I had some decent pace (although it had taken a long time in the practice sessions to unlock it).

A good first lap saw me make up a few places, had a nice tussle with cobani and made a move on the back straight to settle in behind Ade and Goofwolf. Some nice close racing ensued, with us 3 driving at a similar pace and we were close together. Just before the first round of Pitstops I made a mistake, got into a right old tankslapper, and the gap to Ade and Goofwolf grew massively, and even Rosen used the opportunity to nip past to drop me another position.

So, onto the SMs and time to get my head down. Goofwolf must have stayed out, and a lap or so later I see him exiting the pits just as I am coming steaming into the first bend.
I misjudge the speed and go off, losing valuable seconds and allowing Meg to catch up.

I then start to catch Goofwolf who was himself closing on Cobani up ahead. Then came my favourite overtaking manoeuvre of the race (lap 11, have a look on the replay!) . Meg was starting to creep up behind. I was closing on Goofwolf and we were having a good old tussle. Then, around the esses, Goofwolf is slightly boxed by cobani and I make a beautifully timed move to thread through a gap between them, wow it was fab!
As the laps go by, Goofwolf starts to catch me again and apply pressure, as my tyres were older than his and I was losing grip.

I start to catch Ade up ahead and then all 3 of us pit together. I must have topped up more in the first pitstop than Ade, as he had to put a bit more fuel than me in 2nd time round allowing me to get the jump.

Awesome. But then, as I accelerate out of the pits, Meg has made a tactical masterstroke by pitting earlier, getting the undercut and using his fresher tyres to jump in front of all of us! All these differing strategies meeting together for the last third of the race!

OK, the last phase of the race.... It turned out to be a spellbinding battle with Meg. And behind I could see a titanic scrap between Ade, Goofwolf and Soka!

I would close up on Meg, especially around the esses, time and again, but he just had fantastic drive out of the last chicane, pulling away each time which was a perfect defense against me, meaning I couldn't get close enough to pass into turn one. Lap after lap the battle went on. I made the run into 130R but Meg showed no mercy in his defense... I was having to apply constant pressure and he was soaking it up. But then, on the penultimate lap I managed to make a move on the back of the circuit, and then 4th place was mine, with captain not too far ahead.

Congrats to the Will, Warren and Captain for the podiums and most importantly everyone who participated and made it such a fantastic race to be part of! :cheers::D:tup:

It was my pleasure and my job as I was in the middle of it all. I had the best time ever and Suzuka delivers again. I love to make some moves here.

@jammyrex Goofwolf really? Oh its on mate! That wasn't a move. I was waiting for Bo to get a grip after I tapped him and he lost the control that is why it was so easy. Still good on you to take the opportunity and not running into us.

This race really showed what high skill level Sunday Cuppers have, thats why I made a playlist to show it to the average joe.
I was waiting for the first three to get in the fight for the win. It didn't happen this time. I guess it would be too perfect.

Ade and all of you guys share the videos where ever you want.

Last edited:
It was my pleasure and my job as I was in the middle of it all. I had the best time ever and Suzuka delivers again. I love to make some moves here.

@jammyrex Goofwolf really? Oh its on mate! That wasn't a move. I was waiting for Bo to get a grip after I tapped him and he lost the control that is why it was so easy. Still good on you to take the opportunity and not running into us.

This race really showed what high skill level Sunday Cuppers have, thats why I made a playlist to show it to the average joe.
I was waiting for the first three to get in the fight for the win. It didn't happen this time. I guess it would be too perfect.

Ade and all of you guys share the videos where ever you want.

@Goodwolf oops my phone spelling auto correct changed it to goofwolf, and it was late at night when I wrote my race report!

Ah well, the move sure felt good even though you held back after tapping Bo!

Really enjoyed watching the replays. I forgot about my little excursion at the final chicane early on until I saw it again there. It undid some of my progress I'd made in the opening lap or two!

Aren't the wing stays a little high?

OK, I have taken a closer inspection of the rear wing at work today. The wing settings I published are too high, so the height is to be decreased to -6 (fully dropped). Also the wing shape is curved and wider than the small wings available, so the wing type has changed to type D with winglets type C. Wing stays remain type A. Please note that downforce may now be adjusted to your preference.

The revised graphic is below.

UPGRADES.PNG

This coming weekend see's 2 recently introduced VLN events in the GTPlanet endurance calendar. These 2 races will be held over a 4 hour duration each on Saturday and Sunday, both at Nurburgring type V.

GC Gary has formed a new team to take part in VLN 1 in a TCN class car. VLN 2 will see the GT Cup Silverstone team in action again.

Due to the strict racing time regulations in these events, it is impossible to enter a greater number of drivers for each team.

4.4.c A Driver must not drive for less than 5% of the scheduled duration of the race, plus 1 hour.

VLN 1 Saturday

SCAR HONDA TCN

GC255
COBANI
THEEWAR

Qualifying will be at __13:00 BST
Room open at_______ 15:00 BST
Green flag at ________16:00 BST
Chequered flag ______20:00 BST

VLN 2 Sunday

SCAR LOTUS GT CUP

WEESCOTMAN
SOKA GT
GOODWOLF

Qualifying will be at ___10:00 BST
Room open at ________12:00 BST
Green flag at _________13:00 BST
Chequered flag _______17:00 BST

I will be hosting some sessions on Wednesday and Thursday, so any help any of you can give us will be appreciated.

Sunday Cup race 7 practice will also begin this weekend. Depending on how we get on with Nurb testing, the first session may be on Friday. If not there will definitely be a session on Saturday and Sunday and as its a bank holiday weekend, it would be rude not to have one on Monday.

Hi guys,
It saddens me to let you know that I'm forced to retire from the series. I finally found some employment, and for that job I will travel weekly to different training facilities (for the next 18months). That means my Sunday evenings will be spent on the road heading to the training locations instead of being at home and turning the wheel for GT6.

I believe the Type-R Cup will be held on Saturdays, so it is possible to continue racing with you great bunch here (assuming the crowd transfers over).

Greeting,
Third Reign

Hi guys,
It saddens me to let you know that I'm forced to retire from the series. I finally found some employment, and for that job I will travel weekly to different training facilities (for the next 18months). That means my Sunday evenings will be spent on the road heading to the training locations instead of being at home and turning the wheel for GT6.

I believe the Type-R Cup will be held on Saturdays, so it is possible to continue racing with you great bunch here (assuming the crowd transfers over).

Greeting,
Third Reign

Thats great news Third. Best of luck in your new job. Its been great having you as a Sunday Cupper since season 1. I hope everything works out well for you.

Hi guys,

Greeting,
Third Reign

Good luck in your new job Third Reign... Shame you can't complete the championship, but we will race again I'm sure.

Hi guys,
It saddens me to let you know that I'm forced to retire from the series.

Good luck with the job Third, see you in Type-R Cup.

I haven't much to say on my race at Suzuka. I started on mediums from third on the grid and managed to stay in touch with Warren and Will up front. On lap 2 though I had a spin at Spoon after running a little wide but recovered to remain in third place. On lap 9 I pit for hard tyres and top up with fuel, drop to 4th place but reclaim 3rd when Scholesy takes to the pit on lap 12. Time for me to pit again on lap 15 and back onto medium tyres, dropping to 8th this time when I rejoin the track. The remaining laps see those that passed me in the pits make their stops and I'm back in 3rd for the remainder of the race. It was an unusual race for me at this circuit, no battles or contact with any other cars, all overtaking and being overtaken done in the pits. :crazy:

Congratulations Will (Champ?) on another win, well done Warren for the podium. :cheers:

People having fun :D

My pit decision was a tad last minute wasn't it? Hope it didn't put you off, that wasn't my aim. It probably warrants a warning!:nervous:

This was my most consistent race/drive of the season (bit late), with the late change to race length this really threw my non-existent pit strategy into turmoil. I've actually got to come up with one for a race at some point.

So I just went as far as the hards and fuel would carry me, making that late decision to pit on lap 12 taking on rest of race fuel, once on the meds I knew I couldn't go all the way with that rubber so pitted with five laps left so they would still have life to push to the end. That ended any chance of a higher finish.

Caught up Paul and Bo on worn tyres, as usual my memory is bad and race a blur, don't know what but something happened with me and Bo at spoon, I took to the grass, Paul managed to sneak through while Bo and I did a bit of 'no after you' Bo allowed me to pass (Bo?)
I hunted down Paul for the remainder, got great drive out the Casio/Hitachi (whatever it's called now) chicane but not quite enough to pull ahead.

If think I could have got a much better result if I was organised, I must become more methodical and plan better. When I hear you guys knowing your splits, having a structured strategy, putting in the time to know fuel and tyre life I know it's the next step to upping my game. Not easy when you're an old Dr GreenThumb:boggled:.

Just a quick query, looking at GW's vids shows Meggs incident at spoon alongside myself. On the vid it looks as though we touch but I swear we didn't, I was quite impressed with my driving to be honest and would have slowed for him if I thought I had caused it. Any thoughts? We had a similar thing at paddock hill when I got a face full of sand so I'd hate to think @megg230 thought it was some kind of retribution..........tell me you don't mate.

So it's practice, collect and analyse important data from increased practice, think about split times, pit strategy, tyre management and most important not having so many funny fags pre-race.:grumpy:

@Cpt. Disaster can you PSN me the pitting pic.👍

Oh and another thing......do you like my avatar?:lol:

Last edited:
Just a quick query, looking at GW's vids shows Meggs incident at spoon alongside myself. On the vid it looks as though we touch but I swear we didn't, I was quite impressed with my driving to be honest and would have slowed for him if I thought I had caused it. Any thoughts? We had a similar thing at paddock hill when I got a face full of sand so I'd hate to think @megg230 thought it was some kind of retribution..........tell me you don't mate.

Not at all scholsy. I was wide anyway. It was a very slight touch and it was me over correcting that put me on the kerb I decided the best option was to go wide, but the little lotus wasn't so keen to rejoin the track.

Pics are brill, gary cpt and the videos are class, goodwolf..

Sunday cup Fuji practice will begin tomorrow at 8.00pm. Tonight I will be hosting a lobby for QP testing for this weekends GTPlanet endurance VLN events at Nurburgring V. The room will be free run with tyre and fuel wear off. So if anyone fancys running some casual fun laps, feel free to join. However I wont be on very late as Saturday overtime commands a 4.30 AM get up. Lobby will be open from 8.30pm

specs.PNG

Last edited:
Great first practice at Fuji last night with the final spec Elise S Cup R. There is tons of grip here and the car feels very nice. Some super racing along with some very nice times, with 8 racers over the course of the evening. Megg managing to set consistent low 49's in the 5 lap races we had and after I had gone I recieved a message telling me that Theewar had broken into the 48's. Lap times will be posted along with new times set tonight. Practice will resume tonight at 8.00pm.

Edit. Practice will resume at 8.00pm, however I will only be on until about 9.30pm.

Last edited:
Some great times from the first 2 sessions at Fuji have been set so far and we have seen some incredibly close on track action.

This final spec for the Elise is meant to represent the Elise S Cup R and it does really feel good, with supreme levels of grip on the SS tyre. This can be seen by the difference in the lap times set after only 2 sessions and should make for an epic penultimate race of this championship.

Another session will begin tonight at 8.00pm and we will continue the 5 lap runs using the SS tyre.

FUJI F PRACTICE TIMES

THEEWAR...1:48.986
MEGG230...1:49.096
CAPT_D...1:49.479
JAMMYREX...1:49.687
WEESCOTMAN...1:49.736
ADE3210...1:49.850
ROSENLUNDAREN...1:50.301
TEH-LOTUS...1:50.422

GTPlanet ES VLN events

This weekend saw some more endurance action in VLN 1 and 2. Both SCAR teams had entrys with SCAR Honda entering in the TCN class on Saturday. After an hours delay the race got underway at 4.00pm. Cobani started for the team and got off to a rocky start with a badly handling car on cold track conditions. Theewar took the wheel after the hour and put in some sterling laps, with Bo takin over again for the final hour to bring the car home P2 in class after an impressive 25 laps.

SCAR Lotus team racers Goodwolf and Soka had a slightly less fortunate race. Only a 5 minute delay to the start and Goodwolf put in some incredible laps for his first stint matching our rivals on this huge track. Close to the end of his second stint, just before a planned pit stop the room suffered a mass DC. With the clock still ticking and the organizers struggling to create a new room and call everyone in, 53 minutes of race time was lost. This put the teams strategy up in the air. Goodwolf went back out on track after the restart and continued in P3 with just the Renaults in front. Soka took over with 1 hour and 10 minutes remaining, however because of the lost race time we would struggle to make the minimum driver time and driver change requirements. With 5 minutes to go another switch to Goodwolf meant we did the 2 required changes, and the team finished 3rd in class. A great result given the challenges the team faced during the race.

As always a massive thanks to everyone involved for their help and support in these ES events.

Last edited:
I had so much fun in the first hour of the race getting from 8th place to 3rd. :)

After first turn I was already in 5th, out braking X-bow driver and getting around two guys involved in an accident. Soon after that I got close to blue GT86 and noticed that he's gonna lose the car on the curbs after the Arena, so I backed of and went on the outside. Then the 20 minute showdown started with GTR_Podador86. There was room to pass and he was very cool with me running up his gearbox, but I couldn't get that much momentum to get him before the next corner on the straights so I've put the pressure on him before the big straight. I got in front there just to be overtaken on the start finish line. For the next lap I pushed even harder seeing I've lost 10 seconds on the previous lap.
I was right on his bumper and for one corner he braked little earlier, but I was ready for that and of course I lost the momentum going uphill at Kesselchen. Now I had to wait for the big straight and this time I stayed right behind him so that I get the jump on him at the start line. What a fight! :cool:

After the mass disconnection my race pace was OK and starting from 3rd I've lost a place to Purple Renault (Heathens) but got into second on the same lap, as DART green Honda and Blackhawks Renault couldn't handle the pressure. :D
At that point I did brake away and had a good minute gap to third place but for some reason my sector times in the first half of the track were great but I was losing 6 seconds in the second and I was pushing there as well.

I was very disappointed after a mass DC and that we had to do the second driver change because I knew before my second pitstop that if I don't make any mistakes and stay a minute behind the leaders, that SoKa could take these teams after they switch to slower drivers.

Still at the end I liked how the car handled here when the room was set to fuel and tyre wear on and that I was very competitive here. I found a good wet setup so I'm ready to take on the N24 hour race. After that, if I'm not mistaken, the next 24 hour race will be at Spa and I would really love if we could defend our last year win there. Especially now that Heathens are making claims that they will be going for a win.

P.S. I've posted my SC playlist of Suzuka race in a video thread here at :gtpflag:

Thats an Awesome write up of the race Goodwolf. 👍👍👍 An update to the results has been posted on the Endurance thread. Because of the late final driver change, the SCAR Lotus team picked up a post race penalty. (No driver changes to start within the final hour) If we hadnt of made the driver change we would not have been classified. So in this instance the penalty was the preferred option and this doesnt affect our position in class so we still picked up 15 points, keeping us at the top of the GT Cup championship standings by 20 points over Green Hell Heathens. Now we just have to beat them in the next 2 races, in their own backyard. :eek::nervous::D

Some more great runs at Fuji last night and some new times on the board. Capt D, Weescotman and Jammy all managed to best their previous time and Nomad and Canary added their times aswell.

FUJI F PRACTICE TIMES

THEEWAR...1:48.986
MEGG230...1:49.096
CAPT_D...1:49.318
WEESCOTMAN...1:49.421
JAMMYREX...1:49.501
ADE3210...1:49.850

NOMAD...1:51.279
CANARY WOOLF...1:52.441

Practice will resume on Friday and we will continue with the 5 lap races and also take in some 8 lap pit stop/ tyre change runs later in the evening.

Important note.

The lap count for Sundays race will be 36 total laps, with a minimum of 9 on the Sports medium tyre. In the event of connection problems which result in a delay to the start of the race of 20 minutes or more, the lap count will be reduced by 4 laps to 32 total laps and a minimum of 8 on the sports medium tyre. This will still give us approx an hours worth of racing.
If everyone can be in the lobby with plenty of time to spare, hopefully we wont have to reduce the lap count.

Ive just completed 100,000+ Miles on GT6 and as ive done most of them with Sunday Cup/SCAR,I would just like to Thank you all for making it a Joy to do them.👍 ..

WOW, 100,000 miles. That is some milestone mate. :)

I'd like to make a request to participate in the next event at Fuji. I'm not traveling again until Monday so I have time to put in work for this weekend if possible.

Awesome. It will be great to have you join us again mate. 👍👍

OK guys, practice resumes tomorrow. But first I have some real life settings to share with you. I did mention this at the start, but had to wait until we had reached the point where the cars were fully adjustable. The print out shows camber and toe settings and I have blanked out caster and thrust, which isnt applicable. Please note that you do not have to use these settings, its just information on how the car is set up in real life. I will try and get hold of spring, rebound and compression data as well.

front.png

rear 001.png

Special thanks to @Hyper-Dan for the print outs.

Fantastic Friday practice with 9 on track. Some great times set during the evening, with hybrid versions of the factory set up working for some. Capt _D became the new pace setter with an awesome 48.7xx. Final practice session will be from 8.00pm tonight.

Best of luck tonight with the race gentlemen! I will not be part of the grid unfortunately.
Have a great one!

Best of luck tonight with the race gentlemen! I will not be part of the grid unfortunately.
Have a great one!

OK Bo, thanks for letting us know. Hope you can make the season finale in 2 weeks.

Right then gents, its race day again. Friday and Saturday saw some super close racing in the final practice sessions. The combined times for these are below and we have seen another mix up at the top end of the table, with Capt D taking the purple. Weescotman and Megg finally got their times into the 48s aswell and Theewar improved his previous to take 2nd spot on the table.

FUJI F PRACTICE TIMES

CAPT_D...1:48.749
THEEWAR...1:48.865
WEESCOTMAN...1:48.925

MEGG230...1:48.962
GOODWOLF...1:49.129
ADE3210...1:49.262

JAMMYREX...1:49.501
NOMAD...1:50.249
CANARY WOOLF...1:50.753
GC255...1:50.803
SOCALSPEEDFREAK...1:51.372

Tonights race will be all about strategy. Pit stops will play into the result so everyone will need too get them right. Please be aware that the pit entry has a kink just as you are about to enter the pit lane. Once past this kink the pit entry is straight forward, however if you are still on throttle, even only a little bit as you go over the line, you will be denied the proper stop and end up with a drive through. This race will be a minimum 2 stopper, so also consider fuel consumption when making your pit stops.

I would also like to remind everyone that there is only 2 sets of the sports soft tyre available for the race.

The timetable for tonights event is below. The lap count is set to 36, however if we experience problems and have to delay the start then 4 total laps will be deducted making it 32 total laps with 8 on the medium tyre. Please try to arrive early so we can work through any problems and hopefully enjoy the full 36 lap race.

POSTER #7.PNG

TT #7.PNG

LOBBY RULES.png

Last edited:
Fantastic racing in the penultimate race of Sunday Cup 5. 13 starters and 13 finishers with no internet woes is what we like. Some great battles throughout, with the usual suspects at the sharp end, but as usual thats a story for another day. Full results will be published tomorrow. This moment belongs to the top 3. Enjoy your champagne guys.

PODIUM #7.PNG

OK racers, results time. But first my story of the race.....

I knew from practice that I could put competitive times on the board and was very pleased to get 5th on the grid. At the green light, GC Gary got the jump on me and led into T1. I knew I had to get back past if I was to stand any chance of keeping with the front runners. I stuck close to his bumper for the first lap and took my chance to pass at T1 lap 2. Made the pass, but GC was right on me, getting some slip through the next fast turns. I managed to just keep ahead and through the rest of the lap started pulling a small gap. Slowly I started catching the lead pack, putting in a 1:49.011 fastest lap which gave me the purple time for a while.

The gap got smaller until I was in touching distance to Warren and Soka. Lap 6 and I was still there, but the gap had increased. I pushed too hard to catch up and lap 7 disaster struck. A slight twitched sent me into a spin and I went off. From that point on my luck vanished. The tyres didnt have the grip to deliver competitive laps and for the rest of that stint I struggled to keep the car on the track. By lap 12 my left rear was down to 4 and back end grip was non existent.

As I tried to catch Canary another spin put me back further. After 13 complete laps on the first set of Rubber it was time for a change. 60 litres of fuel was added along with SM tyres with the intention of going until it ran out, hopefully after 26 laps. It nearly worked out, with the next stop required after 25 laps.

Back onto SS for the last 11 laps and I exited the pit in P12. Managed to catch Socal, who seemed to give me the position at T1. Then it was a race against the clock if I was going to make up any more places. I caught up with Nomad, who put up a very defensive drive. Some nice wheel to wheel racing and I made the pass, but it was too late to make any further improvements and I came to the chequered flag P10.

On the whole, I really enjoyed the race, but was very disappointed with my first stint. I knew I had the pace and consistency during practice to do better. Maybe my set up was good for hot laps, but not for the endurance of a lot of laps.

Anyway, onto the results.

GRID #7.PNG

RESULT #7.PNG

STANDINGS #7.PNG

So with one race to go, its all still to race for. Weescotman leads the championship with 10 points over Capt D and Theewar just 1 point behind in P3. But then there is a huge scrap for the next positions. Double points are up for grabs in the season finale at Spa on June 14th.

First official practice will start on Friday, but I will be trying some test runs on Wednesday and Thursday evening to determine whether there will need to be any adjustments to the tyre usage regs for this last race of the season. (increase to 3 sets max of SS tyre instead of 2. If this is the case the race length may be adjusted slightly to make a 2 stopper vs a 3 stopper both competitive.)

Back